Thread: Hello everyone!

Default Hello everyone!

Hello! Well i'm still studying at the moment, hopefully to be a midwife Because of health problems I haven't been able to go to university or anything, but when i'm better I can hopefully go! I'm dating a lovely guy who i've been with for two years, and luckily he supports my little side and enjoys being my Daddy, but when i'm not in little space we like to play video games together or hop into the land rover and go green laning.

I'm here to have a nice time and make friends, especially since i'm new to 'coming out of the changing room' if that's appropriate to say haha! I don't have much time to wear nappies or be little a lot, so making other like-minded friends to talk about that stuff is refreshing

Well, I like video games, land rovers, piercings, tattoos, sci fi, roleplaying, LARP, the TV show Firelfy, making friends, blogging, the goth subculture, car mechanics and working. I'm not very good at any of these things, but I do try I also have a love for the online MMO Tera. And as you can tell by my username, I love bats! I like a lot of things hehe

Welcome to the website, Bat. I think we can all agree that it is daunting, taking that first step to meeting others with similar likes online. Rest assured that the people I have met here have helped me out a bunch, and I'm sure you'll meet plenty who'll help you too. It's also good to hear that your boyfriend is accepting of your likes, and that's always a plus

Shame to hear about you having health problems, though. I hope you will get better soon. I am in a similar boat as I am studying in university, so it is a bit difficult wanting to balance both study and the lifestyle of an AB/DL...amongst other things ^^; So, what got you into wanting to become a midwife?

That sounds great, thank you Yeah it quite nice, I thought at first he'd be quite put off by it, but he really just kinda said "Great, it sounds fun, i'll be your Daddy!" but since he's never done it before he doesn't really know how to do it, but he's learning

It's fine, mostly mental health difficulties, but i'm getting there That will be tough but I really can't wait to start learning again, since I do love a bit of hard work :P Well I always wanted to be in healthcare, especially positions where I can actually engage in the public and help, as well as the fact that I think childbrith is a very important and magical occurrence, so I'd love to help people with it :3 Plus babies are adorable, hehe! I was going to go into being a playschool worker, since I love to work with children, I don't know, I think it helps being in kind of a little mindset, since I know how to play and talk to them and things, but sometimes I get worried people may think that because I'm a little working with children, even other abdls may think something wrong

Oh wow, you really will fit in here: welcome aboard. Wow - the second really excellent intro post I have read today! What makes it excellent is that you supplied so many talking points: things to do with you, your health issues, your hobbies and interests, your little side - and even a bit of a controversial issue to discuss in mature topics!

I also really like how your enthusiasm and positive attitude to life shine through. It's great to hear of people whose little or dl life is going well: that is important to us all because at minimum it means it can happen. I would like to hear about "green laning" - what is that? Does it involve driving about in a 4X4? I am not familiar with the term...

As to people with unusual private lives being thought unsuitable for certain jobs because some people suspect that a person's motives toward children may be suspect: suffice to say that it's only recently in several countries gay people have the right to adopt. Dressing and acting little on your own time in the privacy of your own house, is your business. *SIGH* People will equate being different with being dangerous. Yeah, you are dealing with the main myth about abdl's, that it implies somehow being attracted to children sexually. Look at the bright side: at least being female, it's that much less likely you might be suspected of anything bad. If midwifery doesn't work out then being a daycare worker would be great. You would indeed understand kids from their own point of view...

LARP? you larp? I used to do that Let's you and I discuss our LARPING days in a new thread I am about to make in Off Topic forum.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 30-Apr-2013 at 04:08.

Wow, thank you so much! I was worried it wasn't good enough, hehe!

Sometimes, because my health problems are all psychiatric, there are times in my life when I feel so gloomy and downtrodden by life, but I like to use Stephen Fry's analogy of depression: I've found that it's of some help to think of one's moods and feelings about the world as being similar to weather: "Here are some obvious things about the weather: It's real. You can't change it by wishing it away. If it's dark and rainy it really is dark and rainy and you can't alter it. It might be dark and rainy for two weeks in a row. BUT: It will be sunny one day. It isn't under one's control as to when the sun comes out, but come out it will. One day." So some days I may have to be in bed all the time feeling sorry for myself and barely eating or sleeping; it's okay to have those days, but you can't let your thoughts take over your life. You just have to bring an umbrella.

It's basically getting into a 4x4 and finding what are called byways to drive through. Most byways are really rocky or hilly, so it's a lot of fun maneuvering a huge machine through them, we went a few days ago and it was so narrow it scratched all the sides of the land rover. :P

I've always been out of the norm since i've dressed alternatively for many years, so i'm used to people thinking i'm strange or a weirdo, but when it comes to my passions I can't help but get a little intimidated by others judging me. However, I think as long as I keep it shtum about what I do in my private life, I should be fine. Working in daycares is awesome because I get to help nurture children into good role models for the future, but they also have awesome toys to play with... Who really gets to say they can play with lego as their day job? Hehe

That's a kinda unique combination of your interests, I have to say ;). But still nice nonetheless!

Are you also into other cars, or nearly everyone in general, or just offroad, i.e. jeeps/4x4? I'm curious now. Do you also enjoy motocross perhaps?

What's your main character class in tera, by the way? I liked this game a lot, just bad luck with my PC, it doesn't run that good, unless I turn off the Hud... and that sucks obviously for the most part, especially since I'm a Priest. Still, it's a nice game, I enjoyed leveling up a lot and the endcontent is quite hard, so demanding.

Hm.... another firefly fan... and yes, I know that it's a really good series. I just discovered it recently, since some person, which is trying to force me to see it, mentioned it apparently. Are you also into other sci-fi series or movies?

Anyway, welcome to adisc and get well!

Hm.... another firefly fan
    And if I may hazard a guess, Red Dwarf, Monty Python, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Dr. Who? If you haven't heard of it, I would suggest the Rutles. They were a fictitious band parodying the Beatles; The Rutles were created so a fake documentary ( a "mockumentary") could be made about them, All You Need Is Cash, parodying the documentary about the Beatles, All You Need Is Love. Albums were released and they actually charted in the UK for real! Here's a quote from Wiki

The Rutles (The Prefab Four[1]) are a band known for their visual and aural pastiches and parodies of The Beatles. This originally fictional band, created by Eric Idle and Neil Innes for 1970s television programming, became an actual group (while remaining a parody of The Beatles) and toured and recorded, releasing two UK chart hits.
    The Rutles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    All You Need Is Cash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sample of their songs: which are not only loving parodies of the Beatles, but fine songs in their own right.

Hmmph. Just discovered I can put no more than one video link on these here forums
    Last edited by Raccoon; 01-May-2013 at 05:18.

Hey and welcome! Mental illness can be utterly debilitating. I love your outlook! Gotta keep your head up and wait for the sun to shine. Stephen Fry is one smart cookie (and a rather funny one).

The Bat
    By Frank Jacobs

Bats are creepy; bats are scary;
    Bats do not seem sanitary;
    Bats in dismal caves keep cozy;
    Bats remind us of Lugosi;
    Bats have webby wings thatfold up;
    Bats from ceilings hang down rolled up;
    Bats when flying undismayed are;
    Bats are careful; bats use radar;
    Bats at nighttime at their best are;
    Bats by Batman unimpressed are!

Haha yeah a lot of different things, variety is the spice of life!

I like other cars and motorbikes, I like the old ones but I don't know too much about them really, but I can appreciate them! Oh man motocross, my cousins used to drive me mad with it! One of them had something like three bikes at one time, but I don't know if he's still into it now. I haven't really given it a go, but i'd like to one day!

I play as an elin archer most of the time, and yeah without the HUD with archers it's kind of the same, my laptop CAN run it but quite slowly, I actually have a text-based roleplay going on right now with a friend with the tera setting, it's actually quite fun! Sometimes a little better than the actual game if a PC can't handle it, haha.

Yep, another browncoat! Mostly what Raccoon mentioned, Red Dwarf, Monty Python, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Dr. Who, Star Trek, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, and a lot more! When you have an annoying geeky older brother, you end up having to watch the shows at first, then end up liking them. :P

Thank you! <3 Sorry I took so long to reply, I completely forgot! My memory is terrible, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes to all! It was towel day a few days ago I believe, but wouldn't you know it, I forgot the peanuts! That sounds good, i'll have a look! And the bat poem is great!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! Sometimes I believe he may be a little too smart to come from this earth, haha.