Thread: Hi, I'm new...obviously :)

Default Hi, I'm new...obviously :)

Hi,

I've kind of been stalking this forum for ages and not had the guts to join before...I'd say I'm a diaper lover, although I've never had the guts to buy any before because I'm terrified of people finding out.

I reccently told my boyfriend I had these feelings but we only talk about it when we're drunk so yeah, I think I just need some advice about how to deal with this fetish I suppose and I think it's great that there is such a massive community like this.

My name is Kate, I'm 21 and I'm at University.

Even now I'm terrified about posting this thread incase someone I know sees it or whatever, so yeah. Hi, and I hope I can make some friends out of this

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi91 View Post
    Hi,

I've kind of been stalking this forum for ages and not had the guts to join before...I'd say I'm a diaper lover, although I've never had the guts to buy any before because I'm terrified of people finding out.

I reccently told my boyfriend I had these feelings but we only talk about it when we're drunk so yeah, I think I just need some advice about how to deal with this fetish I suppose and I think it's great that there is such a massive community like this.

My name is Kate, I'm 21 and I'm at University.

Even now I'm terrified about posting this thread incase someone I know sees it or whatever, so yeah. Hi, and I hope I can make some friends out of this
    Hi Kate! Welcome to the site! First of all, try not to be shy about posting. We've all been hesitant to make our first post. Your profile and posts can be as anonymous as you like. The group here is knowledgable and fun to hang with!

As for your boyfriend, without knowing more particulars, it's hard to give advice. Do you live together? If so, it will be harder to hide your stash of diapers. Oh, and don't be afraid of buying. There are plenty at nearby stores. Just say you are buying for a babysitters job you have or an incontinent relative. There's akso online sites to buy from who deliver discretely. Back to your bf, some so's are more understanding than others. Go slow and "feel" your way around the subject some more. See of he wants to try it together, maybe, and see what his response is, drunk or not.

Yeah we live together, at the moment I'm sharing a house with other people but when I move in to my new place with just me and him I might buy a sample pack from cuddlz and just see what he thinks...

I've been a diaper lover since I can remember, and just had this massive urge to buy nappies but yeah, it would be nice to be amongst a community where I'm accepted.

Have you heard of a show called 15 stone babies? Was aired on channel 4? That was one of the reasons why I joined, if people can come out to the entire country on a show I'm sure I can join a forum and come out to my boyfriend.

Did you find it hard coming out to people at all?

I haven't come out to anyone. I am married and not sure how my wife would respond, although she would probably say Whatever! Besides, it adds to the excitement, imo. Yes I have heard of 15 Stone Babies but not watched it. There are a lot of UK residents on this site that have, I'm sure.

In the meantime, tell us what other non ab/dl activities you enjoy.

Well I'm a student studying English at uni, about to graduate. I have an amazing dog who I have great fun with, like reading, shopping, going to the cinema, musicals. That kind of thing, what about you?

Hi and welcome. Any ideas what to do after uni? It's hard to come out... It was back in my day, when I discovered one more of us, a long time ago back in the 80's. *Sigh* I talk regularly on this site and explore one or two others; and of course I like to go to gatherings of us. I have been to a couple of fetish events held at gay mens' clubs (as opposed to lesbian bars I used to drop by with lesbian friends...) Currently our meets are evening affairs at an independent coffee shop where we have the space and privacy; we can pull tables together or sit in a corner in the stuffed furniture. They are also an internet cafe, and play alternative music, occsionally hosting a small band, and they make home-made light meals.

I have come out to a friend I started knowing through a phone dating system: she has kinks and was both unsurprised and was fully accepting of mine. Other than that, not to any vanillas or the general public, but I have no shy or nervous feelings speaking openly about it with the other padded folk.

Currently we all touch base on Fetlife which allows its group system to be used to gather like-minded folk together... You will be surprised at the number, size, and diversity there of different groups. Many such groups are locally based ones for ageplayers and/or diaper-lovers. Perhaps (or not) you might have a look to see if you want to know more people with similar leanings.

In the meantime, online ordering is the way to go to get quality, and exactly what you want... with no need to be nervous or embarrassed at all.

Howdy Kate and welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of interesting topics to engage in.

My advice: Take deep breath and relax. You sound like an intelligent lass, so be smart about your DL interests and you'll have nothing to worry about. Don't browse sites like this on computers others can access or, if you do, be sure to use Chrome's Incognito mode or similar private browsing feature. As for actually buying diapers, you can order them online and have them shipped discretely to you, or you can just go to a store and not worry about what the people in the store think. If you're worried about seeing somebody you know, just plan a trip to a store a few towns over.

Life's too short to spend it frightened by what others might think. At the end of the day, they're just diapers and your life will hardly be ruined if somebody finds out. I've been a DL since I was five and have been discovered several times by friends and family. Twenty years later I'm happily married to a wonderful, participating wife, have a good career, and great friends, and a loving family.

Stay dry and happy! Don't worry... get padded up and enjoy it!

Thanks guys for making me feel so welcome. I'm moving into a new place in a few weeks so I think that'll be the moment when I buy some diapers (I'd say nappies cos I'm English but I even feel embarrassed typing the word nappies let alone saying it out loud, weird eh?) ill have to update you all with my first diaper experience...I think eventually maybe in like 5 years I'd go to some of the uk events but one step at a time!