Thread: Indulgence

Default Indulgence

Warning: Random ranting

I've been thinking about this a lot lately: This fetish is all about indulgence. for me, currently, it represents a completely selfish act, an excluding act, since there is no ABDL in real life that I see a romantic potential with, so I do it alone.
    This is an Annoying predicament. It's not that I can't have relationships with non-ABDL folk, it's just this is a big part of me and my sexuality.

Just bugs me, that's all

I'll agree it's an indulgence and it's selfish. Neither of these things are necessarily bad. Everyone in the western world indulges themselves in lots of ways and this one is no different. I'd also agree that it can be exclusionary and that's a thornier concern. There are times when I've chosen to indulge in it instead of doing things I should have or been with people who I cared about. I think I have this under much better control at this point in my life. It took time for me to get that balance. Really believing that my diapers were going to be available to me later was key in this, rather than something that I thought could be whisked away at any moment.

While I agreed that it can be exclusionary, I don't agree that it must be. If you get someone to share this with, it changes the dynamic considerably and allows for expressions that aren't even selfish. Try to get right with yourself but consider how you might also be able to share it and yourself.

Of course the dynamic would be different if I had an ABDL partner, that's the point of the rant. But because finding one is not at all, so it becomes a exclusionary thing to do. When I indulge, I shut myself off from conventional sexuality, and therefore terminate the will to find some one non-ABDL.

Quote Originally Posted by some1 View Post
    Of course the dynamic would be different if I had an ABDL partner, that's the point of the rant. But because finding one is not at all, so it becomes a exclusionary thing to do. When I indulge, I shut myself off from conventional sexuality, and therefore terminate the will to find some one non-ABDL.
    Masturbation tends to be exclusionary and even the most vanilla person can do that. I do understand your anxiety and it could be you'd benefit from making more of an effort to get out. It could also be that you're overly focused on what you see as a problem. While sharing this with another ABDL saves a lot of explanation, it's not the only possibility. There are people out there who are capable of handling a bit of weirdness. If you want to share it, get out there and look.

seconding much of what Trev said.
    for me, i've gotten used to it, even though my dislike of my selfishness has come form a part of my self-loathing, and i'm much in the boat of accepting this/these flaw(s) and not wishing to force them onto anybody else. obviously, though, that's self-serving and selfish in itself.
    in the end, though (if there can be an end to this loop), i just wouldn't want to burden or mess-up somebody else's life with my shit. and i've so gotten used to that, that i couldn't ever see myself sharing myself with anybody else; the idea of that now seems weirder than most of my oddities.