View Poll Results: Should adult babies be accepted into society?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 63.64%
  • No

24 36.36%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should adult babies be accepted into society?

Default Should adult babies be accepted into society?

I would love it to be so I can go out in my cute onesies but what about you?
    Last edited by Babyboyuk21; 27-Apr-2013 at 10:46.

It would be nice if this could be done, but unfortunately given the way society is very scared and often very intolerant of things they don't understand nor like, it would seem very unlikely that AB's would be accepted into society.

The only thing we can really hope is that we can stay as it is now, because even if AB's were accepted into society, I can guarantee that it wouldn't work out well for those involved in it, it's just something that is better kept on places like here and just generally away from modern society.

I'd say no. I'm no exhibitionist- so I don't get off on other people seeing my diapers... but I don't think it's fair to subject the general public to it, either.

Our type of regression from a psychological standpoint is easily justifiable- it's about escapism, role playing, and getting away from problems we all face as adults.

That being said, I think we all agree that what we do is a little strange. Many people only see the diapers, and think about adults running around in soiled padding. Others see the baby paraphernalia and immediately let their minds jump to pedophilia. Will wandering around in public be the answer to the social stigmas we face? I really don't think so. I think it'll make people uncomfortable, mostly. I think that social stuff like that mostly evolves over time (and has, given the effect of the internet).

It's not really a sexual preference- it's a fetish. I don't understand why people want to preach acceptance for ABDLs, when it's only a fetish- and a bizarre one at that. I think it needs to stay in our homes, in private- where it doesn't violate the general public's rule of decency.

That said, there are a few places for it, I think. Gay pride parades are usually all about acceptance, Halloween is another great one where you can go all out. I'm sure there's some others I'm missing.

I don't like any group doing self interest stuff in public. Unless it comes up, just keep yourself low key. I'm a huge 420 supporter, I stay to myself though. I'm not interested in preaching to the converted, and I'm less interested in trying to convert others. You talk about acceptance but the only reassurance you need is from yourself.

I would have to say no, in mainstream society. I would say yes to munches, or something that is a little more private. I do not think it is right for people to force their desires on others. I am an AB, and also incontinent, so I wear my diapers 24/7. If I bend over, sometimes my diapers do get exposed... I do not go out of my way to hide the fact that I am in diapers, but I do not go out of my way to show people I am in diapers or an AB, if that makes sense to you. But I guess it would depend on the person you are, as long as its not a crime, then you could wear whatever you want.

How many of these threads are going to happen before people realize it is not a good idea! Flat out No, we do not need to be accepted by anyone besides a significant that actually serves purpose in your life. You don't need to go out in public in full on baby attire. You will do nothing more than make people very very uncomfortable, normal people and other AB/DL's alike.

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    How many of these threads are going to happen before people realize it is not a good idea! Flat out No, we do not need to be accepted by anyone besides a significant that actually serves purpose in your life. You don't need to go out in public in full on baby attire. You will do nothing more than make people very very uncomfortable, normal people and other AB/DL's alike.
    I don't disagree with you, but I think there's a huge grey area between "No, we shouldn't be accepted by society," and "Yes, I want to go out in public wearing a onesie." Of course, Babyboyuk21 (OP) is an exhibitionist and has started up insane threads like this in the past about going out in public all dolled up, so I don't really expect him to create a thread that lends itself to a shades of grey discussion.

All of us with SOs know the horror of having to come out as ABDL to them. I'd be very happy if when I told my fiancee, she'd have already been aware more aware that people like us exist and there's nothing wrong with what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but I think there's a huge grey area between "No, we shouldn't be accepted by society," and "Yes, I want to go out in public wearing a onesie." Of course, Babyboyuk21 (OP) is an exhibitionist and regularly starts up insane threads about going out in public all dolled up, so I don't really expect him to create a thread that lends itself to a shades of grey discussion.

All of us with SOs know the horror of having to come out as ABDL to them. I'd be very happy if when I told my fiancee, she'd have already been aware more aware that people like us exist and there's nothing wrong with what we do.
    This is true, when I read the OP I didn't really take into account just being "accepted" but at the same time the two go hand in hand with each other. Acceptance will lead people to do stupid things, like going full on baby in public. The kind of acceptance we need is not the kind of acceptance we think we need.

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    This is true, when I read the OP I didn't really take into account just being "accepted" but at the same time the two go hand in hand with each other. Acceptance will lead people to do stupid things, like going full on baby in public. The kind of acceptance we need is not the kind of acceptance we think we need.
    Perhaps, but the case study I imagine is BDSM. Is everyone into getting tied up and slapped with a riding crop? No, but many, many people are aware that it's a thing some people enjoy. I've always had the impression that people not into BDSM have a very live-and-let-live attitude about it. Much like how swingers are regarded by non-swingers. But I don't think I've ever heard of someone doing the BDSM-equivalent of what OP's suggesting*. While what OP wants to do is clearly a problem for people like us, I'm not sure that his desire to become a social pariah is a realistic enough concern to justify the stance that we need to actively prevent non-ABDLs from knowing we exist.

*Though there is a swingers parade in New Orleans every summer.

maybe not in the sense of going out in nothin but daipers.
    but as a private thing they they have no control over

in other words everyone would accept it without ridicule as long as it stayed in house or at events of the abdl type. but exhibitionism is not good for anyone if you ask me.