View Poll Results: What is your age/development stage?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-24 months

6 6.25%
  • 1 year old

7 7.29%
  • 2 years old

18 18.75%
  • 3 or 4 years old

26 27.08%
  • 5 or 6 years old

17 17.71%
  • 7 or 8 years old

8 8.33%
  • 9 or 10 years old

4 4.17%
  • 11 or 12 years old

2 2.08%
  • 13 + years old (teenager)

3 3.13%
  • Adult (my current age)

5 5.21%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What age/development stage do you identify with?

Default What age/development stage do you identify with?

In response to a post by Soul93 about feeling more like a kid than an baby I thought it would be interesting to run a poll to get some feedback from the community about what age/development stage they see themselves as being. I added the stage bit in there to try and age an idea of what features of babyhood people associate with.

Hopefully this will be applicable for everyone on here and not just AB's so it would be interesting to get a cross section of views.

The stages and ages are as follows:
    • 0-24m - No language and only simple grasping motor skills.
    • 1 yr old - (toddler) Some basic language but not generally understood (25-50% intelligible). Can crawl skilfully and stand but only short walks with much falling. Likely to start potty training
    • 2 yrs old - language up to 70% but not proper sentences. Can walk but not alternating feet on stairs. Will normally be potty trained but still wet the bed
    • 3 & 4 yr olds - developing significantly with language and motor skills developing. Bedwetting likely to continue until the end of this period
    • 5 & 6 yr olds - Starting school age. Still likely to cry often. May wet the bed. More social interaction.
    • 7 & 8 yr olds - Occasional crying. Developing friends. Very energetic.
    • 9 & 10 yr olds - Developed friends and increasing learning and ability to take on challenges.
    • 11 & 12 yr olds - Can be very intelligent and cunning. Likely to be in clubs and meeting friends out of school.
    • 13+ (Teenagers) - Grumpy...
    • Adult (My Current Age) - Including Diapers

I've drawn up this list of development stages from the internet (yay google!) and based on my own experiences and they will certainly differ significantly from person to person.

Similarly it may be that you see yourself as being of one age but with lower levels of abilities in which case go for the age and post your comments please.

Hopefully this will be an interesting set of results and give some idea of what the "baby" in adult baby actually means.

somtimes i like to play a helpless baby and other times i like to ba a playfull toddler but i mostley identify my self as a 3 year old so i will say 0-5

This is an interesting poll, and while I guess this question has been posed in many and varied posts, it did cause me to jump on the search engine and reflect on typical developmental characteristics. And so I have declared my AB age as two, though I recognize that at times during regression this may vary up or down by a year depending, I think, on environment and mood. Something which struck me as interesting, was reading about typical developmental characteristics of toddlers and identifying these as firm traits in my 'supposed' mature adult self...wow! I hadn't thought of that one. Distilled down, these traits are no more than highly practiced and somewhat refined toddler behaviours. Perhaps that could be said of many aspects of ourselves, but certainly, if there is some stagnation in aspects of the psychological development in ABs then there could be something in that. What struck me most strongly was preference....now I am an artist, and while I am quite a capable drawer and enjoy the success of completing a well constructed piece, my preference is very definately for engagement with materials and immersing myself in the pleasure of the art making process simply pushing materials around to discover their properties. As a mature artist, this may be considered serious analytical investigation of the medium....yeah, whatever! I honestly know this to be play...pure and simple play.... does it achieve a good result.. he'll yeah... but I've been doin this for ages. what is interesting to me, is that this is so typically toddler, just cleverly disguised. Other characteristics or traits that are very obvious to me, reveal themselves in my adult person most clearly when I am emotionally vulnerable.... yes, tantrums, sulks, withdrawal, seeking comforts, apprehension. It sometimes makes me wonder how I cope with normal adult issues at all sometimes, I just do...although it does take a toll on me I think.

Phew.... I always feel well phew.....after a a rave. I'm off to find some play space.....hey forum fun!

I guess I've never identified as a baby age. I'm 19. I just use baby stuff for comfort, I don't typically live this lifestyle "full on" all the time

Quote Originally Posted by pgfdp View Post
    I guess I've never identified as a baby age. I'm 19. I just use baby stuff for comfort, I don't typically live this lifestyle "full on" all the time
    Hey, me neither....only, ask yourself this....why do you choose to use baby stuff for comfort....what's going on inside that drives that need? could it be that you need to identify with a particular developmental stage. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Hey, me neither....only, ask yourself this....why do you choose to use baby stuff for comfort....what's going on inside that drives that need? could it be that you need to identify with a particular developmental stage. just saying.
    PTSD. I went through a house fire at 5 and some sexual abuse at age 13 that kinda messed me up and I regressed at those times and the baby thing somehow became a comfort. I couldn't see myself living the lifestyle full on- just a diaper, sippy cup/bottle and paci here and there is great

When I roleplay, i am usually 1 year old all around, though out roleplay and with just regular chatting i am 1 year for physical actions and i dunno what with speaking XD probably 8

Quote Originally Posted by pgfdp View Post
    PTSD. I went through a house fire at 5 and some sexual abuse at age 13 that kinda messed me up and I regressed at those times and the baby thing somehow became a comfort. I couldn't see myself living the lifestyle full on- just a diaper, sippy cup/bottle and paci here and there is great
    I really don't think it's about wanting to live the lifestyle full on as you say, in fact I think hardly any of us do that... for most it's part of who we are and how we cope with stuff... kinda like you I guess... the thing here is that the way we have, for whatever reason, chosen regression as the coping mechanism, beckons the question why??? I think it's awesome that you were able to find some way of easing the trauma of those awful incidents in your life, and I hope you are learning to come to terms with them.

3-4 fits perfectly, otherwise i couldn't be the meany I like to be ^_^

Although the phase of defiance would be at 2 years...