Thread: Diapers that DON'T leak from the sides?

Default Diapers that DON'T leak from the sides?

I have bedwetting problems due to stress from time to time, and half the time I leak out from the side of my diaper (since I sleep on my side, often in a fetal position). The padding never goes all the way around my side. If it did, I don't think I'd have much of a problem. I wear medium size Depends, because so far they are the most comfortable and "affordable" diapers I've come across. Are they perhaps too small? Is that the problem, or are all diapers like this?

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by CrissyVon View Post
    Are they perhaps too small? Is that the problem, or are all diapers like this?
    disposable diapers are like that.
    solutions range from going down the full tradtional route, to wearing towelling trainer-pants (or separate towelling and plastic pants) over the dispie. some trainer-pants are constructed so as to allow the inner absorbant pant to be pulled out, for quicker drying.

if seeking such a solution, size the garments according to your thigh diameter, not your waist (size/design issue across the whole industry, it seems) and don't go too tight with it.

I think a highly absorbent underpad would be a good option. I think Attends and Abena make super absorbant ones. And you can re-use them on dry nights. If you are buying locally, I bet the Goodnites underpads work really well, and they have adhesive on the under side so that they don't move around.

You could try stuffing some cloth diaper material behind the side panels as well. That's a wild suggestion, I've never tried it.

Cloth will hold it all in, Wellness briefs should too, molicare, abri form. Try any expensive diaper. I find they can hold it all in. I would go alone with the other idea, under pads. Also try plastic pants.

I wear a diaper one size larger than I might. This way the "wings" from the front go all the way around to the padding in the back. Too, I always wear a lined plastic pant over my diapers, and wear the best diaper available - Dry 24/7 for now. Too, my mattress has both a mattress pad and a waterproof sheet under that pad. Too much protection is better than too little...

..also, as a male, make sure you are 'pointing down' in the diaper.. Helps me when laying on side. A little bit at least...

Default Re: Diapers that DON'T leak from the sides?

Quote Originally Posted by CrissyVon View Post
    I wear medium size Depends, because so far they are the most comfortable and "affordable" diapers I've come across. Are they perhaps too small? Is that the problem, or are all diapers like this?

Any suggestions?
    Your first problem is "depending" on Depend. They are among the worst for night time. Depend holds about 4 cups of water. That is usually cut in half because urine is more than water. It has other stuff coming from your body and the absorbent material absorbs less urine than water.

Depend is not that affordable. The cost per ounce is very high. It might absorb 16oz saturated if you're lucky.

You may wear 1 diaper per day so you may be thinking, (per piece) its more affordable.

Depend is definitely not very comfortable in my opinion.

What you should do is buy samples of premium diapers to try out. Invest in a pair of plastic pants is a must. Also checkout the proper way to put on a diaper in the ADISC articles section.

If I were you, I'd stick with plastic backed for full protection. Try XP Medical they ship discreetly. You could also the Bambino diapers, if you don't care for the prints, they have plain white ones and have about all the best features in a designed diaper that is the softest diaper I have tried.

Don't buy in to the names of diapers especially the ones that say Depend or Certainity, because the product is the exact opposite of what the names is.