Thread: TV/phone/internet bundle packages

Default TV/phone/internet bundle packages

I am wary of cell phone salespeople in mall kiosks with their promises. So it wasn't me who fell for their pitch but rather my mother and her friend when they signed up for AT+T U-verse. I had an ISP I'd been pretty happy with for the past 8 years that I had to cancel so people can save even more crap shows on the DVR. So far this service has been installed less than a month and the people who wanted it so bad are ready to yank it all out.

As far as the internet I've noticed it's been stable but download speed will drop considerably even though I could be the only one home surfing on a dedicated access point. Par for the course I suppose but the issue they are having with the main TV/DVR is that it goes completely unresponsive at almost scheduled times, and changing the box has made no difference. They've had a half dozen different techs out due to this issue. I could care less since I hardly watch TV but if they cancel the service they'll have to cancel the internet along with it, which does affect me.

Personally I find it comical that people can become apoplectic if they can't watch TV; calling and ranting at support. But anyway, has anyone else subscribed to U-verse and experienced this issue with the DVR? I know my answer would be "don't watch so much f--ing TV" but that would lead me to have to secure new housing in addition to the hassle of having to switch ISPs again. Help and advice wanted, otherwise post your own rant.

I will rant about Comcast.

Other than their horrible business practices and lies through commercials, the internet is so slow its almost unresponsive. Wheres the lightning fast internet Comcast promises? Second the customer service is horrible beyond belief, I was put on hold just to find out no one would take my call. My advice, dont go with Comcast. They master at the art of being commerical freeloaders.

It's never a good idea to buy stuff like that from a salesman -- you always get a better deal by doing the research yourself.

I was paying just about 240 a year for broadband, but I switched to a sister-company offering an identical service who pay me 125 for being with them -- saving 365. I don't understand how they can afford it, but I guess my package is subsidised by the people that don't change companies year-to-year.

Moral of the story: change ISPs/telcos/etc. as soon as the minimum contractual period expires for the best savings.

Bundles SUCK! I dropped my Comcast phone & TV and still have their internet as none can compare in my area. No home phone, no cable or dish TV, no big bills and I'm happy as ever.

Glad to see others share my sentiments. The same people who accuse me constantly of false economy are currently at the point of pulling their hair out trying to program a universal remote that doesn't list the device

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBalto View Post
    I will rant about Comcast.

Other than their horrible business practices and lies through commercials, the internet is so slow its almost unresponsive. Wheres the lightning fast internet Comcast promises? Second the customer service is horrible beyond belief, I was put on hold just to find out no one would take my call. My advice, dont go with Comcast. They master at the art of being commerical freeloaders.
    Weird, because Comcast is always upgrading their service for my friend in Fresno, CA. His internet is constantly being increased, and if there is every a problem, they give him months for free and upgrade him even further for free.

The worst internet service has to be Time Warner. Unfortunately, that's the only thing I can get where I live, and I hate it with a passion. Terrible service.

I've never had a problem with Time Warner Cable, just their customer service people. I've had numerous battles with them over the years- I got TWC as my cable company in early 2004 when they bought out my old company. When I got hacked last month I was on edge the entire call I had with them because of previous encounters with their network reps. I had wanted to let them know I had possibly been hacked for 6GB of data on a day when my computer had been off and I had been sleeping off a bug. All I'd wanted to do my civic duty; that's all. But... I was on edge. I always am when I have to deal with things I'm not comfortable with.

I have a bundle with Time Warner only cause I REFUSE to do business with AT&T after those sumbitches ripped me off on their home long distance when I signed on for long distance because of the fact my parents had moved out of state, sister moved out state, friends lived in other area-codes so I upgraded to long distance. AT&T pissed me off so much I was glad to be rid of them. I doubt in the future I will ever be doing business with those rip-off artists at AT&T.

It's a known fact that telecommunications networks have the shoddiest customer service for some reason. Not sure why that is but that seems to be the general consensus I have seen over the past few years.

WildThing121675

Way to much money for bundle. For me one cell phone, one internet provider, one tv antenna, and Netflix. Cell phone bill about 79 a month, internet provider about 29 a month, tv antenna free a month, and netflix about 14 a month. Total for me is about 122 a month. My next door neighbor has bundle and pay about 198 a month.