Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone dated a medical doctor? I have.....

Hyperlitegreen

Default Has anyone dated a medical doctor? I have.....

Has anyone dated a medical doctor and knows about your diapers? Well, I have...It started as a blind date, and after the second date we hit it off. After the 3rd month, I finally cracked and told her that I use diapers for bedwetting. She was very understanding and said "Im really glad you told me, and what did your family doc say about your condition?" Well, I told her that it goes on and off as far as the bedwetting, and after that she never really questioned it. Whenever, we spent a night together or went camping..it didn't seem she was bothered by the fact i was only wearing a tshirt and a thick xplus abena. I guess she saw stuff like this at work all the time. Whenever, I woke up wet in the morning, she saw that I was soaked, and she was pretty blunt in her response saying "hey why don't you go and clean up in the bathroom". At that point, I realized doctors are not really caring and loving. Doctors are merely scientists that piece the puzzles of symptoms and give orders to allied health officials such as nurses, lab techs, xray tech, etc to execute the orders so that they can make a final determination of diagnosis. Well, after 6 months, she decided that since all of her friends are physicians...she said "we are not made for each other" and she said that after the fact she told me that she cheated on me when she took a trip with all of her other physician friends. Sheesh.....This was a couple of years ago. Im glad that it was over. Ugh.....Well, recently, I realized that the true caring and loving people in healthcare are nurses. One of my friends is a nurse and after we went to the bar together we went back to her apartment. We are best friends, and we just kept talking that night and I eventually dozed off. Well, in the middle of the night, she taped me on the shoulder and she said that I was wet but I was still a little bit tipsy from the alcohol. All, i remember is that she quietly said to rollover while she took my wet diaper off. Well, it turns out when I woke up that morning, she actually put a new diaper on me. I was embarassed and I asked her if she changed me. She said that it was no biggie, and she quickly went to sleep after she changed me. She said that i was a big snorer. I thanked her, and she was really friendly about it and not at the slightest perverted. I guess she knew what she was doing since she has to change her patient's diapers all the time. She's a really genuine nice friend.

I have never dated either a doctor or a nurse but I have a couple of friends who are nurses, and I would fully agree with your observation that they are more caring than doctors.

Humm... well.... whatever.

Your story is complete with judgements and clichés.

You should mention that it's in your experience and your opinion. Maybe in your imagination too?

I dated medical students if that counts. They aren't that great. Very snobby, but sometimes attractive. We saw a lot of diapers in the hospital, so I imagine telling anyone of them about it would be a bit too much.

But CONGRATULATIONS. I am glad to hear things went well for you. At least with the nurse.
    Last edited by LushieCat; 04-Apr-2013 at 20:46.

Im a medical student ... And i hope that im not any of those kinds of people. That being said, i have seen other students who are snobby and i have also seen doctors that are not very caring of their profession (i.e. they are often people that have been expected to study medicine because their father is a doctor and their grandfather was, etc.).

Personally, i think that the two comments are both an opinion of what you have experienced. I think it is important to remember that by dating one person, you cannot generalise about the whole profession (as there are definitely some nurses that i know who are extremely uncaring and they prefer to sit around, do as little as possible and go out to take smoke breaks as often as they can). But that being said, i also know some nurses that are wonderful and have actually helped me with seeing patients as well as helping me with my learning. All in all, dont generalise ... even if you have dated 50 people from one profession, there are always others out there that may just surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperlitegreen View Post
    Doctors are merely scientists that piece the puzzles of symptoms and give orders to allied health officials such as nurses, lab techs, xray tech, etc to execute the orders so that they can make a final determination of diagnosis. Well, after 6 months, she decided that since all of her friends are physicians...she said "we are not made for each other" and she said that after the fact she told me that she cheated on me when she took a trip with all of her other physician friends. Sheesh.....This was a couple of years ago. Im glad that it was over.
    Not entirely true. It's just a case of "shit rolls downhill." A doctor will typically possess all the skills a nurse has. However, a doctor has a much higher-level skillset than a nurse. A hospital that has its doctors administering medication and changing IV bags is going to go bankrupt quickly. Meanwhile, I'm not a doctor yet, but I am a doctoral student working in medical research. While everyone is different, I can tell you it's not uncommon for people in my field to have some trouble connecting with people outside of it. I might like someone a lot as a person. But the person I spend my life with is going to have to be a person that I can come home to and bitch about how the viral assay I spent two weeks running gave me shit data and I need to go back and test everything from the virus generation to the expression and isolation of the protein inhibitor against known controls. I need that person to be someone who hears that and understands what it means without me opening up a can of science lecture on them. Science and medicine are stressful fields with long hours and a huge demand to produce, and it can be years or even decades depending on your track before you start earning a respectable wage. I can't begrudge people in healthcare or science who feel they need to be with someone in their own field to be happy.

Of course, cheating is inexcusable and a completely separate matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek61 View Post
    Im a medical student ... And i hope that im not any of those kinds of people. That being said, i have seen other students who are snobby and i have also seen doctors that are not very caring of their profession (i.e. they are often people that have been expected to study medicine because their father is a doctor and their grandfather was, etc.).

Personally, i think that the two comments are both an opinion of what you have experienced. I think it is important to remember that by dating one person, you cannot generalise about the whole profession (as there are definitely some nurses that i know who are extremely uncaring and they prefer to sit around, do as little as possible and go out to take smoke breaks as often as they can). But that being said, i also know some nurses that are wonderful and have actually helped me with seeing patients as well as helping me with my learning. All in all, dont generalise ... even if you have dated 50 people from one profession, there are always others out there that may just surprise you.
    Absolutely! ... I've known both kinds myself. You'll find all kinds in all walks of life.

The problem I would have with dating a doctor or a nurse, summed up in one Mitchell and Webb sketch...

As it goes with dating and being ABDL, well you'd hope the medical experience would get rid of the *ewww* factor that puts a lot of people off, and what with confidentiality they'd know how to keep a secret, but I doubt that someone's profession (any kind) is a guarantee of being a good partner for this kind of kink.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    The problem I would have with dating a doctor or a nurse, summed up in one Mitchell and Webb sketch...

As it goes with dating and being ABDL, well you'd hope the medical experience would get rid of the *ewww* factor that puts a lot of people off, and what with confidentiality they'd know how to keep a secret, but I doubt that someone's profession (any kind) is a guarantee of being a good partner for this kind of kink.
    The "eww factor'' never goes away, sorry to say. No matter how many times I saw surgeries or really horrible stuff at the emergency room, getting used to someone's diaper fetish simply isn't the same. When you work in the medical field, you compartmentalise. This deals with your personal life. Let's say you work as a personal support worker and have to spend hours every day looking at and dealing the results of bowel incontinence, and then you come home and your other half wants you to change theirs...

On the other hand, if you set proper limits in your mind on what is appropriate and what is not, and limit some things to your intimate life, it might get easier.

Default Has anyone dated a medical doctor? I have.....

Well my partner has to put up with me being a former medic. So. If you think docs can be cold, try paramedics. Oh. And you won't be going to the hospital unless its damn well needed. Sadly a broken back stopped my career.