Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrift store mystery diaper buy results

Default Thrift store mystery diaper buy results

The last time I got 2 bags of Tena Supers at a thrift store I noticed several clear bags of unidentifiable diapers. I just returned, intending to get more Tenas but the other bags were still there and I was curious. So I opened the bag and the tapes say "Wings". These must be the Wings XXL. These things are friggin' huge! However they do have full plastic backing and the tapes are sticky but re-fastenable. I strapped one on over the Super I started out wearing and I had to tuck in the extremely tall waistband section. These ought to be fun...

Wings are the Kendall brand. They're THE standard medical supply diaper for medicaid/insurance stuff. THey come in a couple of different grades and they aren't too bad.

I use to have Wings diapers years ago but I rather be in Bambinos or Dry 24/7 diapers for my bedwetting problem. You can still get Wings diapers here Kendall Wings, HL Ultra Adult Diapers & Pullons I can't remember if they ship discreet or not. Its been awhile since the last order.

Back in 2000, they where not so bad compared to all other brands. Only Tena and Tranquility at the time where a bit better. I can't say for today, I'd have to try them again.

I had a couple of Wings in a sample pack I got from HDIS a year ago. I tried them out but was not impressed at all.

These are way oversized and I'm not thrilled with the bottom tapes, but I do know I'm in crinkle bliss and these things can float a battleship! I'm considering putting in an order for local pickup from DMES though I'm apprehensive the ones they carry are probably cloth backed by now

The Wings that I tried recently were thin and the SAP clumped pretty quickly. They didn't leak, but weren't that comfortable.

I toured the Kendall (Covidien now actually) plant about 2 years ago. They bust those things out by the tens of thousands on a couple of dozen different lines. The warehouse.... Freaking gigantic, has to be a half million square feet with pallet size boxes of diapers stacked 10 high to the ceiling. They said the stock in that warehouse turns over twice a month and the place runs three shifts. I have no idea where they all go because I seriously doubt you guys are buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Got1 View Post
    I toured the Kendall (Covidien now actually) plant about 2 years ago. They bust those things out by the tens of thousands on a couple of dozen different lines. The warehouse.... Freaking gigantic, has to be a half million square feet with pallet size boxes of diapers stacked 10 high to the ceiling. They said the stock in that warehouse turns over twice a month and the place runs three shifts. I have no idea where they all go because I seriously doubt you guys are buying them.
    (I swear I'm not stalking you!)

Kendall pretty much has half of the hospital/nursing home industry if not more. We are too picky with our diapers.

That must of been awesome to see. I'm actually a truck driver and get to see warehouses on a daily basis. I've been amazed at the sizes and production they seem to be making on a daily basis. Especially the Wal-Mart distribution centers. All of the things that go in and out and sometimes things don't even pass through a distribution center. Costco distribution centers are even bigger.

How does everyone keep finding diapers at thrift stores? I've been to 4 local ones stopping in a few times a week and have yet to find even a pack of depends. Am I missing something?