Thread: Forgein Diaper Companies

Default Forgein Diaper Companies

Have you guys heard/tried of these companies? They are owned by Huggies/Kimberly Clark
    Kleen Bebe (Mexico)
    Bienvenida a Kleenbebé®

Peaudouce (France)
    Peaudouce

Snugglers (Australia/New Zealand)
    Snugglers® Australia

And also, what about International Huggies (And Pull-Ups/Goodnites)? I've heard that they're different than ones in America.

Quote Originally Posted by RappinRon84 View Post
    Have you guys heard/tried of these companies?
    Peaudouce (France)
    Peaudouce
    oui!
    they used to be one of the big players in the UK dispie market, but seemed to go quiet, to be overtaken by Huggies and Pampers.
    they also made Slipad, for youths up, which i used to buy regularly.
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...ml#post1040377

There was also a company called Poise - they might have been something to do with one of the big names.

professorbock

Hi, RappinRon84. Yes, I remember those companies.

I also remember legendary European companies like Libero. And let's not forget about popular Japanese brands such as the famous MamyPoko from Unicharm, which underwent a new design back in January.

All great products built for vastly different markets, and advertised with much different cultural attitudes.

I find the European style of advertising the most creative and attention-grabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by professorbock View Post
    Hi, RappinRon84. Yes, I remember those companies.

I also remember legendary European companies like Libero.
    Very pleased to confirm Libero are still representing in this scene in Europe.. First to drop a size 7 product here,(that I am aware of) not that they are much bigger than other size 6 products on market... Libero are one of the brands from the Swedish SCA group, who also make the wonderful European Tena products.

Korean have their own.
    You can see their original designed Huggies here, and Goodnites here.

They are available in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and some other Asian countries except Japan. There is no Huggies available in my country.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pru_img21_02.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	16746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koreangoodnites_m.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	16744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koreangoodnites_l.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	16745

They are sooooo cute!!
    Last edited by staple0987; 19-Apr-2013 at 08:19.

Quote Originally Posted by staple0987 View Post
    In Japan, there is no Huggies available. But Korean have their own.
    You can see their original designed Huggies here, and Goodnites here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pru_img21_02.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	16746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koreangoodnites_m.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	16744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koreangoodnites_l.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	16745

They are sooooo cute!!
    a lot cuter than what we have here. I wonder how different cultures view the use of diapers at older ages vs here in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by RappinRon84 View Post
    Snugglers (Australia/New Zealand)
    Snugglers® Australia
    I had to do a double-take upon reading this. I haven't heard of the Snugglers brand in quite some time; half a decade at least. Some years ago they used to be the main competition to Huggies in Australia, and were just as ubiquitous. But I guess they were bought out. They were typically the inexpensive bulk-buy diapers coming in cartons rather than packages, and from what I remember they were thinner and were aesthetically cheaper-looking too. Couldn't comment on performance.

The website seems to state they've been relegated to a few minor outlets around the country, which isn't unusual when a brand gets bought out by their competition. I wonder why Kimberley-Clark decided to keep them around...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    oui!
    they [Peaudeuce] used to be one of the big players in the UK dispie market, but seemed to go quiet, to be overtaken by Huggies and Pampers.
    they also made Slipad, for youths up, which i used to buy regularly.
    Yeah -- I remember the TV adverts with Bill Oddie doing the voiceover... which I thought was a bit weird (seeing as he has a distinctive voice and is best know for his interests in ornithology and nature).

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    [Asian Goodnites are] a lot cuter than what we have here. I wonder how different cultures view the use of diapers at older ages vs here in the US?
    In Japan (and maybe other Asian countries), the concept of Kawaii (cuteness) means that cute things are considered more socially acceptable/unremarkable than in the West.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawaii

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Yeah -- I remember the TV adverts with Bill Oddie doing the voiceover... which I thought was a bit weird (seeing as he has a distinctive voice and is best know for his interests in ornithology and nature).

In Japan (and maybe other Asian countries), the concept of Kawaii (cuteness) means that cute things are considered more socially acceptable/unremarkable than in the West.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawaii
    very cool. learn something new every day. I have also decided I hate the mobile version of Wikipedia. cut off portion and drop down menus which wont open. any ways, I can see how diapers might be more accepted in a country like Japan and maybe why even brands for older users are quite kawaii.