Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Well, you all seem like an interesting lot.

  1. #1

    Default Well, you all seem like an interesting lot.

    Heyo. I don't have an awful lot in common with you guys, but you seem nice, and that's enough for me. I became interested in wearing diapers about 3-4 years ago, off and on as I've been able. It's not a full-blown need for me, just something that's fun and exciting. I joined so I could post and perhaps add to the discussions here, so I guess I'll see you around. Assault me with personal questions if you wish, I'll answer anything that I think won't incriminate me.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FIDAD View Post
    Heyo. I don't have an awful lot in common with you guys, but you seem nice, and that's enough for me. I became interested in wearing diapers about 3-4 years ago, off and on as I've been able. It's not a full-blown need for me, just something that's fun and exciting. I joined so I could post and perhaps add to the discussions here, so I guess I'll see you around. Assault me with personal questions if you wish, I'll answer anything that I think won't incriminate me.
    Hello and welcome. You have some things in common at least, that being what brings all of us to this site. We usually tell a little about ourselves in the introduction post so that we do get a chance to see if we have some commonality. I'm an educator and a professional musician. I'm classically trained but I played in a very good cover rock band for 15 years. I enjoy reading and I've written four stories for this site. For recreation I enjoy biking and getting out on our bike trail. So what do you do that helps define yourself?

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Hello and welcome. You have some things in common at least, that being what brings all of us to this site. We usually tell a little about ourselves in the introduction post so that we do get a chance to see if we have some commonality. I'm an educator and a professional musician. I'm classically trained but I played in a very good cover rock band for 15 years. I enjoy reading and I've written four stories for this site. For recreation I enjoy biking and getting out on our bike trail. So what do you do that helps define yourself?
    Ah, apologies. Well, I'm currently in college, studying Computer Science. I'm interested in writing, and do it for fun with the hopes that some day I'll be published. It's fiction, mostly fantasy. I'm also an aspiring artist in all mediums; the idea of creation is fascinating to me, especially the more "live" things, such as writing, music, and perhaps animation. I'm a rather silly person on the surface, but I try to be levelheaded in general and am typically open-minded. Opinionated, but not condemning. I've been an active internet user since early 2005, with all that implies, for better and for worse. My friends call me a "cheerful cynic", in the sense that I'm quite pessimistic about the world and people in general but extremely optimistic in the particulars. I'm a devout Christian, which has brought up some interesting moments as far as my travels through the internets go, and I've met quite a few people who are genuinely surprised I'm religious when it comes up; not because I'm particularly wild or "edgy" as people call it nowadays, but because I don't give them garbage for what they do, as long as it isn't harming others or making them unreasonably uncomfortable. Simultaneously, if somebody asks me my direct opinion on a controversial subject, I'll be perfectly willing to give it to them, making an active effort to provide my reasoning. Too much of "discussions" nowadays devolve into ad hominem.

    For hobbies besides my creative pursuits, I'm a DM for Dungeons & Dragons, which I suppose is just cooperative story-writing. I'm also a somewhat serious PC gamer, though college has seen to the extinguishment of that particular aspect of me. I tend to either prefer single-player games for their story telling or multiplayer games for the same. I can't stomach MMOs or the like due to the fact that it's all grinding. On the other hand, I enjoy RTSs and RPGs that slide away from the meta-gaming for the tactical thrill it brings; nothing quite matches the feeling of watching an enemy player, a human nonetheless, fall right into your trap, and it's even better if you can shake their hand and still call them a friend at the end of the day. Video games stop being fun when other people get mad.

    I'm a strong supporter of self-dependence in all of its forms, and believe that the quickest path to happiness is being your own best friend, and then making friends through your true-yet-refined personality, which many people stifle. My acquaintances come to me for advice, and at the cost of sounding arrogant, I think I do a pretty good job. I've certainly helped a few friends through tough times, so if nothing else I have the track record to prove it.

    In real life I'm very private about my personal life. Most of my friends don't know my real opinions or tendencies because I simply don't feel the need, --as others seem to-- to convince others that my way of thinking is the only one. I'm very aware that it isn't, though, as many people do, I believe it to be the best on the market. However, I have a line that I wrote for one of my stories that I very quickly realized applied to real life; "Everyone is justified from their own viewpoint. That's why the courts try the crime, not the criminal. If the judge and the jury were made aware of every trial that the criminal has had to face, all the pain that's burdened on him, he would go free every time."

    In conclusion, I take simple conversations on the internet perhaps too seriously for my own good, but again, I try to be approachable. I apologize if I come across a little bit stuffy; it's not intended, just a side effect of being an active author. I can't really bring myself to write something unless I've thought it through.

  4. #4

    Default

    You and I have a lot in common except for our age. I'm 65 and spent my college years in the turbulent '60s. I went to Westminster Choir College in Princeton, and received my degree in organ performance. Music has always been my life. When I was 4 years old, I would conduct the TV when they had a band or orchestra on. I used a broken green plastic ruler, something I remember to this very day.

    I have four stories I've written for this site, the latest being "The Un-training of Stanley Kaminsky". I've been working on a novel for the last five years. Several years ago my wife, who is diabetic, had some major problems with her health resulting in something called "Charcot Foot" which is a breaking of the bones. She got infected with MRSA and the antibiotics polished off her kidneys. We now do home dialysis. During these stressful times I Google Earthed my old home, a place that held comforting memories, only to find it all changed. It was then that I began to write, recreating that magical place, and embellishing it somewhat with grand and stately Victorian homes, a great place for a haunting.

    The children and parents in the story are all a part of me, my family, and kids I grew up with in a small remote collection of houses along Barnegat Bay, New Jersey. Writing has allowed me to rediscover myself, and some of the things which have hurt me, but also facilitated personal growth.

    Before I devoted all of my free time, which isn't much, to writing, I was an avid gamer. I too enjoy RPG games. I played all the Diablo games to their conclusion and on all three levels. I started Oblivion on my X-box, but got re-directed when I started to write. Writing is the better alternative as I have something to show for my time. I get a thrill when I can actually complete a short story, or a chapter in the novel. For me it's exhilarating.

    Judging from your wonderful reply it looks like you are going to be a great addition to the membership of ADISC. I look forward to your involvement and wish you well in your educational studies.

  5. #5

    Default

    I'll keep it short, since you answered a lot already...

    You would be a nice addition, I imagine, a little bit different perspective

    So just welcome to ADISC, FIDAD!

  6. #6

    Default

    Hey there and welcome to ADISC! First things first, I think it's cool that you joined even if you don't feel you have a lot in common with us. I think it's rather nice of you to find us nice and approachable and worth joining a site with us. Seems like you might understand a little of where we are coming from, but either way I'm sure plenty of people around here are going to be excited to get to know you. You seem really intelligent and nice yourself.

    I'm sort of jealous that you are a person who can actually get some D&D games going. I've always wanted to play but never had the people in my life that would wanna join in with something like that. I just got interested in PC gaming because of Steam and their amazing sales that are too good to pass up.. but I'm already spending hundreds of hours playing games like CIV5 and will be spending tons of money soon on an expensive gaming PC.. so I imagine I'm pretty much involved in that sort of thing. You posted the types of genres you like, but what were some of your favorite games? What was your first ever video game? I love your feeling that it's important to shake hands and be friends at the end, it's great to hear.

    Seriously, you seem really approachable to me! Glad to meet you! I'm hoping you find tons of great conversation and great times here!

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    I'll keep it short, since you answered a lot already...

    You would be a nice addition, I imagine, a little bit different perspective

    So just welcome to ADISC, FIDAD!
    Well, thank you. That's what I was going for; a safe, but different perspective, and I hope to receive the same. It'll be nice to see you around.




    Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Hey there and welcome to ADISC! First things first, I think it's cool that you joined even if you don't feel you have a lot in common with us. I think it's rather nice of you to find us nice and approachable and worth joining a site with us. Seems like you might understand a little of where we are coming from, but either way I'm sure plenty of people around here are going to be excited to get to know you. You seem really intelligent and nice yourself.

    I'm sort of jealous that you are a person who can actually get some D&D games going. I've always wanted to play but never had the people in my life that would wanna join in with something like that. I just got interested in PC gaming because of Steam and their amazing sales that are too good to pass up.. but I'm already spending hundreds of hours playing games like CIV5 and will be spending tons of money soon on an expensive gaming PC.. so I imagine I'm pretty much involved in that sort of thing. You posted the types of genres you like, but what were some of your favorite games? What was your first ever video game? I love your feeling that it's important to shake hands and be friends at the end, it's great to hear.

    Seriously, you seem really approachable to me! Glad to meet you! I'm hoping you find tons of great conversation and great times here!
    Well, as far as my ability to start D&D games goes, it helps to be the DM. I've played computer based versions of the system for years, namely Neverwinter Nights, and then had the chance to be a player in a few sessions that my friend started. He began to complain in private that he had a character he wanted to play with, though, and I, being a writer and fan of fantasy roleplaying in general took up the chance. It was an active effort, but I found people were willing to listen to the idea after I presented it to them. I suppose it helps that IRL I'm either a Bard or a Cleric. High Charisma, wot wot. Quite helpful in day to day life. As for finding people, well, I find it helps to hang around the more intellectual types. They, in general, tend to be somewhat suppressed when it comes to fun, playful activities, and they're a lot more fun to game with, seeing as they can get into the roles a lot easier. And they come up with really interesting ways around problems.

    PC gaming? Well, my parents were convinced that consoles ruined families back in the days of the N64 and the like, so I grew up on older games. Nostalgically, my favorite games are, as mentioned above, Neverwinter Nights, then Warcraft II, Magic & Mayhem, Populous 3: The Beginning, and I guess Mechwarriors 4: Vengeance. I like some of the new games just fine, but nothing's really caught my interest since Terraria. Love that one.

    If you want further explanations on any of them, or tips on how to acquire them or anything else, feel free to ask. I just don't want to bore you with details you wouldn't find interesting, haha.

Similar Threads

  1. Now THIS is very interesting...
    By LunarCat in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-Jul-2012, 10:20
  2. Interesting topic,,,what is your take on it?
    By Cherub in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2012, 01:50
  3. An interesting interaction...
    By Albasion in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-Nov-2011, 01:57
  4. oh boy....this should be interesting.
    By Benji in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-Oct-2010, 17:58
  5. Interesting...
    By h3g3l in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22-Jan-2009, 18:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.