Thread: Warframe - A Sci-fi free to play third person shooter

Post Warframe - A Sci-fi free to play third person shooter

Does anyone here also play it? It is on Steam for those using the service.

Nope, I don't play it. I've been too busy with other games lately xD. If you play it, what are your thoughts about the game. From face value, it doesn't look that fun to me but you can't judge a book by it's cover xD.

the video looks alright, do they got any mimum/recommended specs? Seems like something that desires a 8800GT or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaice View Post

Does anyone here also play it? It is on Steam for those using the service.
    Yes I've played a bit of it. It's quite good for a Free-to-Play though you do need to play a lot of games to start unlocking the cooler "Warframes" and weapons (if you don't pay).

It's a really cool concept and I hope that they add more to flesh it out, it'd be loads of fun to play four player co-op with friends.

Nice customization too; you can be a stealthy ninja, a futuristic sorceress or a heavy commando. Or something in between

They really need to work on their objective marker though, that combined with the confused level design is enough to give anyone a head ache XD
    Last edited by Serah; 07-Apr-2013 at 07:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    ... do they got any mimum/recommended specs? ...
    Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+
    Memory:2 GB RAM
    Graphics:Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600
    Hard Drive:2 GB HD space

- Steam

I have to say, I was more than surprised when the game started and I was able to play it on highest settings.
    Guess it´s some kind of „looks better than it actually is“-phenomenon...

And yes, I played it. Well, and I don´t have that much to say.

It looks nice, and the controls are pretty smooth, but after about 4 hours I removed it again.
    Mostly because of the „Pay-to-have-fun“-policy, and because the missions are... boring.
    I might give it a chance again when the Beta is over, but right now there´s just too little „uniqueness“,
    and too much to pay for in my opinion.
    Just another „Free“-to-play-Unreal-Engine-Game-thingy... -beta... -thing.

I played it, couldn't enable DX11 support despite having a 7870 a GPU that is DX11.

It's a fun game and the XP seems to be coming in fast. The major issue is the map being in the top left corner and no HUD markers telling you where to go next. Plus some ways to get into the next area are easy to miss, like when you need to get in a vent on the first level to reach the next area. Hopefully the only think you can unlock with real money is cosmetic items.