Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Cease this slow Segregation!!!!!

  1. #1

    Exclamation Cease this slow Segregation!!!!!

    I have been reading some post for the past couple of days and I think it is about time I said something. We need to cease the bad mouthing of other websites. It makes us no better to hate on other abdls just because they are more into the fetish side of things. Society doesn't like us, so don't destroy the only thing we have of acceptance. I don't want to see this turn into how the furry community is. Babyfurs are hated to much in that community and they are just as much of a furry as anyone else in the community. You would think after reading stories about how society treats some found out, that we would come together and put those differences aside. Some might say that they portray us in a negative fashion, but in all honesty the only way this community would ever be accepted in society is if we did not wear diapers.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    I have been reading some post for the past couple of days and I think it is about time I said something. We need to cease the bad mouthing of other websites. It makes us no better to hate on other abdls just because they are more into the fetish side of things. Society doesn't like us, so don't destroy the only thing we have of acceptance. I don't want to see this turn into how the furry community is. Babyfurs are hated to much in that community and they are just as much of a furry as anyone else in the community. You would think after reading stories about how society treats some found out, that we would come together and put those differences aside. Some might say that they portray us in a negative fashion, but in all honesty the only way this community would ever be accepted in society is if we did not wear diapers.
    While I agree that we should not hate "other abdls just because they are more into the fetish side of things.", I am still a bit bitter over the discrimination I have experienced as a non-sexual ABDL. No offense, but you sound like a man complaining about sex discrimination in the workplace. Sexual ABDLs and fetishists are the overwhelming MAJORITY of ADISC and every other "support site". As much as I feel that the pain you are feeling is valid, I still think that the non-sexual ABDLs are the true minority and deserve more sympathy. I don't think what has been thrown in festish ABDLs is right or even true, but I still get a feeling that it pales in comparison to the discrimination spewed at "lifestylers".

    The ABDL community needs to love and respect everyone regardless of what ABDL means to them. ABDL can be sexual or non-sexual. No one group of ABDLs is supierior than another.

    "Society doesn't like us, so don't destroy the only thing we have of acceptance."
    I have to disagree. This is an absolute statement. 100% of society does not hate us. Sure we are misunderstood, however we are just as "normal" as everyone else. If "ADISC" is your only source of acceptance than I do pity you. Your friends/family should love and support you. Otherwise they are not your friends/family. Letting something as silly as wearing diapers rule your relationships sounds like a personal problem to me. If someone can't get over the fact that you are ABDL then you don't need them.

    "Some might say that they portray us in a negative fashion, but in all honesty the only way this community would ever be accepted in society is if we did not wear diapers."
    This is some serious "debbie downer" logic here. Again an absolute statement... "never" is not a nice word. There is nothing wrong with wearing diapers!!! What could possibly be wrong with that? They are just underwear. By claiming that society will never accept us because we wear diapers you are bashing the fetish ABDL community yourself. ABDL, diapers and all, deserves to be accepted!

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    No offense, but you sound like a man complaining about sex discrimination in the workplace.
    ...Which would be very legitimate. I'm not sure about the state of affairs internationally, but where I come from there are actually women who get a job simply because they are women, not because they are the best candidates for the job. Depending on where you live and how stuff works there, your metaphor may be flawed.



    Sexual ABDLs and fetishists are the overwhelming MAJORITY of ADISC and every other "support site". As much as I feel that the pain you are feeling is valid, I still think that the non-sexual ABDLs are the true minority and deserve more sympathy. I don't think what has been thrown in festish ABDLs is right or even true, but I still get a feeling that it pales in comparison to the discrimination spewed at "lifestylers".
    I disagree with the notion that the 'true minority' deserves more sympathy. Everyone deserves sympathy, especially if they're being discriminated against.

    And being a sexual AB/DL, I also feel discriminated against by the recent onslaught of anti-sexual topics on ADISC. If even people from within the AB/DL scene are starting to see us as perverted, then we know there is an even slimmer chance we will ever be accepted for who we are by the community at large...

  4. #4

    Default

    I honestly came here away from Daily Diapers and other forums like it because they're overly sexualized. What makes me stay here at ADISC is the fact that it is not overtly a sexual forum. At least not in comparison to those.

  5. #5

    Default

    I think one of the main things to remember is that this site is bigger than all of us. If any one single one of us think it should be something that it is not, then it's obviously not the site for this person.

    If the idea that you're thinking of is meant to be, for this site, and its existing member base, then it will happen organically and naturally.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maurepas View Post
    I honestly came here away from Daily Diapers and other forums like it because they're overly sexualized. What makes me stay here at ADISC is the fact that it is not overtly a sexual forum. At least not in comparison to those.
    Oh, but I can sympathize with that. I don't care for overly sexualized AB/DL sites; if I want to experience the sexual part of it, I can do that on my own. It's good that ADISC exists because it's mainly a support site, but that's the case for both sexual and asexual AB/DL's. I respect the so-called 'lifestyle littles' for who they are, but I don't need any of them telling me that it's wrong to masturbate in a diaper because what they do is nothing better or worse than what I do.

  7. #7

    Default

    Just because we share one same interest does not mean we need to like each other.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    Just because we share one same interest does not mean we need to like each other.
    Okay, that's true. But there's even less reason to dislike each other just because we have different reasons to have that same interest.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    Okay, that's true. But there's even less reason to dislike each other just because we have different reasons to have that same interest.
    That should make no difference though, I could dislike someone who is into something for the same reason as myself, just as much as someone who is into it for an entirely different reason. There are DL's that I completely hate, just because we share DL you say I should hate them less?

  10. #10

    Default

    Even in a community as small as ours (the ABDL community, not ADISC in particular, although it applies to that as well), there is a fair degree of variation within the boundaries of what brings us together. As such, I try to avoid looking down too much on one group or site just because I don't favor their approach. This doesn't mean I have to accept bad behavior or believe that everything is equal but if it's just a matter of preferences or serving different groups, it's no skin off my nose. There are a number of sites out there that are happily serving their members and I don't see any problem with that, even if I wouldn't care to count myself among them. ADISC isn't for everyone. I'm glad there are other options.

Similar Threads

  1. How to I tell my sister to cease and desist?
    By DictatorBanana in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-Jun-2011, 10:57
  2. Slow PC
    By deano13 in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 25-Feb-2011, 02:55
  3. Segregation
    By noleafclover in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-Feb-2011, 10:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.