Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Sheets

Default Plastic Sheets

Well, I have to say, plastic sheets are my new favorite AB item. I love the sound of the crinkle when i get in or out of bed, or just putting things on top of it. Plus it is nice to have the extra comfort knowing that if i have an accident, my mattress wont get ruined.

Aside from that though, does anybody know some really good brands or places for plastic sheets, especially for a queen size bed? The one i bought is from wallmart and the quality is not the greatest even though it works. I'm hoping to find something that is easier to put on, this one is like a sleeve and is a pain to put on, and it ripped on the side a bit while doing so. What would be great too is a plastic cover that is as noisy as possible. I am also looking for something that is a wipe to clean style, so i won't have to wash it much.

They make ones that are just the topper like a normal fitted-sheet...as well as the 'sleeve' / zippered types. Wal-Mart K-Mart, probably Target... Did you get the white vinyl or the newer stuff?

I have the white vinyl and I like it. First I put the plastic sheet one first than mattress pad or pillow top and finally the bed sheets. Sometimes I use GoodNites Bed Mats those work great too. Especially when I try new diapers for my bedwetting problem.

I love the crinkle of plastic sheets... but they make me sweat so much that it's just unbearable. I wish I could use them but... I need to sleep and be warm and comfortable more than I need to hear a crinkle... :-(

Well,

I have them on my beds...always have...

Anyhow the ones I get are from southern textiles...not noisy...in fact you usually can't tell they are there...

Amazon.com: Southern Textiles Platinum Queen Size Bed Mattress Topper Cover: Home & Kitchen

I think that's the one I have...just mine is in king...

B

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I love the crinkle of plastic sheets... but they make me sweat so much that it's just unbearable. I wish I could use them but... I need to sleep and be warm and comfortable more than I need to hear a crinkle... :-(
    Bet youíre placing the plastic directly below your bottom sheet. Try placing a mattress pad (or anything that breathes & absorbs) between the plastic and bottom sheet to minimize sweat issue.

totally love plastic sheets I have one in storage that is like a pillowcase I wan to put it on but it does make it hard to sleep being so hot. I do put a blanket an sheets under the fitted sheet it gives you breathing bedding as you sleep , you dont here the crinkle as much an that is a favorite part too, my bf got me a new bed I havnt put it on ther eyet I am still super secritive of my AB gear.

Quote Originally Posted by WBxx View Post
    Bet you’re placing the plastic directly below your bottom sheet. Try placing a mattress pad (or anything that breathes & absorbs) between the plastic and bottom sheet to minimize sweat issue.
    Ha! Yeah - that was my first attempt which lasted about 10 minutes! But I placed it under the mattress protector and duvet that I place under the top sheet... and I still ended up hot and sweaty!

The only thing I've found that works is a "quilted bed pad" under the top sheet... but only on a cold night, and if I wear a onesie and footed pyjamas as well. The bed pad is better because it doesn't cover the whole bed, so from my chest up and my thighs down it's breathable. There's no crinkle... but... you can feel that you're protected... if you know what I mean...

All far too much hassle and sleeplessness for me to use every day, sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    They make ones that are just the topper like a normal fitted-sheet...as well as the 'sleeve' / zippered types. Wal-Mart K-Mart, probably Target... Did you get the white vinyl or the newer stuff?
    All i could find was the sleeve style. It has a cotton poly top. It crinkles a bit which makes me smile. I often push my hand into my bed just to hear it.