Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: romance. *Women answers, but guys also accepted.

Talking romance. *Women answers, but guys also accepted.

Helloo once again everyone ^_^ yet another unrelated question. I find that this whole community is the most accepting and loveable group of people you can find anywhere (as wimpy as that sounded) so i tend to come on here instead of other places.

ANNYYWAY.
    so i'm writing a book. i dont want to give away too much, but i need some romanic scenes if anyone can help. basically its just a boy and a girl who just get engaged, and then later comes the plot. but tbh i'm a romantic person when it comes to my girlfriend and all, but writing is a little bit tricky for me. so does anyone have any romanic scenes i can use? i dont really have to tell you the scenario, i can work that into it. but if you need to have that i've got the first 2 chapters of the book online.
    Untitled Book

anyway thanks

If you flesh out your characters properly, and have a clear idea of who they are, a story will virtually write itself.

Quote Originally Posted by clip12 View Post
    but writing is a little bit tricky for me
    No kidding.

Romantic scenes? Like.. what type of romantic scenes with what kinda basic set-ups? I can be romantic myself but I dunno, sure I might dream of being carried like a princess when I'm tired from a long day, or someone putting their love for me to song.. but I've always moved forward with the idea that I'm a bit old-fashioned with my romantic interests and many different people like different things.

So I'm not sure exactly what might work for your characters in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Oateson View Post
    If you flesh out your characters properly, and have a clear idea of who they are, a story will virtually write itself.
    As an active writer myself, I cannot stress this enough. You have to have your characters fleshed out. To try to force situations upon your characters just doesn't work, and if it does, it's not going to be as good as it could be if you had let the scene grow out naturally. You have to define as many aspects of their personality as possible, coming up with scenarios and asking how they would react to them. Not only will this make it easier for you to write, but your readers will be a lot more attached to your characters, because they feel like real people, not just flat images used to tell situations, rather than a life.

Dolmio: Julie Sweat! Julie Sweat! wherefore art thou, Julie Sweat?

Julie: i'm up here, Daft Apeth! what's up wi' noggin? has it gone slower? use thyn head and open t' door!

[Dolmio enters Julie's house and ascend the stairs to her room]

Dolmio: oh, Julie Sweat! come hither to hug.

Julie: nay! not as thou'st be ridden by a bug. besdies, for kisses, come crosses: my palm with silver. but thou has nought, nor even a fiver.

Dolmio: forget, thee, palm, silver and fiver, i'll cross thy lips with my saliva [grabs Julie and snogs her, while she struggles]

[enter, Julie's father]

best i can do at short notice
    anyway, you get the picture: most stories are along the same lines as all the others. there's nowt new under the sun. inspiration is out there waiting for you.......

holy.

moly.

i fleshed out my characters and the ideas, just came rushing to my head! thankyou so much guys :') i would have given up on the book if i didnt do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post

Dolmio: Julie Sweat! Julie Sweat! wherefore art thou, Julie Sweat?

Dolmio: oh, Julie Sweat! come hither to hug.

He will not get very far telling her she stinks!

Sweat = the expelling of fluid from the body designed to cool one down, if left to fester it stinks.

Sweet = confectionery, sugary, or a "cute" name to give someone who you have feelings for....

<evil grin>

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVimes View Post

Sweat = the expelling of fluid from the body designed to cool one down, if left to fester it stinks.

Sweet = confectionery, sugary, or a "cute" name to give someone who you have feelings for....

<evil grin>
    bahah

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVimes View Post
    yes, but Julie Sweat rhymes with the frankish Juliet/Juliette, in common speech

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    yes, but Julie Sweat rhymes with the frankish Juliet/Juliette, in common speech
    :P