Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Trampled To Death At Wal-Mart!

Default Man Trampled To Death At Wal-Mart!

A disgusting story that reflects extremely poorly on the materialistic crazes of Black Friday.

Man Dies After Wal-Mart Stampede, Throng Of Unruly Black Friday Bargain-Hunters Knock Down Door, Killing Man - CBS News

If you ask me, it's absolutely sick. People were so damn obsessed with their stupid Christmas shopping that they killed a man! Discuss here.

Sorry Pojo

FullMetal

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalchuk View Post
    A disgusting story that reflects extremely poorly on the materialistic crazes of Black Friday.

Man Dies After Wal-Mart Stampede, Throng Of Unruly Black Friday Bargain-Hunters Knock Down Door, Killing Man - CBS News

If you ask me, it's absolutely sick. People were so damn obsessed with their stupid Christmas shopping that they killed a man! Discuss here.
    Yea, I saw this...people are crazy! I mean...really? A mans life for a god damn bargain? That's really out there by most standards...

Sorry Pojo
    And you really do not owe pojo an apology, and don't feel as though you do. If he wants to be a jerk and complain about everything, he can, just do your own thing and don't feel bad. You want to create a thread, create one.

FullMetal

Wow, that's horrible! Although I've heard of a story somewhat like this. This was back when the PS3 first came out. My sister was going to try and get one early in the morning. 5 minutes before the store opened everyone basically had to run from the side to the store. (The police and store were enforcing no camping in front of the store.) One guy got trampled and showed up a while later on crutches. At least he lived. Still not as bad as people getting shot over the PS3. Really goes to show what people do to make sure they get what they're shopping for. Seems more surprising for this though, considering it's not just one item there, but Walmart does tend to be a zoo.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by The Sun View Post
    And you really do not owe pojo an apology, and don't feel as though you do. If he wants to be a jerk and complain about everything, he can, just do your own thing and don't feel bad. You want to create a thread, create one.

Haha...Well you're right, he doesn't have to apologize...I don't complain about everything, and I'm not a jerk, I'm just an honest asshole, so deal with it (aimed at everyone)

Indeed, this is a pretty disgusting reflection on Western consumerism and materialism when we value saving a little bit of money over someone's life. That pretty much sums up Black Friday and Western society, albeit in a usually exaggerated way; it is sickening.

I'm not into this whole anti consumerism thing, but I just hate it when they show TV clips of people acting like morons on drugs just to save $20 on something at Walmart. Take some Ritalin, please!

The thing that was on sale will still be there all of December....we can wait a day or two....it means less time hiding it anyways; that's another reason Black Friday shopping isn't worth it.

Butterfly Mage

Personally, I hate what Wal Mart has done to our country. They upped the greed factor several notches with their endless aisles of cheap, poorly-made, Chinese-imported junk. Then they put all the local merchants out of business. They pay slave wages. Oh, and then they have the nerve to say they're all about "job creation" after they put whole neighborhoods out of business and then re-hire the recently unemployed at half or a third of their former pay. Oh, and the fact that their wages are so low that the employees often qualify for food stamps and Medicaid means their "low low prices" are subsidized by the taxpayer every April 15th.

And this isnt the first time that Wal Mart management structured their "Black Friday" sales in such a way that riots ensue. I think they like seeing human beings shed their dignity and scurry around like rats in a garbage heap.

I haven't shopped at Wal Mart in over 7 years and thats not about the change in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Butterfly Mage; 30-Nov-2008 at 13:48. Reason: clarification

Wal-Mart also likes to force their suppliers to keep lowering their prices even if it forces them into bankruptcy. Wal-Mart becomes a suppliers number one customer and then threatens to stop ordering unless the supplier gives them a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindhca View Post
    Wal-Mart also likes to force their suppliers to keep lowering their prices even if it forces them into bankruptcy. Wal-Mart becomes a suppliers number one customer and then threatens to stop ordering unless the supplier gives them a lower price.
    That's why a lot of Chinese manufacturers are now structuring their business such that if Walmart makes such a demand, they can quickly and cheaply close up shop, no questions asked. If Walmart wants to keep the product in stock, they have no choice but to pay more.

But being trampled is nothing:
    Two People Dead In Toys "R" Us Shooting, Two Men Armed With Handguns Started Shooting At Each Other In Crowded Calif. Toy Store - CBS News
    These people shot each other to death over a toy.