Thread: Chuggaaconroy is Let's Playing Link's Awakening!

Default Chuggaaconroy is Let's Playing Link's Awakening!

Does anybody else watch Chuggaaconroy?? If not, I'd totally reccomend checking him out on YouTube <3 His next project is Link's Awakening and, thought not confirmed, Super Mario 64 DS He's done games such as Okami, Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine, Earthbound, and many others ^_^

What's significant about Link's Awakening... It's just an old gameboy title...

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post

I noticed that his DP has changed as well to fit the new project he is working on.
    Although the Link hat is the thing that mainly draws your attention, I did notice that it has a Mario hat on the secondary C of his logo, but really, with the list of Mario games on the DS/3DS, why would he choose SM64DS for a Let's Play?

I mean, you never know, he could end up doing one of the Super Mario Land games in order to keep with the theme of doing old Game Boy games.

You never know until he releases that first episode of his Mario LP.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
    While I will admit that he could have picked any of the other Zelda titles and still have made a good choice, Link's Awakening is more than just "an old gameboy title".

It's the game that was the first leap for the LoZ franchise for a portable console and continues the story of Link to the Past and alongside it, inspired many of the aspects that you saw in games such as Ocarina of Time, in fact, without it OoT probably wouldn't be AS good as it was. And I think Emile wants to give appreciation to it in a way by doing an LP of it.

I'm afraid I haven't really gotten the time to watch his videos, and I honestly don't know much about Link's Awakening. I would have figured he would have done A Link To The Past, since the 2 to that game was just announced, seems like the perfect time.

Sure it will be great for those that follow him though, enjoy!

I think I'm more reacting to the creation of this thread than anything. Why is it really significant that a popular youtuber is Let's Playing Link's Awakening as opposed to anything else. My opinion on Link's Awakening is kind of neutral. It was one of the best gameboy titles, but I never owned one and thus have no nostalgia about it. Are Link's Awakening Let's Plays really that rare?