Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying Diapers from ABU

Default Buying Diapers from ABU

Okay, I have some questions of AB Universe about their diapers and their shipping of the orders since I've heard some bad things about them in the past.

Which of the diapers would you recommend getting. Cushies or Super Kids Dry or both? Since I honestly can't seem to decide between the two since they're both so similar.

And is the BabyFresh scent worth getting alongside it?

And how long does it usually take for them to ship out the Diapers and for them to arrive when they do get shipped out?

Much help will be appreciated as I am very uncertain about what to do with this situation.

I have ordered from AB more than once and I never experienced any trouble with the shipping, which if I remember right they took about a week to come in.

AB has fun play diapers, if you wanna get the scent you should know that the scent is strong, you can smell it outside the plastic bag they come in. Hopefully that isn't an issue because it is a pretty awesome scent. As far as choosing SDKs or Cushies, it's all about looks. They are the same diaper in terms of thickness so just get the one that you like.
    There's my 2 cents, I hope you have a blast with your choice

I've ordered from them twice and didn't have an issue either time. I know a lot of people do have issues with them, but I try to keep in mind that they're a very small niche business so they're never going to be perfect.

I've gotten both the Cushies and SDKs. They aren't really crazy thick and are pretty much good for one wetting before you run a leaking risk, but if you're someone who doesn't like to sit in wet diapers all day like I am, then it won't be a problem. I'd get both and see what you like.

Yeah I'm with everyone else, it's about which look you prefer. They're relatively the same in terms of thickness and absorbency.

Personally I like the SDK's because it really reminds me of the old school pampers from when I was a baby, but I really like the Cushie designs. I do feel like the Cushie design is a bit over done however, and would prefer them as the cloth backed so they match up with today's baby diapers where there are lots of designs and cloth backing.

Just be aware that the one tape thing is great for adding to the whole 'baby diaper feel' but it doesn't fit as comfortably as it could. Still works though.

- - - Updated - - -

As for baby fresh scent, imagine a very strong smell of the Luvs or pampers diapers mixed with some baby powder. But, again, it is very strong, so be aware of that. It's not overwhelming, but it's also not this subtle whiff that you would expect from baby diapers. And I've never had a problem with shipping either, but I've also never bought in bulk. That may contribute to delays.

Their shipping issues seem to have been resolved around 2 years ago. Since then, however, they've had a bunch of other ethical problems including transgressions against ADISC directly and their association with a site that appears to be a front for selling a catalog of underage boys in diapers.

At this point, it's not really a question of if you would receive an order from them as much as the fact that it means supporting some very, very, sketchy people by ordering from them.

I've ordered from ABU many times and never had an issue. The products were always in good condition and arrived in a reasonable amount of time.

I highly recommend both the SDKs and the Baby Fresh scent. It's not exactly the classic Pampers fragrance of yesteryear, but it's pretty nice.

Okay, from the looks of things, when I go to order my first lot from ABU, I'll probably get a 2-pack of both the SDK's and the Cushies, just so I can make that decision for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    Their shipping issues seem to have been resolved around 2 years ago. Since then, however, they've had a bunch of other ethical problems including transgressions against ADISC directly and their association with a site that appears to be a front for selling a catalog of underage boys in diapers.

At this point, it's not really a question of if you would receive an order from them as much as the fact that it means supporting some very, very, sketchy people by ordering from them.
    I'd much prefer to not judge a companies based on how they act towards the community here at ADISC and their associations with sketchy websites, because that's more or less a topic that I don't feel belongs in a thread like this nor does it belong in a discussion about buying their diapers.

Either way it goes, I'll probably be ignoring that fact as I buy from their wares as nothing more than a customer who is interested in their product and not judge them for the things they do outside their business.

I'd much prefer to not judge a companies based on how they act towards the community here at ADISC and their associations with sketchy websites, because that's more or less a topic that I don't feel belongs in a thread like this nor does it belong in a discussion about buying their diapers.

Either way it goes, I'll probably be ignoring that fact as I buy from their wares as nothing more than a customer who is interested in their product and not judge them for the things they do outside their business.

Quote Originally Posted by GalacticSushiMan View Post
    I'm sorry, but what exactly are you trying to say to me? This image doesn't seem to create any kind of message.

Quote Originally Posted by BraddyPoniTaku View Post
    I'm sorry, but what exactly are you trying to say to me? This image doesn't seem to create any kind of message.
    I'm equating your stance on ABU's sketchy reputation to an ostrich with its head in the sand.

It's one thing to say ''I accept they're a bad business, but I don't care because diapers.'' It's another to stick fingers in your ears and yell "La-la-la! I can't hear you!''
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 24-Apr-2013 at 02:54.