Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats the coolest thing you have ever bought?

Default whats the coolest thing you have ever bought?

Mine would have to be a 23k gold plated pokemon card(a jiggly puff one) that was unopened for 10$
    Not only is it awesome it will also come the same day as my free diaper samples (if those arrive) so again pokemon helps me trough a time of my life

I have pretty unique hobbies, many of them involving commercial stuff or stuff people usually don't have. I've bought all sorts of things like that, such as license plates, streetlights, fire alarm systems, and other things I found for free like high-power discharge light fixtures and roof turbine ventilators. xD

I'm going to reply with the coolest thing that was ever bought for me: In high school, my dad surprised me by driving me from Ohio to Indiana to the world's largest musical instrument store and buying me a black laquer Selmer of Paris "Super Action 80 Series II" alto saxophone. I thought I was dreaming the whole time. I was waiting for something to go wrong the whole time because it all seemed too good to be true. I love that thing. It's name is Jasmine.

In the late '90's I needed a professional keyboard and I paid $4000.00 for a Korg T-1. I was so thrilled with the sound and the touch, as it's an 88 key keyboard with piano touch. The sounds were so good on that keyboard, that one day I got a telephone from one of the Roanoke television stations. They wanted to rent it to make a sound track for a commercial. I still have that keyboard, and use it for practicing and playing. It's only drawback is the number of notes you can play at once in combi mode, and the weight. There was a time I hauled it to gigs, but no more. In the case it weighs 90 lbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    In the late '90's I needed a professional keyboard and I paid $4000.00 for a Korg T-1. I was so thrilled with the sound and the touch, as it's an 88 key keyboard with piano touch. The sounds were so good on that keyboard, that one day I got a telephone from one of the Roanoke television stations. They wanted to rent it to make a sound track for a commercial. I still have that keyboard, and use it for practicing and playing. It's only drawback is the number of notes you can play at once in combi mode, and the weight. There was a time I hauled it to gigs, but no more. In the case it weighs 90 lbs.

- - - Updated - - -
    Have you been to Woodwind and Brasswind in Southbend Indiana? You would die! You get to play all of the best instruments the music industry has to offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    Have you been to Woodwind and Brasswind in Southbend Indiana? You would die! You get to play all of the best instruments the music industry has to offer!
    No but I've been to Thoroughbred music in Clearwater, Florida, and they had a ton of equipment. I sat down at their Korg Triton and started playing and suddenly I was surrounded by salesmen. They knew I was a serious player. I did buy some equipment from then that day, including a very large double stand where my T-1 now sits.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    No but I've been to Thoroughbred music in Clearwater, Florida, and they had a ton of equipment. I sat down at their Korg Triton and started playing and suddenly I was surrounded by salesmen. They knew I was a serious player. I did buy some equipment from then that day, including a very large double stand where my T-1 now sits.
    Nice. I'm kinda hijacking the thread, but if you want to chat about music, just drop me a message.

Hyperlitegreen

mexican jumping beans

Pretty average but the coolest thing I've ever bought is my ute/pick-up truck. It took a long time working on minimum wage to afford it and it's a way nicer vehicle than some one my age should own. It comes in super handy for things like hauling the quadbike and moving timber.

Unfortunately for me, the coolest things I've purchased thus far is a 'Gin and Titanic' ice cub tray set and a t-shirt that read "Jesus Saves" while he's manning the pipes and makes an impressive glove-side save in hockey goalie attire.