Thread: Hello i am new!

Default Hello i am new!

Hello.
    I am new here..
    it took me time to make me an account on here. I guess my habit is kind of a taboo. Ever since i can remember i always liked playing with pacifiers, me and my friends would collect different pacifiers. As i turned into a teenager i kind of put this aside, but after having a child, that did not want to use his pacifiers i find myself using them to relax, and cope with the stress after work!.
    I am not into the role playing or act like a baby, neither use diapers and stuff. BUT i totally respect people that do it. For me this is more a tool that help me relax when i am all by myself.

Any questions feel free to ask

Quote Originally Posted by mdg91 View Post
    Hello.
    I am new here..
    it took me time to make me an account on here. I guess my habit is kind of a taboo. Ever since i can remember i always liked playing with pacifiers, me and my friends would collect different pacifiers. As i turned into a teenager i kind of put this aside, but after having a child, that did not want to use his pacifiers i find myself using them to relax, and cope with the stress after work!.
    I am not into the role playing or act like a baby, neither use diapers and stuff. BUT i totally respect people that do it. For me this is more a tool that help me relax when i am all by myself.

Any questions feel free to ask
    Hey, it's great to meet you! This site is for everyone, as long as you can be accepting of others (which you can, because you said so yourself! ), even people who just use pacifiers to relax, or even people not into ANYthing to do with this, like myself!

Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself so we can get to know you better! I suppose having a kid you don't have much downtime, but if you've got any hobbies I'd love to hear what you're into!

I'm a bit of a bookworm myself, but I've been trying to get out and do more exercise recently

Welcome!

Hello mdp.

I am a pacifier user too, and I am neither a diaper user or AB. I sleep with a pacifier in periods of my life and then lose the need for a while. Some periods lasts months, others only a few days. The breaks may last for years. As a child I used a pacifier very late, and I started again as a teenager. As you, I find it relaxing and helps me to overcome anxieties and state of depression.

Over time I have come from total taboo to selfacceptance and I now consider it to be private thing instead of a secret thing that I sleep with a pacifier. I am married, and my wife knows that it does good for my mental health, so she accepts it. But she doesn't really like it. :-)

How reason is your rediscovery of the joys of the pacifier? Are you comfortable about your habit? Does your son knows, that his mother stole his pacifiers? :-)

Yours
    Thomas
    Last edited by tomahawk; 15-Apr-2013 at 14:09. Reason: missing words

The pacifier has been an on and off thing here too!. As a infant i was thumbsucker, but got weaned of early. As i started daycare at age 2 1/2 i started using a pacifier because alot of the other children had one! I do not remember when the paci got taken away.
    Anyway my sister was a thumbsucker and did not stop thumbsucking before she where in high school, she also used to collect pacifiers, she did not use them, but liked to collect them. When she stopped collecting, i took over the collections, and found it very comforting using one.

The reason i started using it after my teenage years, is because snoring problems, and problem breathing through my nose. I had several nose surgeries, and sinus surgeries (no plastic/cosmetic) to clear up my nose. The pacifier make me have to breath through my nose, and to "learn" me how to breath with my nose while asleep.

My son used a pacifier for 2 months, he also found some comfort sucking his thumb bur only the first months.

Nobody know about the pacifier, my son never seen it. Its my private little thing. It feels good at night having it, than again just thinking of it at day time make me so ashamed!

Hi there MDG91. It's great to have you around. I certainly saw lots of talking about pacifiers. They are great. Really calms my nerves to stick one in my mouth and let my mind focus on something simple, repetitive, and soothing. It's also super cute!

Thanks for being supportive, caring, and understanding already. I'm sure you are going to make a great member, and it's always wonderful to have another viewpoint on things and another type of person around here.

i do not know if my two friends still collect, i doubt it. But htink my one friend got the whole collection in her addict

- - - Updated - - -

i do not know if my two friends still collect, i doubt it. But htink my one friend got the whole collection in her addict

Hello mdg.

You should not be ashamed, it is a habit that helps you in many ways. I know, it is not easy to let go of the shame, and I spend many years of my life working with my feelings. As I stated above, I am at a place where I can say to myself: It is how I am, and I have benefits from sleeping with a pacifier. I don't tell people about it, but that is not because it is wrong, it is because it is private. But it has not always been like that. I couldn't pronounce the word "pacifier" among people, I could not even look at myself in the mirror with the pacifier in my mouth.

Using a pacifier as a remedy to stop snoring does make sense. I am not a snorer, but I know that snoring happens when then tong drops down into the throat, and the suction would pull the tong up to the front of the mouth.

Nice to meet you and welcome again here.

Yours
    Thomas

professorbock

Welcome mdg91. Thank you for being open and honest about how you cope with stress.

Your relaxation method, I must say, is much healthier than what many adults usually turn to in bad times, such as alcohol or illegal drugs.

We'd love to hear from a non-ABDL perspective here. Thank you for the love and support! I look forward to reading what you contribute. Feel free to ask questions and have a look around.

Best wishes.