Thread: Posting from Ottawa

Default Posting from Ottawa

Hello to all the ABDL community!

I just wanted to post for the first time and make an introduction. I'm a life-long DL originally from upstate NY and now living in Ottawa. I've been in and out of the ABDL scene since I was about 15, now I'm 30. It was nice to find when I was younger that my love for diapers was something I wasn't alone in. I'm sure as all of you know, it's a tough thing to come to terms with.

I'm posting here in hopes to meet others I can talk to so I can help be more comfortable with my situation. For years I hoped to find a female AB or DL with whom to share my life with. Unfortunately I've found the severe disproportion of males to females to be so discouraging that I've given up more times than I can count.

I'm not into the DL scene much these days as I'm in a long-term relationship which I'm not entirely happy in. As you can guess, the source of my unhappiness is largely because I don't feel I can share my DL side with my girlfriend. There are other reasons I haven't brought it up in the relationship, as there are many facets of the relationship I have my hesitations about. Let's just say that if I thought I could be happier with someone else, I'd probably change things a bit.

Well I'll leave it at that for now. I'm hoping to be able to be a part of the community here and find help sort out if the DL life is something I want to make a bigger part of my existence. I think it is... we'll see.

All the best to everyone here!

Quote Originally Posted by canam View Post
    Hello to all the ABDL community!

I just wanted to post for the first time and make an introduction. I'm a life-long DL originally from upstate NY and now living in Ottawa. I've been in and out of the ABDL scene since I was about 15, now I'm 30. It was nice to find when I was younger that my love for diapers was something I wasn't alone in. I'm sure as all of you know, it's a tough thing to come to terms with.

I'm posting here in hopes to meet others I can talk to so I can help be more comfortable with my situation. For years I hoped to find a female AB or DL with whom to share my life with. Unfortunately I've found the severe disproportion of males to females to be so discouraging that I've given up more times than I can count.

I'm not into the DL scene much these days as I'm in a long-term relationship which I'm not entirely happy in. As you can guess, the source of my unhappiness is largely because I don't feel I can share my DL side with my girlfriend. There are other reasons I haven't brought it up in the relationship, as there are many facets of the relationship I have my hesitations about. Let's just say that if I thought I could be happier with someone else, I'd probably change things a bit.

Well I'll leave it at that for now. I'm hoping to be able to be a part of the community here and find help sort out if the DL life is something I want to make a bigger part of my existence. I think it is... we'll see.

All the best to everyone here!
    Welcome to the community!!!!

I hope that it ends up being a positive experience for you.

I know how difficult it can be to share this side of yourself with a significant other. We have tons of members who have gone through the experience, with both positive and negative outcomes, and sometimes somewhere in between. Then there are those for whom adisc was a life changing experience that made them reflect on who they were and made extreme changes. It's just filled with many wonderful and understanding members, and as it is mentioned in the name, it functions as a support community. There are also members of a lesser calibre, as there is in any community, but generally we try to greet people with open arms.

Just to clarify, are you talking about Ottawa, Il or Ottawa, Ontario, as there are two. I live about 6 hours from the latter What was the reason for the move? Is that how you ended up meeting your girlfriend?

Personally, knowing how things go, I think everyone's goal should be to become more comfortable with themselves, in general and not just within the fetish. For many people, as probably for yourself, it is an important facet of their life. I've definitely found support in terms of this here, as within just a few months of being a member, I generally found I could actually integrate that part of myself into the whole of me and not feel ashamed or like I was a total freak. It became more normal for me. Obviously not enough to yell to the world, but definitely stopped with the negative internal dialogue.

The reason it seems that there are more males, is because females generally tend to be more shy on this topic, and less likely to feel the need to outwardly talk about such a strange side of them. That was my reasoning for the longest time, and I know it's pretty common.

What sort of interests do you have outside the DL part of yourself? Do you have any passions or hobbies? Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Best of luck getting accustomed to the community. Hope your stay is wonderful enough for you to come back.

Yo dude. I'm from Ottawa, ON. I can relate. If you go on Fetlife, you can join the Ottawa AB/DL/BF
    group. We have munches and get together every once in a while to shoot the shit. Normal people. Chillin. You should come!

Thank you for the warm welcome! To directly respond to the questions:

@LushieCat: Ottawa, ON is where I am. The reason for my move was to pursue an amazing opportunity with a startup company here in the area. I did meet my girlfriend through my work connections here in Ottawa; our companies share a common connection through ownership. I guess that's all I'll say without giving out more information that I'm comfortable with at the moment. In 10 years I'd like to see myself having started a family. With any luck with someone who would understand my DL side.

As for my interests, I'm otherwise a pretty normal guy. I've gotten into brewing my own beer recently (mainly since it's so expensive in Canada, even for the "cheap" stuff), but it's been a really cool thing to do. I'm pretty technical when it comes to all things electronic or computerized. I have a knack for understanding and troubleshooting complex computer systems. Went to university in Rochester for computer engineering and I love to work at the occasional project. Usually my projects revolve around video games of some sort, usually trying to get classic systems like the NES or SNES working on new platforms through emulation or other hardware... this is getting too technical now. I have some cool personal goals in this area, but I won't bore anyone here with that stuff.

@TheJackRabbit: Meeting up in a group scares me quite a bit. I think it would be something that I'd like to do, but not quite yet. I'll be giving this some serious thought. I suppose it's the only safe way to really find people who are like minded.

Ah yes. Group meetings. You will be happy to know that the bunch in Edmonton and Calgary both are your science-fiction/horror /vid gaming typical 20-40ish geeky types. We have plenty in common quite aside from our taste for waterproof clothing. I have 50 in sight which makes me the oldest in our group. So when you do decide that live meeting is up your alley, at least you might not have to worry that you will be surrounded by bankers in tweeds with chauffeurs, exhibitionists in just their diaper escaped from the loony bin, or something terribly extreme.

How's this: pop off to Fetlife, search under diaper or abdl, and see if there is a munch group in your area, or an area you can comfortably get to by car or transit. Make your own Fetlife account and using your Fetlife name, contact each member of the munch group and ask them if they have an account on Adisc, Babyfur.me, or actually any online destination where you could join, and linger...

The object of this exercise being to get to know them, see what sort of person they are, what their opinions on things are, what common ground you may have should you ever meet live, so you have something innocuous to talk about in a coffee shop... But mainly to decide if any of them seems like the sort of person you would want to meet in person anyway.

Then at some point, since these are abdl people who you know like live contact ANYWAY pick the one or ones you would feel OK meeting and arrange with just those ones to meet with you at a time and place that's mutually convenient. If that goes well then you should feel happy to meet others that they know...

The important things are to have such a meeting, whether it be with one at first, or a few, or many happen SAFELY for all, and BE FUN for all.

Now note carefully that Adisc isn't a meet site, as such, not for local munches, not for finding dates, not for meeting for sex, none of that.

Sites like Fetlife specialize in providing a place useful for persons of a specific inclination (like diaper-wearers) to congegate, and thence to arrange events like group meets, or equally for finding people to date. Now Adisc isn't a dating site. However, OTHER SITES ARE DESIGNED to facilitate meeting: for couples, or groups.

The nature of the meetings that get organized on sites like that can be anything: to browse as a group at a flea market, to lounge at a coffee shop for a couple of hours to play scrabble and discuss lego, or to go to a private house and roleplay being ab's down in the basement.

Some people are put off Fetlife because it's perceived as dirty or dangerous or scary; it's actually nothing to worry about. Dirty, scary, or dangerous people no doubt exist there: that's why you might ask people where else they can be found online, so as to get a feel for who they are before you meet any of them.

FYI other sites that allow and encourage the arranging between strangers of events where they meet ALSO EXIST. I belong to this site: Home - Alberta Littles
    It's a purpose-built meet site, designed to enable abdl people to organize meeting one another. Its members belong to all manner of "main sites" (many are Adisc members, ) but others are most active on places like Babyfur.me or Daily Diapers. (Not to mention sites written in their native language, if it's not English. We have on Adisc native speakers of Dutch, German, French, and Scandinavian languages. Diaper sites exist in those languages.
    People congregate on Adisc to communicate in English. And arrange their live contact through yet other sites, ones set up for that sort of thing... then can return to their main site to discuss how things went, offer advice on meeting up to folks who are thinking of doing so, and generally talk about things relating to meeting up, except not doing the actual organizing and arranging on this site.

Whew. Wow. Well. Run off at the mouth I did. I do hope you found it useful or interesting... Please do say, cause this is YOUR intro thread, this thread is for YOUR benefit. Your feedback is important so Adisc can be a great place for YOU to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes. Group meetings. You will be happy to know that the bunch in Edmonton and Calgary both are your science-fiction/horror /vid gaming typical 20-40ish geeky types. We have plenty in common quite aside from our taste for waterproof clothing. I have 50 in sight which makes me the oldest in our group. So when you do decide that live meeting is up your alley, at least you might not have to worry that you will be surrounded by bankers in tweeds with chauffeurs, exhibitionists in just their diaper escaped from the loony bin, or something terribly extreme.

How's this: pop off to Fetlife, search under diaper or abdl, and see if there is a munch group in your area, or an area you can comfortably get to by car or transit. Make your own Fetlife account and using your Fetlife name, contact each member of the munch group and ask them if they have an account on Adisc, Babyfur.me, or actually any online destination where you could join, and linger...

The object of this exercise being to get to know them, see what sort of person they are, what their opinions on things are, what common ground you may have should you ever meet live, so you have something innocuous to talk about in a coffee shop... But mainly to decide if any of them seems like the sort of person you would want to meet in person anyway.

Then at some point, since these are abdl people who you know like live contact ANYWAY pick the one or ones you would feel OK meeting and arrange with just those ones to meet with you at a time and place that's mutually convenient. If that goes well then you should feel happy to meet others that they know...

The important things are to have such a meeting, whether it be with one at first, or a few, or many happen SAFELY for all, and BE FUN for all.

Now note carefully that Adisc isn't a meet site, as such, not for local munches, not for finding dates, not for meeting for sex, none of that.

Sites like Fetlife specialize in providing a place useful for persons of a specific inclination (like diaper-wearers) to congegate, and thence to arrange events like group meets, or equally for finding people to date. I speak for Moo and ADISC in Echoing their official policy that Adisc isn't a dating site. However, OTHER SITES ARE DESIGNED to facilitate meeting: for couples, or groups.

The nature of the meetings that get organized on sites like that can be anything: to browse as a group at a flea market, to lounge at a coffee shop for a couple of hours to play scrabble and discuss lego, or to go to a private house and roleplay being ab's down in the basement.

Some people are put off Fetlife because it's perceived as dirty or dangerous or scary; it's actually nothing to worry about. Dirty, scary, or dangerous people no doubt exist there: that's why you might ask people where else they can be found online, so as to get a feel for who they are before you meet any of them.

FYI other sites that allow and encourage the arranging between strangers of events where they meet ALSO EXIST. I belong to this site: http://www.calgaryabdlmeetup.com
    It's a purpose-built meet site, designed to enable abdl people to organize meeting one another. Its members belong to all manner of "main sites" (many are Adisc members, ) but others are most active on places like Babyfur.me or Daily Diapers. (Not to mention sites written in their native language, if it's not English. We have on Adisc native speakers of Dutch, German, French, and Scandinavian languages. Diaper sites exist in those languages.
    People congregate on Adisc to communicate in English. And arrange their live contact through yet other sites, ones set up for that sort of thing... then can return to their main site to discuss how things went, offer advice on meeting up to folks who are thinking of doing so, and generally talk about things relating to meeting up, except not doing the actual organizing and arranging on this site.

Whew. Wow. Well. Run off at the mouth I did. I do hope you found it useful or interesting... Please do say, cause this is YOUR intro thread, this thread is for YOUR benefit. Your feedback is important so Adisc can be a great place for YOU to come.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 26-Apr-2013 at 21:26.