Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally! A decent Adult Baby documentary!

Default Finally! A decent Adult Baby documentary!

I just saw this today, and I have no idea if anyone else has seen it so I'm leaving the link here. BBC did it right this time, although I do have a few problems with one of the Daddy's pressing his little girl about being littler. Nothing to do with the value of it, just a personal opinion.

The 15-Stone Babies part 1 - YouTube

I saw it awhile ago and thought it was pretty good, though I more skimmed then watched the whole thing. Reading elsewhere I've heard the pressing into being littler thing wasn't really the case as made out in the documentary.

Countdown

It was a bad "documentary" (as they all are).

Any "documentary" that shows this clown and says, "Here is a good representation of the AB/DL community," is a "documentary" that's only purpose is to make more normal, socially acceptable people feel good about themselves. It allows them to sit back, point at their TV screens, laugh, and exclaim how strange and freaky this all is. I keep putting documentary in quotation marks, because its purpose was not to educate the public, its purpose was to make people feel good about themselves.

I didn't think it was too bad. Of course human nature is to gawp at unfamiliar things, and there was an element of that. But I also thought that they explored a little bit behind the reasons that people become ABs. I don't think the programme makers were unduly unfair or critical of those they filmed... Although I would have liked it if they showed people playing older ages. And the talcum-powder fetishist was a bit... odd... (as if wearing diapers isn't :-/).

"Derek is building a dungeon in his garden shed." (or whatever that quote was!) It sounded like such a British thing to do!

I'm finding it to be quite informative thus far. I don't find it too much looks down on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryRaven View Post
    I just saw this today, and I have no idea if anyone else has seen it so I'm leaving the link here. BBC did it right this time, although I do have a few problems with one of the Daddy's pressing his little girl about being littler. Nothing to do with the value of it, just a personal opinion.

The 15-Stone Babies part 1 - YouTube
    If you search for '15 Stone Babies' you'll find this program discussed on lots of other ADISC threads...

I saw people's reactions to it on twitter before I saw the film, and probably because of that I was very down on it. The out-pouring of contempt in response to it was no more or less than the response to any other appearance of ABDL in the mainstream media. Also, credit (use the word rather precisely) where it's due it wasn't a BBC program, it was Minnow Films for Channel 4. In fact one of the Minnow researchers was sniffing around here a couple years ago looking for people to take part.

As i've mentioned in a previous post, my biggest bug with it was its need to portray ABs as 'lacking' in some respect. My belief is that the 'whys and wherefores' of AB/DL behaviour are complex, idiosyncratic and manifold. To reduce it to 'oh, she wears diapers because she had a rough childhood', 'oh he wears diapers because he wants to escape from the stress of real life' is not only patronising; it relies on the implicit assumption that what we do is - at best - a compensation for a 'normal upbringing' (whatever that is) or - at worst - 'wrong'. I've got news for you Minnow Films, we aren't 'wrong'; speak for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaur View Post
    As i've mentioned in a previous post, my biggest bug with it was its need to portray ABs as 'lacking' in some respect. My belief is that the 'whys and wherefores' of AB/DL behaviour are complex, idiosyncratic and manifold. To reduce it to 'oh, she wears diapers because she had a rough childhood', 'oh he wears diapers because he wants to escape from the stress of real life' is not only patronising; it relies on the implicit assumption that what we do is - at best - a compensation for a 'normal upbringing' (whatever that is) or - at worst - 'wrong'. I've got news for you Minnow Films, we aren't 'wrong'; speak for yourselves.
    While Minnow Films was certainly looking for a reason for our odd behavior, I don't at all think they were saying that what we do is wrong. In fact, they were trying to elicit sympathy from viewers, specifically when mentioning how many of us have to hide or that many AB/DLs have attempted suicide. After watching the documentary, I did not get the impression that they were implying that our activities are bad at all.

For me, it seemed like the purpose of the film was just to be both informative and entertaining. While they did make the mistake of showing that one guy with the powder fetish, the documentary did shed some light on the relationships many AB/DLs are involved in. Additionally, they made the distinction between infantilism and pedophilia in the first couple minutes of the documentary, which definitely puts them in good light from the start.

Yeah, I seem this a while ago on here, before the +18 rule was enacted and I was forced off for 3 months. But I only got around to watching the first episode. I'll get around to watching the others.

There are some parts where it is a bit much but overall its not too bad,