Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another MegaMan cancellation

Default Yet another MegaMan cancellation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=noUsi9Dc3L4
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/9/4179...averick-hunter
    At this point I've given up hope in getting a new MegaMan game from Capcom (or is it Crapcom? :P). What about you guys? What are your thoughts on all this?

I'll be honest: "MegaMan" and "FPS" together always seemed unlikely to yield anything interesting, so I can't say that I'm all that disappointed. The article compares it to Metroid Prime, but the Metroid series was always something more than just a shooter. It was a puzzle/exploration type of game from the get-go more than it was a shooter. MegaMan has always been a shooter, so adding a third dimension just seems so... yeah. *yawn* Personally, I'd rather have a 2.5D remake of the original pre-X series a la Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    ersonally, I'd rather have a 2.5D remake of the original pre-X series a la Bionic Commando: Rearmed.
    MegaMan: Powered Up, MegaMan: Maverick Hunter X. Both on the PSP, both great remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BraddyPoniTaku View Post
    MegaMan: Powered Up, MegaMan: Maverick Hunter X. Both on the PSP, both great remakes.
    But on the PSP. :P I ain't takin' that bait! (And I've been tempted before -- all the Capcom arcade ports like Strider.)

I loved the old megaman games on the gameboy advance sp. I even completed some of them but they were actually quite hard to win. I did have a few tantrums and throw my gamboy when i died or couldn't do a bit on it lol.

To be honest with you i had completely forgotten about mega man. But it was one of my favorite gameboy games other than the Pokemon games.

I really hope they do make another one. If its a good game people will buy it, its that simple. If its rubbish it will get thrown aside in the trash with the other rubbish games.
    Last edited by tennismad; 12-Apr-2013 at 10:38. Reason: spelling errors

But on the PSP. :P I ain't takin' that bait! (And I've been tempted before -- all the Capcom arcade ports like Strider.)
    Believe me, they are REALLY good, Maverick Hunter X is the better of the two since it expands on the original game and even adds an additional game mode into it.

Pfffff crapcom, as already mentioned in the article, for every successful Jak 2 and Tomb Raider, there's a Bomberman Act Zero, Shadow the Hedgehog or Prince of Persia: Warrior Within lurking (and moping) in the shadows.
    Happens from time to time, let's hope they're learning from their mistakes, hopefully.

If you like these games, i'd go for the PSP, besides the fact that it's a handheld, sadly. And the PSP ain't that expensive anymore.
    Furthermore there a lot of other great ports from the psone and ps2 era ^_^!

THQ goes under, EA is next, and I bet Capcom will be the next to fall. In all honesty, I'd rather have a ton of classic Megaman games to go back and play than be teased with new ones that get cancelled at the height of anticipation and I don't wanna deal with a company that essentially stopped caring around the time RE5 came out. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLilyLuna View Post
    THQ goes under, EA is next, and I bet Capcom will be the next to fall. In all honesty, I'd rather have a ton of classic Megaman games to go back and play than be teased with new ones that get cancelled at the height of anticipation and I don't wanna deal with a company that essentially stopped caring around the time RE5 came out. Good riddance.
    Yeah I am with you, I wish Capcom and some others would look into a model square enix is now supporting where they are porting over old games from past system to pc, phones, tablets etc... and not in the cheesey emulator style but actually taking time to fix bugs and make the games work correctly on the platform. My hope is that square enix will use this model to create new games in the old style for these platforms their are crazy long wildy expansive games out there and their seem to be shortage of games that you can just pick up and play and stop playing at will with out consequences to the game. I hope to see something like this for capcom and all developers bringing back some of the classic pick up and go gaming experiences. Some games that I think did this well are consider sacrilege by many of the gaming community, successful games like fruit ninja, angry birds, bubble pop etc... . These games while not having much if any backstory allow for that causal gaming experience where every character does need an entire life story, and only needs to entertain you for few minutes at a time. SHort of it is we have a lot of beautifully animated epic length games that try to be the gone with the wind of their genre and not enough games that you can just pick up and play and then walk a from in a few minutes.

It's probably a good thing this abomination was canceled. We do not need yet another first person shooter, and it should never be crossed with MegaMan. I could only imagine the edginess this title would contain.