Thread: Abena xplus are not as comfortable anymore

Hyperlitegreen

Default Abena xplus are not as comfortable anymore

I just received my abena xplus and tried them on. I don't if they have been sitting in the heat at the warehouse, but they don't feel comfy anymore. the inside of the diaper feels more rough. I think the quality has gone to crap. because on my last case, it felt like that. Im switching to tena maxi slips now because they have always been smooth and silky on the inside. what do you guys think?

Yeah they have made some changes. I still buy the Abena xplus from xpmedical.com just because it is still the old style. It is call The Abena "4171" Original X-Plus in size XL. They only sell the XL size. I still like it. Just like when they change Attends diapers. I miss the old Attends diapers with the blue tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    Yeah they have made some changes. I still buy the Abena xplus from xpmedical.com just because it is still the old style. It is call The Abena "4171" Original X-Plus in size XL. They only sell the XL size. I still like it. Just like when they change Attends diapers. I miss the old Attends diapers with the blue tapes.
    I agree with this. I have found some vintage Attend 6 tapes, but they are the ones that have the Attends on tapes. They are still quite thick. Plastic is still in good condition.
    The new ones are flat out terrible.

Abena has constantly downgraded the x-plus line significantly. They seem thinner and less comfortable and they definitely have decreased capacity. I have a feeling that they will soon be passed to a different brand by many as they keep downgrading.

Its as if they are trying to get people to stop buying the plastic backed version.

I have already moved on from Abena, Bambino suits me just fine. I haven't ordered away from Bambino for a couple of years except for once. I bought a case about a year ago, I haven't finished it because I keep choosing my Bambinos over Abena.

At least Bambino improves their diapers based on feedback... so why not support their efforts.

I concur that Abena X-Plus diapers have decreased in quality in recent years. I find that quite unfortunate. Gary doesn't seem to be aware of that however, as I'm certain a repeat of his diaper test would reveal the lower absorbancy and decrease in thickness. I moved on from X-Plus to Bambino and Dry 24/7 - although Dry 24/7 also seems to be lowering in quality / amount of thickness and absorbancy as well, although that could just be their poor quality control. These drops in capacity are making it difficult to find a diaper that consistently holds up for 8+ hours.

It also seems to me that with the latest batch of M4's that the inner material / sap has broken up into clumps after wearing for a while, which has never happened before. Anyone else have this experience?

2020porter: I have had that happen to me last year. The Abenas do have a bad habit of clumping.

The biggest downgrade I've noticed is the loss of the elastic in the rear waistband, they just do not fit comfortably now.

wearing one now and I dont feel uncomfortable at all. I'm sorry you guys are having trouble. Dont know If ill ever switch from these.

Last batch of M4's I ever ordered had horrible clumping problems (ordered just before their first "gotcha" announcements about shutting down that line for good). They always had clumping problems, mind you, just not that bad. It was bad enough I'd consider them nigh-unusable for any kind of long-term wear.

I haven't ordered away from Bambino save once to try out Cushies.