Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time Wearing

Smile First time Wearing

I got my sample packs in today and since I'm off tomorrow no better time to start right? So i was wondering if you guys have any helpful tips about the first time? maybe share stories of your first time?
    I just want it to be a good experience.

Make sure it's on tight. Mine was a little loose the first time and it sagged really bad. What kind did you get, btw?

1. Have lots of towels handy to protect bedding and furniture from escaping moisture
    2. Position your body to allow gravity to pull fluids toward the seat of the padding
    3. Don't sit down fast!

I think what the guys above me have said is pretty good advice, but I'll it again anyway.
    - Be sure that you put it on tight, or it'll sag when you start to fill it. Don't tape it on too tight, or it'll make moving a bit difficult.
    - Position your body by bending forwards or backwards as your wetting it, as the front/centre (depending on gender) will be absorbed quickly so you'll want the rest of the diaper to absorb the rest.
    - Be sure to cover any hard or delicate surfaces you plan on sitting on with a towel to save yourself having to clean up any leaks or potential stains.
    - Probably the most important point of all: enjoy yourself. My first time was close to euphoric, so enjoy the moment and you'll enjoy your first time.

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    1. Have lots of towels handy to protect bedding and furniture from escaping moisture
    2. Position your body to allow gravity to pull fluids toward the seat of the padding
    3. Don't sit down fast!
    Thank you. may i ask what happens if #3?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Make sure it's on tight. Mine was a little loose the first time and it sagged really bad. What kind did you get, btw?
    Sample pack of bellissimo and bianco from bambino. ...they have funny names.
    Edit: yes ive read that one about three times. and will read again before i wear. just wanted a few more pointers for the actually wearing part... I gotta say you'd think you'd just throw it on and be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    I think what the guys above me have said is pretty good advice, but I'll it again anyway.
    - Be sure that you put it on tight, or it'll sag when you start to fill it. Don't tape it on too tight, or it'll make moving a bit difficult.
    - Position your body by bending forwards or backwards as your wetting it, as the front/centre (depending on gender) will be absorbed quickly so you'll want the rest of the diaper to absorb the rest.
    - Be sure to cover any hard or delicate surfaces you plan on sitting on with a towel to save yourself having to clean up any leaks or potential stains.
    - Probably the most important point of all: enjoy yourself. My first time was close to euphoric, so enjoy the moment and you'll enjoy your first time.
    Thank you. things have been down lately so i figured doing this would be a good pick me up from the events of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostmyway View Post
    Thank you. may i ask what happens if #3?

- - - Updated - - -

Sample pack of bellissimo and bianco from bambino. ...they have funny names.
    Edit: yes ive read that one about three times. and will read again before i wear. just wanted a few more pointers for the actually wearing part... I gotta say you'd think you'd just throw it on and be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. things have been down lately so i figured doing this would be a good pick me up from the events of the week.
    If you sit down too fast, you might have a SAP explosion. Try it in the tub with some kind of lining. Something like a trash bag laid out to prevent it going down the drain. After you feel you've wet it and worn it beyond comfort, go ahead and have fun in the tub and squish away.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    If you sit down too fast, you might have a SAP explosion. Try it in the tub with some kind of lining. Something like a trash bag laid out to prevent it going down the drain. After you feel you've wet it and worn it beyond comfort, go ahead and have fun in the tub and squish away.
    I see. i've seen that acronym on this site alot but what exactly is SAP?

SAP stands for Super Absorbant Polymer. It is the stuff that holds in the urine. It's what causes the swelling and squishiness of a wet diaper.