Thread: This Binge Feeling Got Me To Tell Three Friends...

Default This Binge Feeling Got Me To Tell Three Friends...

Well, the title of the thread kinda says it all. Lately I've been feeling terrible urges on Infantilism, which led me to tell my mom to take me to buy diapers. I got the diapers, and we're all happy. But I needed to talk about the feelings with somebody close to me. So I couldn't help it and told three friends. I mean, my family knows, my best friend knows...I was blindly thinking "Nothing bad can happen if I tell my friends, I mean, we've been close for 8 years." So I did...

It wasn't that bad, one of them understood really well, and gave me advise on "accept myself and not to worry about others", he even encouraged me to be more open. Another one, who is a little close minded, laughed but said that if I couldn't help it, then it was ok. And the last one told me that since it is "inoffensive" and makes me happy, why stop?

So I realized I do have the best friends in the world.

Now, I'm just waiting for this Binge thing to decrease before I announce it on Facebook. (kidding!).

If you guys want to know more details, ask away. This is the basic overview.

Goodnight to everybody!

Good for you! Telling people is probably one of the most nerve wrecking things to do. It's great that you have such a wide range of people that know and support you. As long as you don't go telling facebook, you'll probably be alright :P.

I think you are young, I think you do the best thing to to in the time we live, I think more peoples will do this in the future.
    Times changes. Me I'm old. Thirty or fourty years ago, this was Unthinkable just to tell to parents.

You are very fortunate to be surrounded by such understanding people!

While I don't think I would have the nerve to tell any of my close friends or parents, I think that it is important to be able to talk about it with someone. I remember when I used to binge/purge I always felt intense urges to tell people or lead them to find out. As time has gone on I have been able to better cope.

I think the hardest thing to deal with is when you tell someone but they are not very understanding. Its impossible for me to know just how understanding your parents/friends are, but I think it would be a good idea to not try and push it too much upon them.

I'm happy to hear your friends are good with it and that you had a positive reaction to your telling them (overall). Like Acceptance i have not told anyone however I have tried to lead a friend into asking/figuring it out (he didn't). But I am glad he didn't cause as much as I'd like to tell him, as much as I think he'll not care, I'm still scared as hell. I'm even scare to talk to my girlfriend about it.

My post may have been a bit misleading, as the only person I have told was my ex-girlfriend (who actually made a post here about a month ago). While I haven't (and probably wont) told any of my 'regular' friends, I think it is important to be open with someone you hope to be with for a very long time. Obviously it has to be done at the right time though, and every relationship is unique. I think after doing it the first time, it will be much easier for me to tell future girlfriends, even if I think theres a chance that they might leave me as a result.

Well that is one of the best coming out stories I have heard in a while. Congrats on your success!

Congrats and I hope you keep those friends for life, they seem like the best kind.

Yeah, it's been great and I've been able to discharge all those overwhelming feelings...

Thanks for your comments!

That's just... amazing! I'm so full of British reserve and anxiety disorders that I struggle to just "be myself" with others... even those I've known for 20 years. The idea of telling them seems terrifying, but I dream of the day in which... we can all just look at each other and see who we truly are...