Thread: Changing on Aeroplanes?

Default Changing on Aeroplanes?

I've never done it, but was wondering, has anyone here had to (or wanted to) change on an aeroplane before?

It seems that it would be difficult as anyone going into a bathroom on an aeroplane with some sort of bag would be treated with suspicion.

My real question is whether anyone here has ever been treated with suspicion (harassed) on an aeroplane whil going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHayleeRaven View Post
    I've never done it, but was wondering, has anyone here had to (or wanted to) change on an aeroplane before?

It seems that it would be difficult as anyone going into a bathroom on an aeroplane with some sort of bag would be treated with suspicion.

My real question is whether anyone here has ever been treated with suspicion (harassed) on an aeroplane whil going to change.
    And, are there proper garbage disposals?

actually.. the things are so tiny.. i'm tempted to change a diaper in one of those stalls and leave a loaded one in the tiny, tiny sanitary napkin slot.
    them suckers are hard enough to navigate when not diapered.. i'm still trying to figure out how to join the mile high club in one. holy crap, I live in a camper with a SSS bathroom with more room

Hi TheHayleeRaven. I fly quite a lot each year, and see all sorts of things, especially on long haul flights. When flying 8-12 hours it is quite common to see folk taking bags with them into the restroom. Women probably have an easier time with it, taking their handbag with them, but I see males taking their 'man-bags' also, of which some are easily large enough to sneak in diapers etc. 99.8% of time people are probably just going to refresh themselves; (try!) to get a bit of a wash, brush teeth etc. The trash is quite tight, and i have noticed adult products squeezed into them over the years, so for sure some folk have no choice and need to wear/change there. Don't think people would be too suspicious, unless the person locked themselves in there for a long time. On some airlines, the facilities in Business/First class are more spacious. This is again mostly on larger aircraft on long flights. Some airlines who operate the Airbus A380 even offer a shower on board.

Andrew

I have not changed on a plane they are just way to tiny to try put one on and deal with turblace . It the reason why i try to wear my M4 or Dry24/7 before going on one. But i guess on a really long flight it would need to be done. The longest flight i been on was from Miami to LA i slept for about half of the way only after i woke did i wet but it still could hold more so never did change till i got LA

I am a bedwetter, so padding up was pretty essential for me on an 11 hour flight from Heathrow to LA. It was easy enough to do: just opened the diaper up, plonked my butt on the toilet seat with the diaper under it, and taped it up. Took me quite a while though, was very embarrassed when I came out. Nobody commented on/noticed me taking my bag in, I'm pretty sure a few other people did it before me to brush their teeth, etc.

I wouldn't like to put a used diaper in the little bin in there. It'd fit, surely, but it'd take up nearly ALL the bin space and probably end in it either overflowing or someone having to empty it right after I used it...making it obvious who left it there...

Yes, I've changed while in an airplane before. And, yes, one time an attendant looked at me strangely when I took my backpack into the restroom. I spoke to her when I emerged and she said she was relieved or something like that because I was in there so long and had my backpack with me. I told her I needed to change and that was that. After that I kept a change ready in a smaller pack to take in to the bathroom, if needed.

The space is tight and there is not much room for disposing of your used diaper. However, it can be done and for some of us, even with an absorbant diaper, on a long flight, a change is necessary to avoid leaks.

I think if anyone ever asked me why am I taking the bad in the restroom or telling me I can't do that, it would take guts for me to say I need to get changed or open you bag and have them peek in there.

I would recommend a diaper like molicare or abri form or wellness briefs or dry 24/7s or any diaper that holds a lot. I wonder how do handicapped people get changed on the airplane or incontinent children who are mobile. I can imagine they are double diapered but what about when they soil themselves?

Exclamation changing in an airplane? no way ...

I have never changed in an airplane because the bathrooms are too tight and the disposal chute is so small a diaper would clog the opening. I make sure I change in the airport bathroom before I enter the plane. Depending on how long the flight is I usually bring 1 or 2 changes onboard with me. I have a backpack so of course TSA will search the bag to make sure there is nothing illegal in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I think if anyone ever asked me why am I taking the bad in the restroom or telling me I can't do that, it would take guts for me to say I need to get changed or open you bag and have them peek in there.

I would recommend a diaper like molicare or abri form or wellness briefs or dry 24/7s or any diaper that holds a lot. I wonder how do handicapped people get changed on the airplane or incontinent children who are mobile. I can imagine they are double diapered but what about when they soil themselves?
    I know how immobile children are changed on planes; one of the little boys I care for is severely disabled, and is big enough now (almost a teenager!!) that he can't really be carried to the toilet, especially on an airplane. His family had to change him at their seats on a plane, covering him with a blanket.