Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alcoholic Beverages

Default Favorite Alcoholic Beverages

Since this is now and 18+ site can we have a thread about our favorite alcoholic beverages?

1. This isn't an 18+ site. This is a PG-13 site that restricts its membership to 18+ individuals.
    2. There's a beer thread happening in this exact forum right now.
    3. Alcohol has never been off-limits to discussion here; only illegal activity has. I remember quite a few discussions of alcohol before the age restrictions that were kosher, so long as no one broke the rules by discussing illegal consumption of alcohol.

Oh sweet! Okay, so my favorite is a martini with equal parts Sloop Betty vodka, equal parts Bailey's Irish creme and Kahlua, and a dash a RumChata and Fireball Whiskey.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sweet! Okay, so my favorite is a martini with equal parts Sloop Betty vodka, equal parts Bailey's Irish creme and Kahlua, and a dash a RumChata and Fireball Whiskey.

I only started drinking recently, so I haven't really fleshed out what is my "favorite." I like hoppy beers, particularly IPAs, stouts, the like. I've been experimenting with whiskeys, generally drink it neat or mixed with ginger ale (a highball, I guess), sometimes with coke, depends on the whiskey.

Mike's Hard lemonade, the original. This I can chug down because it doesn't have lot of alcoholic taste.

My favorite drink at the moment seems to be Canadian Club or a gin martini. Something about sipping on the classics while listening to Dean Martin and Benny Goodman just makes me feel all the more rustic.

I'm easy to please so top of my list is beer (I really don't under stand beer snobbery since its such a blue collar drink). If I'm drinking sprits it's rum, not white rum as I've had a very bad experiences after drinking the better part of a bottle of Bacardi.

Craft beer and more craft beer. Give me a good stout or IPA any day.

Since this is wider than just beer though, I will also say I'm quite partial to a good mojito and that my basic "cheap" drink is a gin rickey. If I'm at a bar with friends and hate the offerings generally, I default to things are are impossible to screw up like whiskey and coke or long island iced teas.

Craft Beer: Russian Imperial Stout, Saison, Czech Pilsner.

Wine: Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Malbec.

Liquor:

Bourbon. Neat. Slightly Chilled glass.

I have more in depth posts in other threads.