Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To people who wear frequently; who do you feel has a right to know?

Default To people who wear frequently; who do you feel has a right to know?

So far, I have only ever encountered two people whom I have told who I feel had the right to know about me and diapers; both are related to rooming in college.

The first is the first guy I intended to room with next year. We were already good friends, but I felt obligated to tell him so he could decide if he wanted to put of with the potential issue.

The second is the leader of the suite I am moving into next year. He invited me to be in the suite months ago, and I told him after everything was finalized. I felt obligated to tell him because I felt he should have knowledge of anything that might cause an issue so that he could approach me without awkwardness.

I generally believe that the person who's room you intend to live in should know, so that they have fair warning.

What do you guys think?

A 'Right', to know?
    Unless you're living with someone, and on intimate terms with them (not necessarily sleeping with, but they'll find-out sooner or later?), I can't imagine anyone having a 'Right', to know such a thing.

Medically, that's another topic altogether.

If I'm gonna be living in someone's room or suite (common in college), I feel that they should be able to freely approach me if I'm causing a problem. Thus, the roommate or suite leader in my case have a right by my logic.

right to know?
    only my girlfriend has the right to know.
    as for convinience, if you feel the need to share or do you think the people around you have the right to know... just do whatever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    A 'Right', to know?
    Unless you're living with someone, and on intimate terms with them (not necessarily sleeping with, but they'll find-out sooner or later?), I can't imagine anyone having a 'Right', to know such a thing.

Medically, that's another topic altogether.
    I agree, I don't think anyone really has a "right" to know. However, the following circumstances may warrant the need to tell: You are in a long term physical relationship with someone, or you intend to begin such a relationship. The person is your doctor or therapist and your use of diapers is medical or mental health related. You live at home with your parents, and you have been caught by a parent or sibbling who now needs to understand.

-Gus

Um... I have the right to remain silent.
    :p

The people who have a RIGHT to know are those that will be effected by it. If there is going to be smells, or them sitting in a trash can or something.. then everyone I'm currently living with has a right to not only know but to ask me for some understanding if they don't want to deal with certain things. If I was with people who didn't want to smell it for instance, I would be understanding and only do things when they weren't around and do my best to contain the smell.

I agree that if anything, talking about it before you move with each other might be best. Just don't tell someone you aren't trusting won't spread the information.. I wouldn't want you to have to deal with some pain because of it. Things can get kinda complicated..

I guess if you believe you can 100% keep them from being effected by it then it wouldn't be required..

i would only tell significant people in my life. such as a future girlfriend or boyfriend lol. friends that i spend a lot of time with possibly. also people who could find out by accident. you should consider telling them also. it probably will be embarressing telling them but could it be more embarresing than getting homer and finding your partner holding a diaper and asking whats this ?

I imagine that you told your roomate/suitemate that you wore diapers, not anything in depth about ab/dl.

If I was wearing 24/7 or even just at night I think I'd tell someone so I didn't have to deal with an awkward situation coming up. However I doubt I'd tell anyone except a SO or family about the true nature of the diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by kwisy View Post
    I imagine that you told your roomate/suitemate that you wore diapers, not anything in depth about ab/dl.

If I was wearing 24/7 or even just at night I think I'd tell someone so I didn't have to deal with an awkward situation coming up. However I doubt I'd tell anyone except a SO or family about the true nature of the diapers.
    Yes, I only told them that I was going to wear diapers at night. I realize that the people I feel obligated to tell probably don't care about WHY I wear diapers, because the only thing that would potentially affect them is the fact that I am wearing diapers.