Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My uncle wants to make AB a topic for laughs on the radio...thoughts?

Default My uncle wants to make AB a topic for laughs on the radio...thoughts?

Today I was talking to my shock jock radio host uncle about being AB. For a while he seemed very against AB but as of today's conversation, while his views may not be changing completely, when I'm involved he seems to not want to say so many bad things, because I think he's starting to accept it as part of me (although he still thinks others are brainwashing me - I apologize if that seems contradictory, I'm not intending it to be, but it only proves that it's my feelings he doesn't want to hurt - the rest of the community may be a totally different matter in his view).

Anyway, again he has brought up whether I will allow him to discuss the topic on the radio. He says that one day I should be able to laugh at myself. I told him I can but only with accepting people, and I reminded him there are far more people who don't accept it than who do, and in past conversations he has acted as part of the majority that doesn't.

My uncle wants to make AB a topic to laugh at one week. I expressed obvious concern for my public image, but he has promised not to feature me on the show. This is the one time I'd pass on the opportunity to be a guest on the show!

He says that all he really wants to do is laugh at AB just like people laugh at being gay or fat or whatever. This is giving me hope that he won't totally bash us...but I told him I'd have to discuss it with you guys first. So...what do you guys think? Should I let him do it?

Quote Originally Posted by memorychick View Post
    My uncle wants to make AB a topic to laugh at one week....
    He says that all he really wants to do is laugh at AB just like people laugh at being gay or fat or whatever..
    He says that like it's a good thing

He says that all he really wants to do is laugh at AB just like people laugh at being gay or fat or whatever.
    Sounds hilarious... :-/

This is giving me hope that he won't totally bash us...
    Laughing at people for being gay or fat or AB sounds pretty mean and closed-minded... I'd call it "bashing"...

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Sounds hilarious... :-/

Laughing at people for being gay or fat or AB sounds pretty mean and closed-minded... I'd call it "bashing"...
    Never watch a sitcom.

We're a funny bunch. It's his show, why not? It's entirely possible to find something funny and be civil at the same time. Unlikely in this case, but possible.

No offense, but your uncle is very inconsiderate and mean by wanting to air this topic as a discussion on radio.
    He knows you happen to be one, so he wants be totally insensitive and make all ABDL's a laughing stock.
    I don't have to know it will not end well for our kind.
    His reasoning about this being something to laugh about in years to come feels to me like a sort of manipulation to get you on-board for a slaughter, and you will be okay with it.
    Ultimately, i have no say about this but its your call...
    Last edited by Luckyfish; 05-Apr-2013 at 21:45. Reason: post is duplicating.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyfish View Post
    ...make all ABDL's a laughing stock.
    Hate to break this to you, but we already are a laughing stock to the average joe. Last thing we should do is get our diapers in a twist over it.

FBIsMostUnwanted

Quote Originally Posted by GalacticSushiMan View Post
    Hate to break this to you, but we already are a laughing stock to the average joe. Last thing we should do is get our diapers in a twist over it.
    Exactly. And quite honestly, I do find some kinds of ABs to be freaky, gross, and just plain weird. Like the total all-out baby ABs who suck on pacifiers, wear bibs, use a high chair, have a "mommy" or "daddy", sleep in cribs, cry, etc. - and I mean the kinds who do one or more, if not all, of those things, like the ones featured in "15 Stone Babies". No offence to anyone here, but that is just plain weird. Quite honestly, it is a joke in my opinion.

Now, I do wear diapers. I am a DL. I only have very very VERY slights hints of the most MINIMAL ABism. I like the cute patterns on baby and children's diapers, I like the colours baby blue and soft pink and use them frequently in daily life, and on rare occasions may suck my thumb. I don't know if that's enough to be considered AB or not, but I'd prefer not to be associated with the type of AB listed above if it can be avoided.

Wearing diapers isn't an "all-or-nothing" deal, contrary to popular belief. Yes, it IS possible to enjoy wearing diapers without "using" them, being spooned apple sauce by a "mommy" while sitting in a high chair, crying at every little thing, etc. There are levels to everything, and I'm probably in the mid- to mid-low- range.

It's like bronies, for example (which I am a brony) - there's fans who just watch and enjoy the show, there's the slightly obsessive who collect MLP merchandise, there's the pony freaks who download every episode and put it on their media player; then there's the outright pony fags - the ones who memorize entire scenes from the show, know the titles, plots, and serial numbers of every single episode, wear MLP clothing constantly, develop sexual attractions to the characters, live in a detached fantasy world where they will someday marry one of the characters, try to force the show on everyone else, etc. Even if you aren't a brony, you likely know what I'm talkign about with that last example - because the ponyfags are the only ones who get media attention. Why? Because they're creepy and weird, and easy to make fun of.

It's the same way with ABs - while there are many ABs who are modest or even minimal like me, there's also that popluation of freaks who get all the spotlight because of how [email protected]#$ing weird they are. Why is this? Well, it's quite simply because people are pessimistic by nature and will only pay attention to the worst of every group. There's countless other example of this too - a few Arabs hijack planes and kill 2900 civilians - suddenly all Arabs and Muslims are terrorists. An autistic man shoots up an elementary school and kills 20 young children - suddenly all people with mental disabilities are future mass-murderers. That's human nature - it's just simply easier to look at the bad than the good.

So really, it doesn't particularly matter at all what your uncle does. Anythign harmful he could possibly say has already been said and won't do a damn thing to change peoples' minds, for better or for worse. The general population already thinks of ABs as freaks from shows and documentaries such 15 Stone Babies. The more things one can find that are negative about others, the more positive they can feel about themselves. "Well, at least I'm not as disgusting and repulsive as THAT. I could definitely be a lot worse. I guess I'm not as bad as I thought." That's the typical thought process of most humans - admit it, you've thought that about someone or something too. We all have. It doesn't matter what anyone says positive about ABs, or really anyone for that matter; because to the average human, all other humans are horrible wretched creatures. You may not want to admit you think that, but you do somewhere in the back of your mind.

Just as an above posted said - it's his show, let him do what he wants. It won't help, but then again, nothing will - so it can't really hurt, either.

that is kinda rude to laugh at abs it is a lifestyle choice so what if we are different it sure doesn't give your uncle the right to laugh about it just because he doesn't understand it. I would have not said anything to him, but it was your choice to do as you wish. I just wish that your uncle will eventually understand we are a mass community who enjoys diapers, being babies and acting like them and having others care for us. Good luck though.

Anyway, again he has brought up whether I will allow him to discuss the topic on the radio. He says that one day I should be able to laugh at myself. I told him I can but only with accepting people, and I reminded him there are far more people who don't accept it than who do, and in past conversations he has acted as part of the majority that doesn't.
    So he's asking you for permission to have AB/DL as a topic on the show -- not for permission to talk about YOU on the show?

Seems like that's his decision regardless of what you or I or anyone wants. In a way, its kind of considerate for a "shock jock" to ask for that kind of permission.

I'd definitely advise against it if he's going to mention you IN ANY WAY (even in the sense of "i have a nephew/niece/family member who's into this"). But if that's off the table, I don't really feel like it's my business or perogative to make requests one way or another on our behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl2013 View Post
    that is kinda rude to laugh at *abs is a lifestyle choice so what if we are different it sure doesn't give your uncle the right to laugh about it just because he doesn't understand it. I would have not said anything to him, but it was your choice to do as you wish. I just wish that your uncle will eventually understand we are a mass community who enjoys diapers, being babies and acting like them and having others care for us. Good luck though.
    Don't forget, see bolded* that isn't the case for everyone. I'm happy to laugh at myself, and other AB's because we're a ridiculous thing and ridiculous things tend to get laughed at.