Thread: Tena Pants Maxi

Default Tena Pants Maxi

Just noticed there is now a 'Maxi' variant of Tena Pants. I've ordered a sample.

I've yet to try a Pull Up type product which is any good absorbency wise - I do like Tena's designs a lot though.

Pull up type do nothing for me. I have some Tena Slip Maxis on order that should arrive Tuesday! Can't wait to try them. Good luck

The thing that frustrates me about pullups is that you have to take your trousers off to change them. I think they're more suited to women who wear skirts and dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    The thing that frustrates me about pullups is that you have to take your trousers off to change them. I think they're more suited to women who wear skirts and dresses.
    somebody mentioned something about pull-ups being more practical, a while ago, and i meant-but-forgot to respond (going from memory, again; but y' know what my head's like) with some info from a mother of a mildly disabled child who had to remonstrate with their supplier of IC goods because the supplied pull-ups meant that the child had to fully strip their bottom half in [messy] school toilets, in order to change (meaning, not only a need for fresh pull-ups, but also fresh pants/trousers, in the case of them being soiled by the environment), and that she and child wanted 'proper' diapers instead, to make life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    somebody mentioned something about pull-ups being more practical, a while ago, and i meant-but-forgot to respond (going from memory, again; but y' know what my head's like) with some info from a mother of a mildly disabled child who had to remonstrate with their supplier of IC goods because the supplied pull-ups meant that the child had to fully strip their bottom half in [messy] school toilets, in order to change (meaning, not only a need for fresh pull-ups, but also fresh pants/trousers, in the case of them being soiled by the environment), and that she and child wanted 'proper' diapers instead, to make life easier.
    Perhaps that's why (some?) NHS PCTs don't do pull-ups full stop?

I have not tried these in particular, but I have tried other "super-high-capacity" pull-ups (Tranquility Overnight, Abri-Flex) and run into problems, because the elastic tends to stretch itself out after awhile and loses its ability to hold the pants up if you really soak it to capacity. Basically, they sag really badly.

Tena Pants Maxi have been my favorite (public diaper) for years, I love those. I have also tried Tranquility pullups, and they were great, but unfortunately they don't sell those around here.

Pullups are normally thinner than slip diapers, so to be a little more discreet I wear pullups when in public. The downside is, like mentioned above, that you must take off your pants when you need to change. And for me this can be a bit embarrassing if I need to change in a stall where everyone can see my legs from the outside.. I hate those stalls, why do them even make them?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckey View Post
    Tena Pants Maxi have been my favorite (public diaper) for years, I love those. I have also tried Tranquility pullups, and they were great, but unfortunately they don't sell those around here.

Pullups are normally thinner than slip diapers, so to be a little more discreet I wear pullups when in public. The downside is, like mentioned above, that you must take off your pants when you need to change. And for me this can be a bit embarrassing if I need to change in a stall where everyone can see my legs from the outside.. I hate those stalls, why do them even make them?
    They're cheap, and can be put up in about 5 minutes.

If you have a genuine need then I see no reason not to use the disabled toilet.

When I think about it, I can't remember seeing even one disabled toilet at my school... But as there are 'normal' toilets there too I don't mind using them.