Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: abdl WITHOUT diapers, is it possible?

Default abdl WITHOUT diapers, is it possible?

Okay so first of all, I just wanted to kind of pat everyone here on the back for being so supportive and intelligent in replying to others. I have tried a few abdl sites, but way too many trolls made any real conversation possible. But I digress.....

I guess I just wanted to reach out to you all for some help. I am having an identity crisis, and I wonder if anything similar has happened to anyone else? Basically I am trying to ease into a comfortable abdl lifestyle that fits my little world. I want to know how other people ease into things so there is not a sudden shock... For example, I have not tried diapers yet.... I know, I know. I really think for me this is a hygiene issue and I had a job where I changed a lot of elderly people's diapers so I more so associate diapers with that experience than with my little one. When I think of diapers I automatically think of the old, dying, sick people I once cared for and this spoils any whimsical, imaginative play I could have wanted. For me, this is very sad, because I really feel that diapers would complete my abdl RP, but my adult brain just says no.

I do enjoy dressing little in my footie pajamas, hair in piggy tails, and curling up with my big teddy and a bottle (of water). I also like to call my boyfriend Daddy, but not in a sexual way. Just more so in a way like that he is taking care of me and my little needs and therefore it is a safe space.

I guess what I am asking is how I can enhance my little experience and how I can identify myself as abdl without the diaper aspect? Or maybe how I could work that in? I know that this is crucial for a lot of people but my experiences in work have "tainted" that so to speak. I want to ease into an abdl lifestyle and am open to becoming more comfortable with diapers and disassociating my work experiences.

I'm still new at this everyone! Please help me!

I don't have an AB side but as far as the diapers go, I recently started wearing occasionally. It was a big step for me as I, like you, associate them with very young or very old. I started with the "poor man's" diaper - a Depends pull up and wet it. It felt good, is all I can tell you. Then I moved on to adult diapers shortly after and also found this place, too. From the other members, it doesn't seem you have to wear diapers. You can be an age such as 4 where you're potty trained or you can wear a diaper or pull up and not use it for it's intended purpose. Hope this helps!

Well, let me start out by saying congrats on joining. It's a leap of fate for a lot of us and a step in the process of accepting who we are. I too have only been here a few weeks.

Yes, it is possible to be ab without diapers. Some of us picture our little selves as old enough to be potty-trained.

Although I have had a diaper fetish since I was a young child, I have only recently begun to have an interest in wearing. (Since I live at home, I am limited to using a towel as a makeshift diaper.) It's definitely nothing you need to rush into. It's essential that you be comfortable as you experiment. You may learn to enjoy diapers, you may not. Try to replace those bad thoughts you have about your work experience with pleasant ones, if you can. Think about how soft and comfy diapers must be and all the fun stuff babies do while wearing; how carefree they are.

This is one of my first times giving ab/dl advice, so I hope I did alright. I wish you luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, let me start out by saying congrats on joining. It's a leap of fate for a lot of us and a step in the process of accepting who we are. I too have only been here a few weeks.

Yes, it is possible to be ab without diapers. Some of us picture our little selves as old enough to be potty-trained.

Although I have had a diaper fetish since I was a young child, I have only recently begun to have an interest in wearing. (Since I live at home, I am limited to using a towel as a makeshift diaper.) It's definitely nothing you need to rush into. It's essential that you be comfortable as you experiment. You may learn to enjoy diapers, you may not. Try to replace those bad thoughts you have about your work experience with pleasant ones, if you can. Think about how soft and comfy diapers must be and all the fun stuff babies do while wearing; how carefree they are.

This is one of my first times giving ab/dl advice, so I hope I did alright. I wish you luck.

It sounds like your little side is really prying for a way to get out. Diapers are a great way to feel little and re so very comfortable, you dont want to dismiss them all together because of some bas experiences. You need to break the negative association you have with diapers. I would suggest buying AB/DL specific diapers from Bambino Bambino Diapers, The Best Source for ABDL Diapers and Products! they will help you break identifying diapers with old people as you tape on cute teddy bears. Childish prints go a long way to help get into the little mind set. I type this wearing doggie footy pajamas with a comfy diaper under and cannot be any happier, I am glad you exploring this fun and cute world. Remember that your imagination can take you wonderful places.

You could be a toddler. Toddlers have better toys, cartoons and clothes! Or maybe you would prefer pull-ups instead of a diaper?

It's entirely possible to be both or either an AB/DL without diapers. I'm sure as most would attest with having no access to them as teens or younger that we can keep this up for years and years.

ABs I think could even go their whole life without them, as there's much more variation that they can take on board.

DLs though, well I think in the end, diapers will get ya'!

Being AB is not so much about diapers as getting in touch with part of your inner self which needs some particularly special attention....You will discover many theories pertaining to the nature of this desire, but essentially, if it's there, you kinda need to attend to it. For me that requires periodic regression...yes, assuming an infantile state of mind and then allowing natural age appropriate behaviour to occur. Do I think diapers are essential....well no, not for me necessarily, but they certainly do help me to achieve that state of regression, but other items are important catalysts as well....pacifier, Teddy etc. I really think it's more about the way you identify with an object of regression that helps...diapers just have a natural association with infancy. So...find what works for you and enjoy the calming release that it brings...if diapers at some stage form part of the scenario, well and good, if not well..... no one here is goin to judge you on what you may or may not be wrapped in..

What is Ageplay:
    Ageplay is any form of play where one or more of the people involved are acting younger (or older) then their actual age. Ageplay is a "umbrella-term" that includes both the one playing and the people interacting with them.

What does being a "little" mean:
    The word "little" refers to the person regressing to; or roleplaying an age younger then what they actually are (most often used about the ages of 2-6). Being little means being regressed and/or playing.

You can be/play/regress to whatever age comes natural to you, your little might be 11 months, or 12 years old, its all about what feels good for you. And if your little isn't in diapers then it wont feel right wearing them. Your little can be a 11 month old without diapers.. Its really all up to you.

I think this is an issue of what you're comfortable with. And if you're not comfortable including diapers in your play.. then maybe you can have special panties for your little. Or.. "training pants"..

Quote Originally Posted by sleepykitten View Post
    Okay so first of all, I just wanted to kind of pat everyone here on the back for being so supportive and intelligent in replying to others. I have tried a few abdl sites, but way too many trolls made any real conversation possible. But I digress.....

I guess I just wanted to reach out to you all for some help. I am having an identity crisis, and I wonder if anything similar has happened to anyone else? Basically I am trying to ease into a comfortable abdl lifestyle that fits my little world. I want to know how other people ease into things so there is not a sudden shock... For example, I have not tried diapers yet.... I know, I know. I really think for me this is a hygiene issue and I had a job where I changed a lot of elderly people's diapers so I more so associate diapers with that experience than with my little one. When I think of diapers I automatically think of the old, dying, sick people I once cared for and this spoils any whimsical, imaginative play I could have wanted. For me, this is very sad, because I really feel that diapers would complete my abdl RP, but my adult brain just says no.

I do enjoy dressing little in my footie pajamas, hair in piggy tails, and curling up with my big teddy and a bottle (of water). I also like to call my boyfriend Daddy, but not in a sexual way. Just more so in a way like that he is taking care of me and my little needs and therefore it is a safe space.

I guess what I am asking is how I can enhance my little experience and how I can identify myself as abdl without the diaper aspect? Or maybe how I could work that in? I know that this is crucial for a lot of people but my experiences in work have "tainted" that so to speak. I want to ease into an abdl lifestyle and am open to becoming more comfortable with diapers and disassociating my work experiences.

I'm still new at this everyone! Please help me!
    Welcome to the group. It is a long hard road to travel to find the answers of why we are here.

For me I see the events that brought me here from when I was three. For you it will be something else. Having to wear diapers may or may not be part of it.
    I have come to realize that I am 10% ab and 90% dl, however I use the ab as a means to escape from adult stress. I am able to use the meditation skills that I have been taught in therapy and I go back to a time in my life when being held by my mother while in a diaper was ok. The other times were tough but I got attention and that is when I am just wanting to be in a diaper and dont necessaraly digress, but just role play.

So the first thing I would suggest is looking at the reason that a perticular age is so attractive to your thoughts and work from there. I would say not using a diaper is ok for you if that is what you want and go from there.

I have seen a lot of similar and good advice to this thread, and I wish you the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Being AB is not so much about diapers as getting in touch with part of your inner self which needs some particularly special attention....You will discover many theories pertaining to the nature of this desire, but essentially, if it's there, you kinda need to attend to it. For me that requires periodic regression...yes, assuming an infantile state of mind and then allowing natural age appropriate behaviour to occur. Do I think diapers are essential....well no, not for me necessarily, but they certainly do help me to achieve that state of regression, but other items are important catalysts as well....pacifier, Teddy etc. I really think it's more about the way you identify with an object of regression that helps...diapers just have a natural association with infancy. So...find what works for you and enjoy the calming release that it brings...if diapers at some stage form part of the scenario, well and good, if not well..... no one here is goin to judge you on what you may or may not be wrapped in..
    Agree with this. I do find that diapers are a particually strong anchor for regression, perhaps because the whole "toilet training" thing is a big separator between adults and infants in our culture.

I guess they're not actually needed, although I've not tried regressing without them!