Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Willing to get news from another source

Default Willing to get news from another source

So I've decided to open the door and let another source tell me whats going on in the world and the continuous odd events of Washington. What do people here suggest? Before you recommend, consider the following:

• That the source not slash Republicans over and over again
    • Consider Obamas every move to be like the Midas touch
    • And scare viewers from using common sense

Other than that, suggest away*

*I'm not going to stop watching Fox News.

CSPAN...there's 3 CSPAN's to choose from too, all of them good

Quote Originally Posted by Fingon View Post
    CSPAN...there's 3 CSPAN's to choose from too, all of them good
    I'll try that. I actually got the umph to go on CNNs website today and check out some of the videos, like a Ben Carson interview on State of the Union. But I saw a video where a panel starting slicing and dicing the GOP over Gay Marriage, thats was a immediate turnoff to me.

You'll find a lot more partisanship and vitriol on CNN, whereas I have yet to see any on CSPAN. CSPAN is practically vulkan, and I hear wiki-news is too. There's almost no emotional commentary on CSPAN panels, its pretty much all practical analysis of the issue at hand. Plus they are the one's who cover the House and Senate, so you can watch full debates from within the Senate or House without interruption or mindless commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingon View Post
    You'll find a lot more partisanship and vitriol on CNN, whereas I have yet to see any on CSPAN. CSPAN is practically vulkan, and I hear wiki-news is too. There's almost no emotional commentary on CSPAN panels, its pretty much all practical analysis of the issue at hand. Plus they are the one's who cover the House and Senate, so you can watch full debates from within the Senate or House without interruption or mindless commentary.
    Yeah I noticed that. It's like they just film inside the House and Senate and thats all. I'll keep CSPAN in mind while if I want to be entertained and get a fix of politics I'll watch Hannity or PowerPlay.

you can go to the CSPAN website and see their schedule for the day. Generally the House and Senate are up usually when their is a known debate or vote about to happen. Otherwise they do interviews, panels, and a couple news hours where they just go over current events. They recently did an interview with General McChrystal about a broad range of topics that I found to be one of the most fascinating things I've seen on non-fiction television. I was glued to the TV every moment he spoke, because every question needed a pretty in depth response.

Countdown

I go to Google News, which links from a variety of sources.

new2inc

Default Re: Willing to get news from another source

I use BBC and Al Jazeera for the reasons you stated. Too sick of media bias and narrow viewpoints.

Question: Is The Wall Street Journal right or left? I've heard from my Uncle it leans right but I don't know....

- - - Updated - - -

Question: Is The Wall Street Journal right or left? I've heard from my Uncle it leans right but I don't know....