Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are going to wear diapers as an adult, adult?

Default How many of you are going to wear diapers as an adult, adult?

Okay, so I am about to open a topic that I would really like some feedback and honest responses.

I hope by posting this thread it may create some positive introspection about the "generation" or "age" gap between our younger adult and older adult members.

-- Let me first start by asking, how many of you expect to continue wearing diapers into your adult, adulthood?

"Wait a minute", you say. "What are you talking about? What is an adult, adulthood?"

I am referring to many of the under 40, under 30, or even under 20 crowd who seem to think that the desire to wear diapers is something that only "young" people might be interested in, and perhaps without meaning to, seem to stereotype those who are older into some type of other (perhaps more derogative) category. Without pointing fingers or giving quotes from posts viewed here, sometimes those who are adult (older than 30), adults on this site seem to get stereotyped into a category that sometimes has a negative connotation.

I have to admit, when I was younger, I used to think that perhaps I would grow out of my desires to wear diapers. I couldn't imagine being over 30 and wearing diapers. Well, let me tell you, that period has come and gone, and the desire is still there.

So, I challenge each of you folks who are under 40, under 30, or even under 20 to ask yourself:

- "What am I going to be doing when I am 30?"
    - "What am I going to be doing when I am 40?"
    - "Am I still going to be wearing diapers?"
    - "Will I still want to talk to others who share in this interest?
    - "Will I still want to be a member on Adisc or a similar site?"

Being an adult (older than 30) adult who likes to wear diapers, I think this has earned me a little bit of authority on this subject.

I understand the difference between age gaps of different generations. I mean come on, how many of you when you when you were teenagers would have ever thought that your parents would have liked to wear diapers? Really, adults wearing diapers? Who knew?

It is often difficult to relate oneself to someone who is perceived as a different generation. Sometimes communication is much different than between other individuals who are of the same era. It is often hard to conceptualize that those of an earlier generation has the same thoughts that we might have. I get that.

However, I hope that as members here on this site, who all share in this same "strange" interest, that we can be cognizant that this interest expands beyond any specific age. Those who are younger adults will eventually be in the above 30, above 40, above 50 themselves.

What are your thoughts on this? I would really like to hear from everyone of all generations and ages.

-- Please respond and try to keep your comments on a positive and productive manner.

I would!

I thought I would grow out of it but I have come to terms I will always like them so I am expecting to be wearing them for the rest of my life. I should be asking myself if I will ever wear underwear again

It had always creeped me out when I would picture my mom or dad wearing them. It makes me wonder how I would actually feel if I found out they were actually wearing them. But what if they had been wearing them my whole life, I would probably be so used to it I would feel indifferent to it because it would be normal to me. If you grow up with something, it's normal to you.

Great post, Teddy. Everything you said is exactly right. I suppose ageism isn't just a battle this site faces - it's a problem in general western culture. We want to forget about our elderly and put them away in homes where we don't have to look at them. Perhaps it frightens people into considering their own mortality. I don't know all the answers, but the ageism needs to stop. The only way it will stop is by way of thoughtfulness and acceptance and education.

If there's one thing I've learned about myself, it's that I'm going to always be an AB. I was an AB since I was an actual child. It's almost as though I don't remember a time when I didn't like diapers! I don't think this part of me is ever going to change. I'm 33 now, and it hasn't changed a bit. The only part that's different is my own acceptance of who I am. When I'm 60, I'll probably still love diapers. I'll be wrinkly and I'll have trouble walking and maybe my red hair's going to go white, but my personality will be in tact. I'll still be me! And part of me is being into diapers. It's silly and it's okay if people laugh, but that's just that. I'm a silly girl who likes to pretend to be a little toddler. I always will be.

I'm 23.. and I'm just going to answer the questions. If I'm supposed to do something else, I'm sorry for being an airhead. It seemed like that was what you wanted though.. o.o

"What am I going to be doing when I am 30/40?"
    Though I admit I can't know for sure.. I've been doing pretty much the same thing for about 10 years now. The feelings I have are strong, and I only see my life moving forward. Things are good for me right now, I feel pretty secure in my financial situation, and generally am just trying to get myself settled. How do I see spending my days when I'm older? Pretty much the same way I'm doing now, surrounding myself with wonderful people, doing the things I enjoy, and being me.

- "Am I still going to be wearing diapers?"
    I don't want to say definitely, but at this point in my life I would say yes. I don't really have anything else to sort of weigh this in with. I've been viewing myself as in spirit, a child since was 13.. and to many still a child. Now at 23, I feel pretty much the exact same way. I don't even really remember feeling otherwise, and I can't imagine myself otherwise. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's how I feel now. Diapers aren't an essential part of that, but they are fun.. and I don't really see myself needing to get rid of them either.

- "Will I still want to talk to others who share in this interest?" and - "Will I still want to be a member on Adisc or a similar site?"
    I like this community. It's open-minded, and I can often find other transgirls who actually feel similiar feelings I do here. I'm not saying I'll always be the most padded of the bunch, but I love this community and I still bond with many of the feelings and thoughts that happen within. Again, I don't really see my feelings changing.. despite admitting they could. I feel like something big would have to happen for that to be the case, and I don't see my life making any crazy unexpected turns. Time will tell, I suppose.

Just want to end this with I have had many close friends older the 40 years old, including ones I've proudly referred to as my family despite not being born in it. I don't think age is as important, at least when it comes to just platonic friendships.. as people might think. We are all human.

I've never thought of it as a "younger" person's thing. In fact most of the AB/DL's I've met are older than me - 40s, 50s, 60s. Obviously online communities are likely to be skewed towards younger generations, but I don't think (actual!) age is a factor in whether people are into this, though it may influence for example what kind of nappies you are drawn to.

As long as I continue to feel the same way about wearing and using diapers, I will wear them until the end. Moving forward in life, I will accommodate for my diaper lover side, because I have accepted who I am and what makes me happy. That includes the people around me. Those that need or have the right to know about this part of me, although being a small group of just my significant other, will know. Although I will always remain respectful and discreet, the people who do know will have their own choice to stay connected with me.

The only part that is iffy to me, is Parenthood. I don't find it at all appropriate to share something like my diaper fetish with my child or any other, and I most likely will take a break from wearing diapers the first few years of their lives. Not to say that this is a necessity to raising children correctly, but just to be a grown up at that time for my wife and children. But it is unrealistic to say that Parenthood will erase who I really am, and I will resume wearing diapers fairly regularly at a time I see fit. Although I recognize and refer to my interests as a "Fetish", It is not constantly sexual. Diapers make me happy in the regular sense too, which is 95% of the reason why i choose to wear them nearly 24/7. That is why I feel it is okay to wear around friends, family, and coworkers.

And at some point in my much later years, I'll finally get my wish and reward myself with wearing diapers 24/7. I feel that it isn't as strange for an older man to wear and "need" diapers, so when the time is right I will retire from the toilet.

Whoa, I can drone on and on..

I'll still wear my diapers 24/7 because of need probably for the rest of my life. I will also continue wearing and using my AB items mostly at bed time.
    I do that for my personal enjoyment. I like wearing my onesie's in the daytime to help conceal my daytime diapers. I have both prints and solid colors
    but in public I do wear a shirt over them.

Cool post! Im age 20 now and i have to admit the thought scairs me abit not that i have any think against people in there 30-40 still in diapers but i still havent come to terms with it i enjoy it but hate it at the same time and thought i would grow out of it but i gess i never will but realy coming to terms with that im not a teen or a kid anymore sucks all i can say is live life with what you got and enjoy what makes you happy.

After reading the OP and reading the responses I've come to see 'agism', as the OP refers to it as a sort of fog bank in life. Everyone approaches this fog bank at one point in their life. To me, the 'coming to term with ones self' is like making the decision whether or not to forge ahead and come out the other side (as in self acceptance), or to turn around and go back (a rejection of sorts to this lifestyle).

it often seems that while one is within this 'fog bank', just as in a real fog bank, often the way through can often become difficult to navigate. A lot of second guess can take place. Just as one might consult a compass, this can be like looking to yourself to decide which you want to do, then the way is clear.

Maybe I just rambled on, but that is the best way I can describe in an analogy how I see agism as it relates to infantilism and the later in life age brackets.