Thread: Hello All

Default Hello All

I am happy to find this forum. I am an Adult Baby and have been as long as I can remember - until the internet came along I thought I was the only one. For the past 20 years I have been a very quiet lurker on AB/DL websites and a listserv, maybe because I'm scared, now that I am "on the spot" I am not sure what to say.

I like to be a good boy as a baby and my dream is to be cared for by a loving and nurturing mommy. Since I don't have one (I've never even had a girlfriend, the AB part of me made that seem impossible) I have used professionals. I especially like wearing diapers and toddler boy baby clothes.

I am also a person with a disability, cerebral palsy, but was pretty independent until 8 years ago when I injured my spinal cord. Now I need help with all kinds of personal care and wear a condom catheter and a "brief" in case it falls off. I need to keep good boundaries with my PCAs and others and make it clear I don't need babying. I do see my pro mommy a few times a month who feeds and diapers me for parts of a day and sometime we go on vacation.

For those of you who watched TV twenty years ago, my username says a bit about the rest of me. I love the outdoors, spirituality, and a sense of comunity. I work at a university where I help out with research on the quality of life of people with disabilities and we work to make it better.

Well, that is (part of) my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernExposure View Post

Well, that is (part of) my story and I'm stickin' to it!
    Hi there NorthernExposure and welcome to ADISC! I'm so glad you got to discover you aren't alone! You seem like an interesting and fascinating invidual and I'm sure you are going to be a great new member to the site. I'm sorry if you still feel a little scared, but I think we all do at first. It's pretty scary, to talk about these stuff even among other AB's.. isn't it? That feeling like somehow you are still separated and different from them, that they'll find a reason to find you gross. I promise that I don't think that though, you seem pretty interesting.

I think your interests are awesome. I've been really trying to get outdoors more myself, and spirituality can be such a wonderful thing. I also love smaller towns, so I totally get the concept of the spirit of the community. Your work sounds really inspiring and wonderful, and I wish you the very best. I'm sorry you haven't felt that you could get a girlfriend, but I hope that perhaps you haven't given up hope for that and might find the courage to find someone special really soon. I'm sure you deserve someone like that.

I hope that your membership her is berry sweet, and you'll find plenty of reasons to sign on. I get the impression you'll be a great and noteworthy member in no time, if so.

That's quite the life you have going there, and I hope for nothing but the best in your future in finding someone to tend to your needs.

Hey there, welcome to ADISC!

I used to watch Northern Exposure years ago, and I think I still have the first couple of seasons floating around on DVD