Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does my class rank mean?

Default What does my class rank mean?

My class rank is 256/374. Trouble is, I don't know what that means. Do any of you?

Astra

It means you have the 256th highest grade point average in your class. 255 people have higher GPAs than you, and 118 people have lower GPAs.

So does that mean I am in the bottom half or the bottom quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by babyjasmine View Post
    So does that mean I am in the bottom half or the bottom quarter?
    You are just above the 30th percentile.

it means that 30 percent of people have a lower average than you. 70% have higher

It means nothing after you graduate, that is what it really means.

Quote Originally Posted by Naleas View Post
    It means nothing after you graduate, that is what it really means.
    Depends on the field. If you're in high school, it's important for college scholarships. If you're in medical school, it's important for placing into a residency. If you're in art school, it means very little.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Depends on the field. If you're in high school, it's important for college scholarships. If you're in medical school, it's important for placing into a residency. If you're in art school, it means very little.
    I'm in art school .... now I feel less important... actually I agree with Naleas, once you get cracking on with things it means diddly squat.... you stand or fall on your integrity as a person, your ability to have a go, and ultimately your work ethic... i reckon these are the things employers find desirable... if they're looking for anything else, like another sycophant in their employ, then give them a wide berth, at least that what I've done... I can't stand suck-ups.