Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone remember when it was acceptable to have pacifier in public?

Default Does anyone remember when it was acceptable to have pacifier in public?

Does anyone here remember when it was acceptable to have a pacifier in your mouth in public? It was back during late 80s and early 90s... Boy I feel old...

Anyway they used to sell pacifier necklaces, and they were all the rage back then. Here is what they looked like.

These were super cheap, but they also had the light up ones too... They still do have the light up ones today, though not as popular as back then!

Does anyone else remember that? I remember I had several, but they weren't allowed in school, so many people ( including me lol ) brought them anyway.

Only two times I've ever known in the thirty three years I've been around, in which pacifiers were popular? The first being in the early 90s (I'd say around 92) when Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez of "TLC" wore one in a music video and it became a "hood" sensation. The second being at rave parties and although I've never been to one, I'd imagine they still exist today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    Only two times I've ever known in the thirty three years I've been around, in which pacifiers were popular? The first being in the early 90s (I'd say around 92) when Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez of "TLC" wore one in a music video and it became a "hood" sensation. The second being at rave parties and although I've never been to one, I'd imagine they still exist today.
    Rave parties still exist today.. and they wear pacifiers... some do it because they like it while some also do it because they do Ecstasy and use the pacifier to keep them from grinding their teeth, but most people at rave parties don't do drugs but the ones that do have given rave parties a bad rep. So yeah they still exist today... there are lots all over the place.

However about the pacifier necklace... everybody did it my town.. and it wasn't a "hood" thing either because everybody did it... for a while too. I remember it well. I guess it was different in other parts of the USA.

They sold the pacifiers as a novelty item in my small town... you could get one for $1 along with the light up pacifier at our local video center. THey also had a lot of other stuff too besides movies to rent (this was all before netflix and DVDs) so naturally EVERYBODY went to the video center and the pacifiers became a big thing with all of us and we had them all over the place... they couldn't keep them in stock.

I suppose that others never seen them in their local stores then! Wow! I was lucky then!

Here is a link talking a bit about it, like being in the 90s. It's neat!
    http://www.imisstheoldschool.com/arc...mmy-necklaces/

- - - Updated - - -

note: They sold candy for soo cheap too and popcorn! Oh how I miss those days!

I remember those days also, but I think it was more related to ecstasy use then fashion

Quote Originally Posted by wetatnight View Post
    I remember those days also, but I think it was more related to ecstasy use then fashion
    Well it depended on where you lived... I grew up in a small
    town and everyone was doing it... The pacifiers I mean.. lol my mistake!
    Last edited by AnnBabygurl; 18-Apr-2013 at 16:06.

Zpeed

Russefeiring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Soon time for that again and there a lot of girls run around with pacifiers

- - - Updated - - -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russefeiring

Soon time for that again and there a lot of girls run around with pacifiers

Quote Originally Posted by AnnBabygurl View Post
    Well it depended on where you lived... I grew up in a small town and everyone was doing it....
    Ecstasy? Best town ever.

Does anyone here remember when it was acceptable to have a pacifier in your mouth in public? It was back during late 80s and early 90s... Boy I feel old...

Anyway they used to sell pacifier necklaces, and they were all the rage back then. Here is what they looked like.

These were super cheap, but they also had the light up ones too... They still do have the light up ones today, though not as popular as back then!

Does anyone else remember that? I remember I had several, but they weren't allowed in school, so many people ( including me lol ) brought them anyway.
    That's because people put them in their mouths when they were on extacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it depended on where you lived... I grew up in a small town and everyone was doing it....
    That's because a few of them used extacy and started a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by GalacticSushiMan View Post
    Ecstasy? Best town ever.
    I meant the pacifiers... Not ecstacy lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    That's because people put them in their mouths when they were on extacy.
    Yeah because ecstasy causes you to grind your teeth bad... I read up on it