Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Bombing

Default Boston Marathon Bombing

As some of you may know the finish line of the Boston marathon was bombed at 2:50pm local time. So far there have been two confirmed casualties and at least 22 injured. Two explosions occurred and the police detonated something suspicious shortly after responding to the scene. The National Guard, ATF, and FBI have all responded to the scene in addition to local law enforcement. Every police officer has been called in to respond. This race was being held in honor of the Newtown massacre victims.

2 killed as 2 bombs explode at Boston Marathon - SFGate

This totally sucks, thankfully only 2 people died with "2 huge explosions" as reported by CNN.

Great, while being on a marathon, which has been already held in honor for the victims of another massacre, you're getting bombed...

No information about who's behind it?

The explosions are "huge" to a layperson but were probably caused by small, portable IEDs according to the fbi. Nobody has claimed it yet though.

This should serve as another example that some a-hole doesn't need to possess a bag of fully loaded firearms to strike fear in the hearts of the sheeple. Most of the chemicals required to construct explosives are already on serious lockdown to the average person. Just watch and wait, in the next few days the perpetrator's mug will be shown at the Home Depot self-checkout along with copies of all his receipts for the materials. Since the past 10 years or so, anything anyone buys retail is recorded and captured on video. While it helps solve major crimes such as this, eventually more things become crimes and more reasons are needed to monitor what the public buys. Scary on both ends

I expect this case will be solved sooner, rather than later. Regardless of who is responsible, I fear the consequences for personal liberties and everyday life will be greater than the impact of the bombing itself.

Default Re: Boston Marathon Bombing

Its sad that this has happened, I have numerous family members in the Boston area. Due to these people, we'll continue to lose our rights of freedom due to these responsible. My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this cowardly attack.

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    This should serve as another example that some a-hole doesn't need to possess a bag of fully loaded firearms to strike fear in the hearts of the sheeple. Most of the chemicals required to construct explosives are already on serious lockdown to the average person. Just watch and wait, in the next few days the perpetrator's mug will be shown at the Home Depot self-checkout along with copies of all his receipts for the materials. Since the past 10 years or so, anything anyone buys retail is recorded and captured on video. While it helps solve major crimes such as this, eventually more things become crimes and more reasons are needed to monitor what the public buys. Scary on both ends
    And this post should server as another example of someone trying to politicize the event before ANYTHING other then bombs went off is known.

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    And this post should server as another example of someone trying to politicize the event before ANYTHING other then bombs went off is known.
    I have a hard time taking anyone who says "sheeple" seriously.

Early reports were that someone's been taken into custody, but apparently that's not the case:

Boston Marathon explosions: No one in custody | ksdk.com

What a terrifying day. My prayers are with the victims.