Thread: Is it safe or should I get a new teat?

Default Is it safe or should I get a new teat?

So a while back I drank some juice out of my bottle one night and instead of washing it afterwards I left it in it's hiding place where it goes upside down and then I forgot about it (I know, stupid me ) and when I looked at it again today I found that some of the left over juice had dried up and left some stuff in the teat along with a bit of mould.

I washed it very good with very hot water and got rid of all the mould but I was wondering if it's safe to use the teat again or should I get a new one?

I would think get a new one you would be better off. Better safe than sorry.

if you boil it it should be fine, but how much would a new nipple cost? compared to the slim chance of getting sick

I would get two of them. That way you will have a backup in case something happens. I would definetly trash the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I would get two of them. That way you will have a backup in case something happens. I would definetly trash the old one.
    I agree with oleman and baby you should throw it away and get a new one because I drink pop mtdew out of my green go diego sport baby bottle that has nipple on the bottle and did the same thing you did lego kid and I had to throw it away too,so don't feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcAwesome View Post
    if you boil it it should be fine
    I'm gonna go with this, you'll be perfectly fine as long as you boil it.

Thanks for the advice everyone I think for now I might replace the teat just in case since I've got my final exams coming up and I don't wanna get ill just before them. I've been meaning to also buy a sippy cup soon so I'll pick up some teats when I get one.

Quote Originally Posted by legokid View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone I think for now I might replace the teat just in case since I've got my final exams coming up and I don't wanna get ill just before them. I've been meaning to also buy a sippy cup soon so I'll pick up some teats when I get one.
    I also have a clifford sippy cup so having a sport baby bottle with nipple and sippy cup,is a good idea to have both of them,So you can switch between the sport baby bottle with a nipple and a sippy cup to change with your personality at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by legokid View Post
    Good move!