Thread: New and conflicted

Default New and conflicted

1) Hello! Who are you?
    This is a new username for me (i followed the username guide suggestions), but for now LMW is a good nickname.

The easiest way to explain myself is to say that I'm quite socially inept even on the internet. I'm a low ranking soldier. I'm hoping to find a way to stop hating myself. This site has showed up a couple of times while i researched these things on Google.

2) What brings you here?

The hopes of feeling normal. i have an interest in diapers but i really don't want to talk about it that much. The only part i don't shun or feel bad about is my paci.

3 What are your other interests?

I play video games, mainly Minecraft. I'm looking to get into Airsoft, And I play Table Top Role playing games (TTRPGs), such as pathfinder, or D&D. I also enjoy the occasional game of bowling.
    For the most part I'm a home body

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

Find support, and have people to talk about this kind of thing, but also be able to talk about other things as well. The Abdls i know on other sites are far too fixated on that one aspect of life. it's off putting to never be able to have a normal conversation with them.

Welcome and I admire your courage to join and learn.

Now, I suspect it's not the social blindness giving you all of the self-hating feelings. I've struggled with relating to others myself nearly my entire life though a major special interest of mine can usually camouflage me to others as the 'eccentric guru' type, and being able to talk about the interest with them helps put me 'in the zone'. It doesn't necessarily translate to success with the ladies however! (I'm a 1-partner guy anyway) TMI? Maybe, who really cares?

Anyway bowling is one of those activities I always promise myself I'm going to start doing again, usually after someone invites me which is about every 5 years.
    Airsoft I haven't done myself but I say GO for it if it helps get yourself outside. I tend to spend a lot of time close to home but I can only stand so much time behind 4 walls, so I am outdoors quite a bit.

Anyway, I like how your post is succinct; to the point and how it spells out what brings you here. I spend a fair amount of time in recovery circles and the common phrase anyone hears there is: "Normal is only a setting on the washing machine" - meaning everyone has their quirks. Ours here just happen to be a bit more strange and inexplicable to outsiders but it doesn't make anyone less of a person.

I'm always up for a conversation or message, after your user status gets upgraded you can send PMs

Welcome again