Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby pants sizing question

Default Baby pants sizing question

Hello,
    I'm going to be ordering a onesie and cloth training pants from baby pants soon, but I'm not sure what size to get since the fabric isn't pre shrunk.

I wear a size 28 or 29 pants, and fit into Goodnites XL diapers snuggly.
    Should I get the medium in training pants to allow for shrinkage or hope the smalls don't shrink, I'm also a bit confused how to measure the onesie

Thanks everyone ^-^

For your onesie the torso measurement is the most important. Also your chest measurement. Your torso is measured from your crotch to your shoulder.
    You need to use a cloth tape measure to take these. You can find them at a fabric store or Wal Mart. I find that 96" one is the best to get. That way you
    can get a total torso measurement. Baby-pants has good size charts so you can determine your sizes. Plastic pants need to be usally 1 size larger than your
    diaper. Thigh measurements are the most important. Your thighs should fall into the middle of the range.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    For your onesie the torso measurement is the most important. Also your chest measurement. Your torso is measured from your crotch to your shoulder.
    You need to use a cloth tape measure to take these. You can find them at a fabric store or Wal Mart. I find that 96" one is the best to get. That way you
    can get a total torso measurement. Baby-pants has good size charts so you can determine your sizes. Plastic pants need to be usally 1 size larger than your
    diaper. Thigh measurements are the most important. Your thighs should fall into the middle of the range.
    Hmm, ok, do you know about the cloth training pants/diaper? I need to know if their gonna shrink too much. So whether to get a small or medium. I can get plastic pants in town.

I don't really have experience with traning pants so i can't say about shrinkage. I've got cloth AIO diapers and there's no shrinkage.

Hi there!
    I got my onesie from BP, and I love it. I am 6"1, and weigh 195. I ordered the large, and boy was it big! I washed it once, and it was still huge. So, I looked online and found out you can shrink them up to a size by boiling it. So, I boiled my onsie for about five minutes, and then dried it. The body now fits wonderfully, but the seat is still pretty big. However, when I use cloth diapers, it fits to a T. My first was a bodysuit from xpmedical, and the medium fit right out of the bag. I haven't tried my cloth diaper with it tho.
    Not sure about the pants...would love to hear how they do. Does their site mention shrinkage will occur with them?

Default Re: Baby pants sizing question

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedBoyJacob View Post
    Hmm, ok, do you know about the cloth training pants/diaper? I need to know if their gonna shrink too much. So whether to get a small or medium. I can get plastic pants in town.
    Yes they will have some sort of shrinkage that will occur. Not only that but they will become thicker, more absorbent and increase in capacity.

I know their onesies and cloth diapers do shrink for sure. Usually clothes tend to shrink during washing.

Also when you receive your items its highly recommended to wash and dry them 3 times prior to use.

If you're on the higher end of a size range, you'd probably want to upsize your order.

As Oleman has stated, its vital to properly measure yourself in all dimensions listed by the site. Measure your waist at your navel.

The site mentions that the cloth is NOT pre shrunk and will shrink 8-10% over 6-8 washings. I thought if I was careful and used cold water and hung dry i might be lucky, idk if I wanna take the chance though :/

I'd get the Medium and allow for the shrinkage. That's what I did. And it all worked out. I've got the training pants and a few of the onesies. They all shrank after the first washing. In my opinion, it's better to get larger now. That way when they do shrink they'll fit you better and you don't have to worry about them being too small.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedBoyJacob View Post
    Hello,
    I'm going to be ordering a onesie and cloth training pants from baby pants soon, but I'm not sure what size to get since the fabric isn't pre shrunk.

I wear a size 28 or 29 pants, and fit into Goodnites XL diapers snuggly.
    Should I get the medium in training pants to allow for shrinkage or hope the smalls don't shrink, I'm also a bit confused how to measure the onesie

Thanks everyone ^-^
    I'd get the Medium and allow for the shrinkage. That's what I did. And it all worked out. I've got the training pants and a few of the onesies. They all shrank after the first washing. In my opinion, it's better to get larger now. That way when they do shrink they'll fit you better and you don't have to worry about them being too small.

For the training pants: Measure yourself according to the site, find the closest size, then buy one size larger to account for the shrinkage. I made the silly mistake of not accounting for shrinkage when I ordered, and got to order a second time. D'oh! Anyway... The "My First" thickness is great -- very diapery.

I have a 32" waist and got the small training pants. They actually fit me well, except that they don't seem to come up high enough. I'm thinking of ordering a medium, hoping that it covers better without being loose.