Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home made toddler bed!

Default Home made toddler bed!

Awhile ago I got this idea to build a todder bed , after looking on fourms talking about toddler beds. The idea kinda rolled around in the back of my head for about a month until I couldn't get the thought out of my head. I previously had a bunkbed I built with my dad out of scratch. The only problem then was that I built the bed in the room but couldn't get it out, so about four years later with the lightly used wood plus some bolts,washers,nails and Polyurethane ( to cold to put on still, have to wait until it's 70 degress for it to work! Here is a picture of how it turned out !

Well. You certainly know your woodwork, so I don't think you'll have trouble making your own toddler bed.

What will you be adding to it to give it that toddler feel?

I have a couple of plushies on the bed allready and I plan on getting over ten more (beanie babies at our local HallMark store a dollar each!They are trying to get rid of them. ( somewhat older ones) I am not quite sure what kind of comforter designs I want on it yet, Whatever it is, it will be little boyish.
    Also, when building the bed I thought of putting wooden head and foot boards, but after much fustration(going though a few nails trying to nail the darn thing in!) I am going to put a couple of those guard rails that go underneith the mattress inbetween where the foot and head posts are.

I gotta ask, how much did it cost for all the wood and materials to help build that bed of yours?

And are you planning on making a tutorial on how others can make it themselves? Because this is really interesting me.

That would be pretty good, actually. Though mind you, buying wood on its own tends to cost more than the finished product, from what I can remember.

I made a cargo bed for my son a few years ago. Cargo construction uses 1 x 4 inch pine boards, framing the pine boards which run up and down. I also made a drawer unit which went from the floor to the 2 x 6 frame. I asked my wife if I could make a toddler double bed for us, but she said no......sigh. Actually, I didn't really ask...haha.

That's awesome! If you made a blog about how this bed was made and what the measurements are, that would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKid25 View Post
    That's awesome! If you made a blog about how this bed was made and what the measurements are, that would be fantastic.
    Pretty much, if this were to be made, I would get right onto that ASAP, because this would be a good thing for all AB's to have if they don't wanna afford making a crib.