Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assurance Diapers: So bummed

Default Assurance Diapers: So bummed

When it comes to everyday diapers there are four things I look for: Cost, Performance (in terms of one use), fit and appearance. So my diaper of choice during the day has been the Assurance briefs from Wal-Mart. They cost less than fifty cents apiece (20 for about 9.00); they are plain, white plastic; they have standing leg guards and they perform better than the readily available Depends briefs. They also have a decent thickness. Or at least they did.

I went to the store to get some yesterday and was heartbroken when I found that they changed them! They now have non-woven backsheets, no standing leg guards, really stupid looking tapes and NO waistband! I am soooo bummed. Now I'm going to have to spend twice as much in order to get a decent plastic diaper. The new ones are pretty much just like the Tena Ultra diapers, which I don't like at all. Does this bum anyone else out???

Butterfly Mage

I had a similar reaction when Attends got bought out by Paper-Pak several years ago. They made the diapers a lot thinner and less absorbant. They also compressed the crap out of them so that you have to tear the whole bag open to get the diapers out.

Yeah, it's a real bummer when a decent brand gets redesigned to have lower quality.

Bummer! I bought some last night and they were the same as ever but I noticed they were rebuilding the display and all the pullups were in different packaging and had the dreaded "New and Improved" sticker. I'll have to go back and buy any of the old ones they have left.

Edit; The price had risen to $10.64 from $8.47!

Nam

when I went to buy my lastest supply of them I noticed that they were changing over to the cloth like covers and no waist bands like many other store brands.
    luckily they still had some of the plastic backed ones left and i bought a couple of pack of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DiaperLines View Post
    When it comes to everyday diapers there are four things I look for: Cost, Performance (in terms of one use), fit and appearance. So my diaper of choice during the day has been the Assurance briefs from Wal-Mart. They cost less than fifty cents apiece (20 for about 9.00); they are plain, white plastic; they have standing leg guards and they perform better than the readily available Depends briefs. They also have a decent thickness. Or at least they did.

I went to the store to get some yesterday and was heartbroken when I found that they changed them! They now have non-woven backsheets, no standing leg guards, really stupid looking tapes and NO waistband! I am soooo bummed. Now I'm going to have to spend twice as much in order to get a decent plastic diaper. The new ones are pretty much just like the Tena Ultra diapers, which I don't like at all. Does this bum anyone else out???
    speaking of those diapers, i just got them last week
    i gave them one good wetting and it felt like i had an ocean between my bum and the plastic backing. they are not good at all.

The old ones were only good for one wetting, but i like to change often, so i didn't mind. They were just so comfy and cheap. I'm going to have to see if any stores have the old ones and buy them up.

If anyone can find the older ones take a comparison shot, I'm more of a visual person.

I think it's time to start buying up the old stock of assurance if you use them, I think I will hit wally world tomorrow to see if there are any at are local.

The assurances changed?! I was going to buy a bunch of packs tomorrow too >.<

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedbabygirl View Post
    The assurances changed?! I was going to buy a bunch of packs tomorrow too >.<
    Ouch! Ob la di ob la da eh?