In response to a post by Soul93 about feeling more like a kid than an baby I thought it would be interesting to run a poll to get some feedback from the community about what age/development stage they see themselves as being. I added the stage bit in there to try and age an idea of what features of babyhood people associate with.
Hopefully this will be applicable for everyone on here and not just AB's so it would be interesting to get a cross section of views.
The stages and ages are as follows:
- 0-24m - No language and only simple grasping motor skills.
- 1 yr old - (toddler) Some basic language but not generally understood (25-50% intelligible). Can crawl skilfully and stand but only short walks with much falling. Likely to start potty training
- 2 yrs old - language up to 70% but not proper sentences. Can walk but not alternating feet on stairs. Will normally be potty trained but still wet the bed
- 3 & 4 yr olds - developing significantly with language and motor skills developing. Bedwetting likely to continue until the end of this period
- 5 & 6 yr olds - Starting school age. Still likely to cry often. May wet the bed. More social interaction.
- 7 & 8 yr olds - Occasional crying. Developing friends. Very energetic.
- 9 & 10 yr olds - Developed friends and increasing learning and ability to take on challenges.
- 11 & 12 yr olds - Can be very intelligent and cunning. Likely to be in clubs and meeting friends out of school.
- 13+ (Teenagers) - Grumpy...
- Adult (My Current Age) - Including Diapers
I've drawn up this list of development stages from the internet (yay google!) and based on my own experiences and they will certainly differ significantly from person to person.
Similarly it may be that you see yourself as being of one age but with lower levels of abilities in which case go for the age and post your comments please.
Hopefully this will be an interesting set of results and give some idea of what the "baby" in adult baby actually means.