Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diuretics

Default Diuretics

I'm sure this has already been asked, but are there any household substances with diuretic like effects?

Beer and Cranberry juice are two I can think of off the top of my head.

Water, water and more water.

It will also help decrease the smell of urine. Just try stick to under a gallon for safety reasons.

Also, anything with caffeine in it acts as a diuretic. So coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks, etc.

Sure, there are lots of them.

- Potato salad that has been left out in the summer sun for more than a couple of hours.
    - Food that has not been properly cooked.
    - Poor cleanliness and food handling techniques.

I could go on, but . . . I don't think this is exactly what you were after.

There is always the marshmallow trick, which has been thoroughly discussed in many threads in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBr_Cowboy View Post

- Potato salad that has been left out in the summer sun for more than a couple of hours.

There is always the marshmallow trick, which has been thoroughly discussed in many threads in this forum.
    I don't think he meant that. What he meant for "diuretic effects" is a substance that promotes the production of urine.

You could try some ice tea, it may work.

Those may be good for encoprosis ( a small oversight on Castor oil) but I believe the OP wants to know what will make someone wet more easily. I can't add any other suggestions but in my case Diet Coke hits the bladder harder than anything else

- - - Updated - - -

Those may be good for encoprosis ( a small oversight on Castor oil) but I believe the OP wants to know what will make someone wet more easily. I can't add any other suggestions but in my case Diet Coke hits the bladder harder than anything else

As Goofy said, "Well Gollleee".

Shucks, can't somebody make a joke here without being technically correct?

If you want to be serious (which it appears that the latest posters to this thread do); well, then here is a list of some common foods that will cause you to lose water.

- Water
    - Caffiene
    - Cranberry juice (which is also good for your urinary tract health)
    - green tea
    - beets
    - cabbage
    - asparagus
    - brussell sprouts
    - oats
    - carrots
    - lettuce
    - tomatoes
    - raw onions
    - radishes
    - most fresh fruits and vegetables: i.e. they contain abundant amounts of water and act as natural diuretics. --Melons, especially watermelon, are good diuretics.

AVOID SALT if you are trying to lose water. It absorbs the water and keeps it within your cells.

Hopefully this revised explanation will float everyone's boat. Or emmm, make it leak-- if that is what you are after.

Lighten up everyone!

Dandelion root baby!!!
    Pis-en-lit = French for pee the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Water, water and more water.

It will also help decrease the smell of urine. Just try stick to under a gallon for safety reasons.
    What Fire2box said. Just to add my 2cents worth, you may want to start drinking water a few hours before you intend to use your diaper. So that there is enough water in your system that your body expels the rest. What has worked for me is ~300ml per hour, starting 2 hours before I wear. But bear in mind to wear a very absorbent diaper!