View Poll Results: Who is the best animated dog?

6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Balto

2 33.33%
  • Charlie Barkin

3 50.00%
  • Humphrey

1 16.67%
  • Aleu

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The best animated dog?

Default The best animated dog?

Some of the best animated characters of the past have been animated dogs. I mean, who wouldn't want to see mans best pal in one in another dimension than that of reality? Heres your choices, is it Balto, Charlie Barkin from All Dogs Go To Heaven, Humphrey from Alpha and Omega or Aleu from Balto II: Wolf Quest. The one with the most votes will be claimed as the best animated dog. Also state a reason for your ballot.

You don't have Snoopy.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    You don't have Snoopy.
    Snoopys already legendary. Consider this like next-of-kin.

Oh, OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Bolt is not on the list.
    Neither is Dug

Quote Originally Posted by nothingusual View Post
    Neither is Dug
    Nor a few others: List of fictional dogs in animation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and List of fictional canines in animation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Interestingly, I don't see Dug on either list, which I would say is a significant oversight. I think there's enough of them that anyone who cared would have a significant list to pick from and probably most lists wouldn't find much common ground. I find the poll list to either be one borne of shallow experience or akin to Stephen Colbert's joke choices such as "George W. Bush, great president or greatest president?"

Rowf and Snitter from the Plague Dogs would place highly on my list for emotional impact, but I'm not in any hurry to see them again as it was a hard movie to watch. Underdog is probably the significant dog of my childhood but having tried to watch episodes as an adult, they don't hold up. Scooby Doo and Snoopy cast some of the longest cultural shadows, for better or worse.

I think Warners milked off of Scobby Doo for far too long, those 70s hairdos are yeah, a little outdated.

Amd I only included the characters that I've seen the movies to. Dug and Bolt slipped my mind to be honest.
    So has anybody voted?

This is the worst poll ever, ok, if you want to know peoples opinions, people have to know who they all are, and dont say Scooby is outdated, Balto was made in like the 90's, outdated, I think so. But yes, 3 best dogs, Dug, Scooby and Snoopy.