Thread: Any other ballplayers? I mean, softball or baseball?

Default Any other ballplayers? I mean, softball or baseball?

I was wondering if there were any other ballplayers here on ADISC. I can't play anymore BUT I might be coaching this summer for a friend of mine's team run through the businesses he owns. I was recently asked to help out with the team since I can't play as well as I used to due to physical disabilities.

So, I was wondering if anyone else is playing ball this spring, summer or whatever, whether it be softball or baseball.

As for me, I'm looking forward to being back in the dugout for the first time in two years and being back on the ball field.

WildThing121675

I'm a baseball fan and have played (rather poorly) little league and I really got into softball for awhile later on. Loved it! When my son came along, he played t-ball and I assisted as I could and then when he was in the 7-8 year old coach-pitch league, I was the coach. I had a lot of fun, but it was also a lot of work. Some of the parents wanted to run the team their way and I didn't always get a lot of help. Are you coaching adults or little leaguers?

I used to play as a kid and in High School. Played intramural softball in college too.

It will be a team of adults; not kids. I am looking forward to it. In 2011; I coached first base for a friend of mine's team but due to scheduling they were unable to schedule a team later in the season or even during the 2012 season.

I am looking forward to being back on the field.

WildThing121675

I used to coach 3rd base for my softball teams (while playing) it's a good job and I hope someday I can help my kid's teams by doing the same. (or 1st base, or be a bench coach)