Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wore a tail in public

Default I wore a tail in public

A few conventions ago I acquired a fox tail. It matches my hair and eye color perfectly. When I wear it, it appears to the outside observer as if it could physically be a part of me, though that obviously isn't possible.

Occasionally, when the atmosphere is right, and I feel like having a bit of fun, I'll go out wearing it. I typically only use it at things like conventions or gatherings of similar spirit. Yesterday, I wore it to the cherry blossom festival.

All I have ever received are 100% positive responses. The worst I would ever get would be a "look mommy, that boy has a tail", but even those were mostly said with interest, and I actually would get people asking me where I got it, or just purely positive commentary (either direct or in passing). I didn't encounter a single hater. Though I did scare the shit out of my one friend. He didn't know I had a tail on, and when I turned around, it looked real. He was surprised, but thought it was kind of funny.

I am pleased. In general this just seems like something that is harmless and fun. I don't really consider myself a furry, but must admit that I don't mind adding a little bit to my esthetic. Do you often wear tails or ears in public (not full on fur suits or costumes)? If so, what type of attention do you attract, if any?

I do not consider my self a Furry but i wear hats with ears. they are my favorite. I get a few stares but my body language normal keeps people in their place. (i'm not big but if you carry yourself with confidence the masses are less likely to bug you.) The worst i got was a co-worker scratching behind one of the ears. I do not like being touched.

Link to hat place: Mrawp Shop

I had my tail on for the entire con. Went to Meijer 3 times to get stuff, as well as 2 restaurants. I wore my tail to red lobster last night when me and some other convention goers decided we were hungry..... lol this little girl came up to me and asked If it was real and if she could pet it, as I was gently swinging it back and forth while we were waiting to be seated. There were also 3 cute college girls that saw me out in the parking lot with my friends who complimented me about it! Chicks dig the tail.....

Man, chicks always dig tail... ( oh sorry ladies, that's a tad misogynist... I'm not really like that)

Default Re: I wore a tail in public

*laughs uncontrollably*

Quote Originally Posted by DeftLeppard View Post
    I had my tail on for the entire con. Went to Meijer 3 times to get stuff, as well as 2 restaurants. I wore my tail to red lobster last night when me and some other convention goers decided we were hungry..... lol this little girl came up to me and asked If it was real and if she could pet it, as I was gently swinging it back and forth while we were waiting to be seated. There were also 3 cute college girls that saw me out in the parking lot with my friends who complimented me about it! Chicks dig the tail.....
    Awesome, and those anecdotes are hilarious. What convention, not the one I mentioned was it?

I will always wear my tail around on special occasions, like on my birthday or halloween. Never received any negative comments, at least not to my face. I've got a yarn tail, which are fantastic as they look incredibly real, they even sway when you walk. Prefer them over polyfil any day. At cons I wear to walmart or any restaurants we go to, even worn in petsmart once. I had one lady at Ihop ask to touch it, compliment how neat it was and even said she would stop by the con to check it out.

I figure life is short, live it how you want.

Haha...yeah, everyone likes a little tail....! At my junior high school, a lot of the kids were the various animal hats. I have a dog hat and the side pieces have paws and you can put your hands in them. I haven't worn it out in public yet, but I'm planning on wearing it when our school has "Hat Day". That's when the kids wear their animal hats.

If you watched American Idol two seasons ago, there was a very good male singer who wore a tail in some of the earlier competition. He went almost to the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PacifiedByKnowledge View Post
    Awesome, and those anecdotes are hilarious. What convention, not the one I mentioned was it?
    I was at Furry Connection North this weekend... Just got home last night. It was one hell of a convention!