Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi there ^^

Default Hi there ^^

Hi!

Joining a forum and not making a greeting thread is just unprofessional! So let's do this!

Hello there, I'm 20 years old, from the UK, currently working my way through Uni, and kind of a casual furry and diaper lover! This site was recommended by a friend and you guys seem pretty unreasonably nice! An internet community... that is nice, polite and puts thought into posts? Clearly I wasn't gonna pass this up.

When I'm not in diapers (which honestly, is almost all the time, save a few rare occasions) I do things like play video games (which honestly, it almost all the time), play musical instruments (piano and guitar, and pretend to sing) and if not that, I'm probably doing University work, or indulging in their societies, Anime, Computing and Game Design mostly ^^.

I hope I don't bring down the net-niceness too much =P, and increase the net wittiness as much as possible !

See you guys around,

Murtag~

Quote Originally Posted by Murtag View Post
    Hi!

Joining a forum and not making a greeting thread is just unprofessional! So let's do this!

Hello there, I'm 20 years old, from the UK, currently working my way through Uni, and kind of a casual furry and diaper lover! This site was recommended by a friend and you guys seem pretty unreasonably nice! An internet community... that is nice, polite and puts thought into posts? Clearly I wasn't gonna pass this up.

When I'm not in diapers (which honestly, is almost all the time, save a few rare occasions) I do things like play video games (which honestly, it almost all the time), play musical instruments (piano and guitar, and pretend to sing) and if not that, I'm probably doing University work, or indulging in their societies, Anime, Computing and Game Design mostly ^^.

I hope I don't bring down the net-niceness too much =P, and increase the net wittiness as much as possible !

See you guys around,

Murtag~
    Congrats and welcome to ADISC, you professional intro person you. It's great to meet you and your intro was great. I'm glad you said such kind and wonderful words about the site, I hope you come to find that we meet your expectations.

As a fellow anime and video game enthusiast, I am required, possibly by law, to ask you what your favorites are. To make things fair I'll share my own, which is Tales of Symphonia as my favorite video game and Black Jack (TV) as my favorite anime. (Cardcaptor Sakura being my favorite manga.) I won't go into depth about it, but they are real passion series for me.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your connection to diapers though? Just.. I mean, I see what you've listed on your profile as.. but do you feel like sharing that information about yourself? If you don't that's fine, you should just know this is totally a safe environment to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Congrats and welcome to ADISC, you professional intro person you. It's great to meet you and your intro was great. I'm glad you said such kind and wonderful words about the site, I hope you come to find that we meet your expectations.

As a fellow anime and video game enthusiast, I am required, possibly by law, to ask you what your favorites are. To make things fair I'll share my own, which is Tales of Symphonia as my favorite video game and Black Jack (TV) as my favorite anime. (Cardcaptor Sakura being my favorite manga.) I won't go into depth about it, but they are real passion series for me.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your connection to diapers though? Just.. I mean, I see what you've listed on your profile as.. but do you feel like sharing that information about yourself? If you don't that's fine, you should just know this is totally a safe environment to do so.
    Hello there gigglemuffinz ^^. You guys have already met all the expectations I have, so don't worry about it .

As for games as anime, top games (sorry I cannot pick one) are Final Fantasy X, Dark Chronicle, Shadow Of The Colossus, Kingdom Hearts and To The Moon. The tales games do look good, but I've never had the pleasure of playing any of that JRPG series yet :/. As for anime, I'll forwarn you I play games way more than I watch anime, I almost kind of an anime noob, but my favs are Dragonball Z (no seriously, I, for no describable reason, love this show immensely), Puella Magi Madoka Magica (extremely good, if you haven't, do yourself a favour and watch it! It is spectacular), and finally, basically any epic studio Ghibli movie, I'd pick Laputa: Castle In The Sky as my favourite, but Spirited away, Howl's moving castle and Princess Mononoke and all fantastic.

As for diapers, I didn't wanna get too into on the first post, but I happily will. Basically it's been a kind... I would describe as fascination of mine for quite a long time. But it was only semi-recently I got to try it for the first time, and honestly, it was great, would try again . In fact will be having fun quite a bit more in the near future ^^. My parents are fairly good at knowing everything that's in the house, so there's no way to get diapers past them unfortunately :/. (that's where Uni comes in ;D). That's honestly it really, I didn't mention much before since I don't have much to say unfortunately ^^'.

Hey! and welcome! So I heard U like dIepers and MudkipZ. Okay, now, in all seriousness... You know, I am into meeting other recreational diaper enthusiasts live, (we're all 18+ now on Adisc so I feel OK discussing live meeting stuff... couldn't really do that around the 13 year olds before) Ha! I began in this vein b/c you said a friend recommended Adisc to you... so you know other people who are Adisc-aware... at minimum... and know enough about us to say nice things about us. I am betting chances are they are ab or dl too. So you know other(s) aready...

I also thought you may like to know that I know a bunch of us in 3 cities in my province, and besides diapers we, for the most part have more than that in common: we tend towards geeky and nerdy a lot, with a tendency towards an interest in vid gaming, science fiction & fantasy, and all things techy. You are among friends...

As to pretending to sing... Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger, Neil Young, and any number of punk and thrash-metal frontmen (so-called because of their effrontery at calling themselves singers) got away with vocalizing off-key and they did just fine.

Your intro was cool in how, reading between the lines, you referenced the way Adisc is different from other abdl sites: how we encourage and display an air of professionalism, as you put it, applying to our light-handed but still present encouragement of decent grammar and spelling and writing style... that sets us apart from... well... the many other sites an ab or dl or furry might spend time on. Wit...

We liek that toos. Sorry, couldn't resist... Kind of an in-joke... Our Lord and mighty Moo does not really care much for internet memes, particularly ones originating in armpits... Raccoons who consider themselves witty are apt to so tease site owners and administrators...

(Right. Just remembered... Yoko Ono. In the category of those who pretend to sing, it would be criminal not to give her a mention... ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u3u16bFEYU
    Last edited by Raccoon; 05-Apr-2013 at 05:24.

Hello there gigglemuffinz ^^. You guys have already met all the expectations I have, so don't worry about it .
    Wonderful! I hope we continue to do good!

Final Fantasy X
    A wonderful game, often compared to Tales of Symphonia.. my favorite, simply because the first section of the game is similar to Final Fantasy X in small ways.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    I unfortunately have seen it and didn't really like it. I get why people like it it's just not my thing. I do like Madoka as a character a lot though!

Laputa: Castle In The Sky
    Oh my gawsh! I fellow "Castle in the Sky is the best" fan, though unfortunately the only other ones that have really excited me otherwise were Ponyo, Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbor Totoro.. though like Puella Magi, I totally get why people like them all.

DIAPERS
    Well, still.. it's wonderful to share what you were able to. Do you have any idea what started the fascination?

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Hey! and welcome! So I heard U like dIepers and MudkipZ. Okay, now, in all seriousness... You know, I am into meeting other recreational diaper enthusiasts live, (we're all 18+ now on Adisc so I feel OK discussing live meeting stuff... couldn't really do that around the 13 year olds before) Ha! I began in this vein b/c you said a friend recommended Adisc to you... so you know other people who are Adisc-aware... at minimum... and know enough about us to say nice things about us. I am betting chances are they are ab or dl too. So you know other(s) aready...
    Hi there Raccoon . I think you might be reading into it a liiiiittle too much ^^'. The friend I referenced is not someone I've had the pleasure of meeting in person, since they live... quite far away and also my opinion of you guys has just developed from doing my fair share of lurking ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Well, still.. it's wonderful to share what you were able to. Do you have any idea what started the fascination?
    I don't have much to say, couple of years ago just happened to discover it's existed, and lurked around a bit reading stuff. It was about the same time I first heard what a furry was ^^'. It just sounded interesting, it was kind of like "Oh cool, this exists? I'll just... read this article/story/forum". I didn't really think much on it for a couple of years, and then University started, which gave me a lot more Independence, enough to try it, and it was pretty cool, so yeah!

Hi!

See you guys around,

Murtag~
    Hi and welcome to the site. I'm a music geek, as I'm degreed in organ performance, piano, voice and conducting. I'm a church musician and an educator, teaching math to junior high students. I also enjoy writing and have four stories on this site and one on Nook Book. It sounds like you will be a great addition to the site.

Nice to have you on board! Another DL here from UK. Be sure to join the UK board group too for extra fun! (Probably!)

Welcome to ADISC, murtag!

Everyone is really nice! It's good to hear, that you didn't miss the opportunity to join this community!

If you already watched that much anime series and movies you're obviously no newb anymore, maybe just a little bit unexperienced
    Anyway, your taste is great, i think too that the ghibli movies are real masterpieces! And i think it's kinda common for boys to like DBZ for no actual reason, it's fighting, a rather good story, a great design and a lot of background and merchandising all mixed up together. Nothing wrong about that!

Learning two music instruments has been a lot of hard work, I suppose. I'm glad that you still play and seem to enjoy them. I've been kinda forced by my parents to play piano in the past, and i guess that's the reason why i'm playing quite rarely, besides the fact that i don't own one myself at the moment ^_-
    What's your favourite music "style" you like to play? I'd guess classic? ... it's most common, i just know a few people which are playing some modern stuff that way, even some mad genius, who's playing Rammstein on his piano
    But... eh wait, you're also playing the guitar...a electro, concert or western guitar, if i may ask?

Anyway, have fun here in our really nice community!

Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    Learning two music instruments has been a lot of hard work, I suppose. I'm glad that you still play and seem to enjoy them. I've been kinda forced by my parents to play piano in the past, and i guess that's the reason why i'm playing quite rarely, besides the fact that i don't own one myself at the moment ^_-
    What's your favourite music "style" you like to play? I'd guess classic? ... it's most common, i just know a few people which are playing some modern stuff that way, even some mad genius, who's playing Rammstein on his piano
    But... eh wait, you're also playing the guitar...a electro, concert or western guitar, if i may ask?

Ah, I was never forced to play piano, I've always done it of my free will, and I still love it . My favorite style, well it's certainly not classical, no offense to all you classical players out there. I play contemporary, with my music teacher been doing a lot of Einaudi recently, but what I really care about is Game music . Occasionally film music too (like studio ghibli music :B) but basically everything I know is from games. Final Fantasy (a lot of final fantasy), Halo 3, Dark Cloud, Shadow of the colossus, etc etc. I play what I love ^^. As for guitar, it tends to be a little similar right now XD (my favourite is Dirge For The Planet from Stalker shadow of Chernobyl, check it out ), but once I get good enough, I intend to play more rock / metally stuff. Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, Blue Oyster Cult, but currently I'm a bit awful XD so been playing what I can . I own an acoustic and electric guitar btw too, since you asked ^^, I enjoy both. I don't like restricting myself to any particular playing style, and my Guitar Teacher is insanely awesome at every style, so yarh .