Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Nofap and ABDL - can it be done?

  1. #1

    Default Nofap and ABDL - can it be done?

    So I've recently started the 90 day nofap challenge, as I'm fed up of porn and its negative effects such as drained energy/motivation/confidence etc. Many people who complete the challenge (or 'reboot' as they call it) claim to be rid of their addiction, as well as feeling awesome overall.

    All well and good I thought, bring it on! But then I wondered how being an ABDL fits into this, because like many people here claim; it supposedly never goes away - you have it for life.

    Ok then, so I won't be throwing out my stash or anything like that just yet. But I find that my cravings for nappies are tightly linked to 'self indulgence'. So my question is: Do you think it's possible to do Nofap while remaining ABDL? Or is it possible that the desire for wanting nappies could 'beaten' in the same way as beating a porn addiction?

  2. #2

    Default

    I think being an ABDL isn't about stuff, it's about what's in your head. I've gone years without making use of any accessories but it's pretty persistent over time regardless. We can choose what we act on and how but I think in general, the desire will be with most of us throughout our lives. I did have a period of about three months almost seven years ago where I didn't register a blip. I considered getting rid of my stuff because it felt so entirely gone. I decided that there would always be time to dispose of my stash should I choose to, and past experience indicated it would return, which of course it did.

    Swearing off masturbation seems like an extreme step to me and one that I'd be hard-pressed to justify. If you think it will do you some good, more power to you, but while I could see that you may wish to change how you engage in this behavior, I don't think an arbitrary swearing off is the best way to achieve that.

  3. #3

    Default

    I suppose it's possible for at least a certain proportion of *B/DLs...

    But as of myself it'd be more complicated. I'm asexual, and my choice of turn-ons is pretty much my fetishes, so it must involve self-stimulation at some point. It took me years to realize my complete lack of attraction for others (male or female) wasn't normal, but that's another story xD

  4. #4

    Default

    Yeah to be honest I'll probably aim to just cut down rather than quit altogether. I guess I just got sucked into the hype from all the people saying it changed their lives and stuff. I assume it's pretty harmless if it's only now and then, like the occasional alcoholic beverage.

    Still going to see if I can last 90 days though just as an experiment.
    Last edited by Feline; 03-Apr-2013 at 23:29. Reason: double post

  5. #5

    Default Re: Nofap and ABDL - can it be done?



    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Yeah to be honest I'll probably aim to just cut down rather than quit altogether. I guess I just got sucked into the hype from all the people saying it changed their lives and stuff. I assume it's pretty harmless if it's only now and then, like the occasional alcoholic beverage.

    Still going to see if I can last 90 days though just as an experiment.
    You can always try one of those chasity devices. Sex is natural in any shape or form. Desire may rise but if in doubt, think of Barbara Streisand.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    You can always try one of those chasity devices. Sex is natural in any shape or form. Desire may rise but if in doubt, think of Barbara Streisand.
    Thanks for the tip, but that's a step too far for me! I'm not against sex at all - if anything it's my porn use that was preventing me from making an effort with the ladies, which is why I thought I'd give nofap a go.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    You can always try one of those chasity devices. Sex is natural in any shape or form. Desire may rise but if in doubt, think of Barbara Streisand.
    Personally I think of John Boehner in speedos, nothing quite kills arousal like that image in your head.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
    Personally I think of John Boehner in speedos, nothing quite kills arousal like that image in your head.
    John Prescott in speedos?

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    John Prescott in speedos?
    Ergghhh, I revise that previous statement, I don't think I'd be able to play a solo symphony for days if that I thought about that long enough.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    So I've recently started the 90 day nofap challenge, as I'm fed up of porn and its negative effects such as drained energy/motivation/confidence etc. Many people who complete the challenge (or 'reboot' as they call it) claim to be rid of their addiction, as well as feeling awesome overall.
    I think you'd be better off just getting rid of the porn. Sexual activity (in all it's forms, including masturbation) is part of a perfectly healthy lifestyle. If what you are really asking is can I change how I get turned on, then, I think the answer is yes? However, getting rid of ABDL thoughts, whether they are sexual are not, is probably not the same and not possible.

Similar Threads

  1. non abdl girlfriend needing help coming to terms with abdl boyfriend
    By needingguidance in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 25-Mar-2013, 06:49
  2. ABDL on Tv!
    By jj2jjj in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-Aug-2012, 10:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.