Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anorexia and AB/DLís?

Default Anorexia and AB/DLís?

I watch a lot of documentaries on cooking food and eating disorders like supersize vs superskinny its kind of my thing I work in the catering industry so I know a lot about food plus I’m really into healthy eating and fitness, anyway I’ve been at both ends of the unhealthy scale I lost a lot of weight when I was age 14-15 was kind of obese but I got obsessed with calorie counting and the thrill of losing them pounds and I still do it today, and have made myself very ill from under eating what I know now was not right, I have dealt with my problems and I like to maintain a fit and healthy body and sometimes like enjoy the thought of being the skinniest I can be.
    Anyway what I was getting at was I watched this one episode where it follows a group of anorexic people and it talks about the mind set some people with eating disorders have that they are afraid of growing up and wish to stay in their child like body to not have the stress or commitments of the real world sounds familiar? Could this also relate to AB/DL’s in the fact that we don’t want to grow up and find it safe acting like kids and baby’s,
    is there AB/DL that are fighting or are anorexic or like me try and maintain a slim body to stay young from fear of growing up? I may be totally off with all of this but I thought I would share this with the community and see what you people think?
    What I’m talking about is mentioned in this episode of supersize vs superskinny if you don’t want to watch it all the part I’m on about is at (27:15 to 28:12) minutes in.

Supersize vs Superskinny Season 3 Ep 6 Full channel 4 - YouTube

I don't know and for the majority i think not, to be honest.
    Surely a lot of AB/DL want to stay in a good shape generally, but the biggest reasons are to fit actually into cute dresses and some diapers like goodnights & underjams.
    And wouldn't it be kinda contradictory, since kids still got baby-fat?

It's a difference, i think, between not wanting to grow up and taking responsibility for yourself, and "being" your inner child, sometimes ;).

Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    I don't know and for the majority i think not, to be honest.
    Surely a lot of AB/DL want to stay in a good shape generally, but the biggest reasons are to fit actually into cute dresses and some diapers like goodnights & underjams.
    And wouldn't it be kinda contradictory, since kids still got baby-fat?

It's a difference, i think, between not wanting to grow up and taking responsibility for yourself, and "being" your inner child, sometimes .
    yes in real scene you will never be younger by starving yourself but what i mean was to fit into kids sizes and to stay child like in a way.

I don't intend this as 'nit-picking'...but, I shall like to point out (a common misrepresentation in the media)...I believe that you are speaking of anorexia-nervosa...I am anorexic (non-nervosa)...anorexia is basically...thin to an unhealthy level...the nervosa, is a psychological-cause.
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    I don't intend this as 'nit-picking'...but, I shall like to point out (a common misrepresentation in the media)...I believe that you are speaking of anorexia-nervosa...I am anorexic (non-nervosa)...anorexia is basically...thin to an unhealthy level...the nervosa, is a psychological-cause.
    -Marka
    Actually anorexia comes from the latin words ano (lack of) rhexis ( eating) so as in if you do not eat often or have the urges to eat you are anorexic by definition, regardless the cause. Nervosa refers to a neuroses which is another word for psychological disorder. You can be anorexic but not have anorexia nervosa. It has nothing to do with body weight and everything to do with eating habits.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_(symptom)

I watch a lot of documentaries on cooking food and eating disorders like supersize vs superskinny its kind of my thing I work in the catering industry so I know a lot about food plus Iím really into healthy eating and fitness, anyway Iíve been at both ends of the unhealthy scale I lost a lot of weight when I was age 14-15 was kind of obese but I got obsessed with calorie counting and the thrill of losing them pounds and I still do it today, and have made myself very ill from under eating what I know now was not right, I have dealt with my problems and I like to maintain a fit and healthy body and sometimes like enjoy the thought of being the skinniest I can be.
    Anyway what I was getting at was I watched this one episode where it follows a group of anorexic people and it talks about the mind set some people with eating disorders have that they are afraid of growing up and wish to stay in their child like body to not have the stress or commitments of the real world sounds familiar? Could this also relate to AB/DLís in the fact that we donít want to grow up and find it safe acting like kids and babyís,
    is there AB/DL that are fighting or are anorexic or like me try and maintain a slim body to stay young from fear of growing up? I may be totally off with all of this but I thought I would share this with the community and see what you people think?
    What Iím talking about is mentioned in this episode of supersize vs superskinny if you donít want to watch it all the part Iím on about is at (27:15 to 28:12) minutes in.
    Yeah, it is actually very strongly linked to not wanting to grow up.

When I took a course in med school on eating disorders and when we were working directly with psychiatrists and psychotherapists, we had a lot of cases where the mere source of the psychological aspects of the disorder were VERY STRONGLY linked to the patients subsconscious defense to growing up. For example, though this might be a bit freudian in theory, the patient was strongly linked to the mother and felt hatred towards her, the only defense she could have against becoming like her mother was to attempt to halt growing up. We had many patients with this very classic background.

Consider the side effects of this eating disorder. You become very thin, lose your feminin shape, you lose your period (Sort of the key sign of woman hood), you become quite flat chested, all things related to looking like a child. The connections are quite strong.

I think you make a plausible case for it, though the Freudian spin is interesting, but maybe over inflated. The other side of the coin is us guys. I know I never wanted to grow up, and I've kept my weight down. I do like to eat however, and I'm blessed with a high metabolism which helps. But even in my case, I want my weight under control for those very reasons of wanting to stay my little self, even at my age of 65. It's all in the mind I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think you make a plausible case for it, though the Freudian spin is interesting, but maybe over inflated. The other side of the coin is us guys. I know I never wanted to grow up, and I've kept my weight down. I do like to eat however, and I'm blessed with a high metabolism which helps. But even in my case, I want my weight under control for those very reasons of wanting to stay my little self, even at my age of 65. It's all in the mind I suppose.
    Umm. This is mostly linked to females though. I'd say with guys who have anorexia, the dynamics are quite different. I don't think all Anorexics are ABDLs but some ABDLs might be anorexic.

Plus consider, with men there aren't as many strong changes that make him a man other than erections and pubes. The solution to that is simply shaving and well...using a diaper. XD

Could this also relate to AB/DL’s in the fact that we don’t want to grow up and find it safe acting like kids and baby’s,
    is there AB/DL that are fighting or are anorexic or like me try and maintain a slim body to stay young from fear of growing up?
    There's some plausible thinking perhaps in the "fear of growing up department" but I strongly disagree about the slim body aspect. AND it would only apply to the strong leaning AB people here, not the Dl's. And this dosen't affect men as bad as it does women. I would look further into that fear-of-growing-up part rather than focusing on the Anorexia Nervosa. There's probably some literature maybe. There's not enough evidence, anecdotal at least here and elsewhere I've been, to forward that assertion. Granted everyone wants to try and fit in size 6, but gotta keep expectations a little more realistic than that haha.

I may be totally off with all of this but I thought I would share this with the community and see what you people think?
    Right train of thought, wrong track to be for sure. But I get where your're coming from.

I have a small waistline and I actually wish to put on a few but I have a lightning fast metabolism. I can fit into pullups but they are a bit a stretch and it don't fit it actual baby diapers. I see the reasoning behind why the want to fit into small things but dieting I think is the safe way to keep it off.

I have been battling an eating disorder on and off for several years but i never linked it to being an AB....